1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

I can never own enough...

Apr 23, 2024

1. Basically the counterpoint to the "Things I don't buy anymore" thread - what are things that are indispensable in this hobby for you?
      What do you constantly think, "I really need to buy more [X]"?
      What's something you almost always add to your cart when you're making an order?

I'll start: for me, it's three things, actually.
      The first is shoes. I never seem to have enough shoes for my girls.
      The second is wig caps. I was kinda surprised by the number of people who said they never buy wig caps anymore. I can't have enough of them. Just got a bunch in the mail, and I'm doing the wig-tug test: grab a small piece of a doll's hair and give it a gentle tug. If the wig flies right off, on goes a silicone wig cap. I love silicone wig caps.
      The third is flexible silicone washers (aka silicone "kips" in the hobby). I put them under necks, between joints, and between parts when I ship a doll. They're great for creating friction and helping the dolls to hold poses. They don't "freeze" joints in place like hot glue sometimes does.

How about you? Maybe we can help some new collectors out.
      Or maybe we'll all just confess our obsessive need to collect eyes. :lol:

2. Eyeballs... my precioussssss

I have more eyeballs than heads... and I think I always will :lol:

#2 Dybbuk, Apr 23, 2024
      Last edited: Apr 23, 2024
    3. Pants! >_<;
      I have been in the hobby for years, and I find I never have enough pants for everyone. This doesn't matter if it's a year I buy no dolls or a year my resin army grows. There is a constant pants/shorts/skirts shortage as every influx of either dolls or bottoms has a cycle. Which normally has a stealing/barrowing from others phase and/or finding that anything not in use is in weird sizes so doesn't fit. (Or worse is in the drawer of these stains so can only be used for like seconds for photos and then taken right off after. Mostly random iffy stuff from full sets.)

Eyes, wigs, and shoes also feel always needed, even if not at the time. My brain just goes yeah sure everyone is good now, but what if I want to change someone's look or buy a new doll later?.

Elastic strings for restringing needs.
      Affordable doll chairs in both 1/3rd and 1/4th scales and/or stands for bigger dolls.
      Weird one here hemostats/clamps, I have like 4 or so now and it's shocking to me how one just wasn't enough nor was two actually. I have a lot of different sized BJDs and sometimes with stringing you just need more then a couple of those for the weird/hard jobs.

4. Eyes. Sometimes I wonder if I eat them while thinking to something else because I never have enough eyes. And fabrics! Japanese fabrics especially. I have a bunch of them, I could sew outfits for years without needing to buy more, but... I keep buying more nonetheless.

5. Materials... Fabrics, fibers, beads and other knick-knacks I see a possibility for doll crafting in, I hoard recklessly. I think that's the dark side of being a hardcore DIY person, I own more materials than finished things (for my dolls and just in general) and I still feel like I don't have enough materials :sweat

6. - Eyes putty
      - Face guard
      - New string... Once every year I think
      - Silicone kips... Along with the string
      - Magic sponge
      - Zipper bag for clothes

These are unstoppable :XD:

I love eyes and wigs and clothing too but at some point you will find that it's enough for this brand of certain items. Like, no more than 10 Mako eyes, or I only need 3 Sets of dress from DollHeart, for example :lol:

That's why I won't consider wigs, shoes, and eyes in this category.

7. Shoes! Never enough shoes! (I feel like I've said this in a couple of threads already but it's true - I am a shoeholic :sweat)

Small snaps and clasps (velcro hater here, all clothes must close with reasonable but easy closures). Extra points if I can find a good size in a store irl.

I make most clothes myself but I feel like it's worth noting that I never have enough socks or underwear somehow? So I keep making more almost every sewing session.

As an unoa owner I also never have enough faceplates :chibi

8. Yeah the amount of eyeballs I now have in my room is probably concerning along with wigs and clothes. If I was unchecked I would buy a shit ton of a) bust stands and b) wig stands for styling wigs but alas

9. If I'm thinking about the practical stuff: elastic strings. I only check and change if I must the strings of my dolls once a year but somehow I always seem to be lacking string of the right thickness. Maybe my lack of organization has something to do with this xD
      But also... shoes! I love shoes. I would have all the 1/4 girl shoes. High heels, flats, boots... All of them I love <3

10. Saaaaammmeee... I have materials for dolls that I don't own yet, for outfits that I don't have the skill to sew yet...

11. Feeling personally attacked (are you me?) :lol:

12. Count me in on the shoes and eyes corner of shame.

Eyes in particular seem to just multiply silently in the box when I'm not paying attention. I refuse to believe I have actually bought that many.

13. Eyes are like dice. They give that same...clicky clacky smooth *niceness* feel?? Small and collectible and they come in so many pretty colors and I just...I can't get enough!!!

14. Eyes and Wigs! I love having a nice stash of these. They come in handy every time I get a new doll and haven't decided on the look yet. Or when I want to try out a new look for a doll I already have. Or when a friend has a new doll and is looking for what is going to fit.
      Socks! I'm a tights-and-socks lover IRL and some om my dolls follow in the same tracks. Many of my dolls tend to wear skirts, so the right socks are important.
      Shoes is kind of the same, but to a lesser extent because they are so much more expensive to buy and harder to make.

I don't count sewing and crafting materials, because a lot of it is stuff I use for myself and for other hobbies as well.

15. Fabric for doll clothes. Yarn for wigs. Props I might want to take pictures with one day.

I guess I'm with the material hoarders.

16. I'm on the same train for eye and wig hoard lol I love having options even though I don't change things around much. I also for some reason keep buying SD girl clothes when I only have 3 SD girls and they're styles are already set and are much more elegant than what I keep buying :sweat

17. Two fold answer:
      1. Things i keep buying even though from an outside perspective I have enough, but internally I'm not satisfied yet with the options I have so I won't stop buying until I've found what feels like the correct "fit" for everyone - eyes and wigs. I have many but not many that feel "right" or that each doll has "their" correct set or eyes or wig.

2. Things i KNOW I have enough of, have way too much of actually, but keep buying anyway because it brings me joy- clothing and shoes for the tiny dolls. Specifically for my Jacoosun Rous. Could the Rou boys do with more clothing? Yes. Is it the boys I am primarily buying for? No. Do the SDs have to share like 4 shirts and 6 pairs of pants? Yep. Am I buying them clothes? nope. Could the minis use an influx - especially my roze heln and chae as only one of them has clothing on ? Absolutely. But here i am, constantly buying the tiny girls more cute clothes and shoes - because the level of detail in things that small is enchanting.

18. I'm with you all on eyes and wigs! I also never seem to have enough clothing to cover all of my dolls. :huh?:

19. long black msd wig. I have several. And yet here I am. Thinking to myself: "damn, maybe I need some more of those".
      Other stuff too, like shoes and clothes and eyes, but it's ridiculous how many of the same exact wig I keep buying

20. Oof, definitely eyes, shoes, wigcaps, wigs (ever growing wig collection), pants, silicone kips, string (I need to order more string - open to recommendations of where to order from, I kinda like trying string from different sellers each time I get more) <3