1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Marbled Halls Pocket Sprockets discussion Part 1

Aug 6, 2015

1. So is anyone else getting excited about the Pocket Sprockets? I just got an "order completed and ready for shipping" notice. Did anyone else? Can't wait to see them!

....Mod Note.....

This is a discussion for Marbled Halls "Pocket" Sprockets by Connie Lowe.

Pocket Sprockets Measurements:

MARBLED HALLS: http://www.marbledhalls.com/

MARBLED HALLS / Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/connie.lowe.7798

Marbled Halls Sprockets discussion Part 1:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php/554401-Marbled-Halls-Sprockets-discussion-part-1

Marbled Halls Pocket Sprockets discussion Part 1:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...bled-Halls-Pocket-Sprockets-discussion-Part-1

2. I just received my Pocket Sprocket Meek today! She's adorable but there's one problem and I'm hoping someone here can advise me. I ordered her with a wig, which is a lovely wig but TOO SMALL :( I don't know why I have such trouble getting wigs to fit, and I thought surely ordering one with the doll would fit, but it doesn't (too bad too because it would look really cute on her!) - it won't even stay on for a second. Is it worth trying to contact jpopdolls to exchange? It's a 4/5 and I don't have any dolls that size would fit. Have any of you had a similar experience? I was also thinking of maybe cutting a tiny bit at the back of the wig to hopefully loosen it up (the cap is slightly stretchy). Would this just ruin the wig? I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks very much

3. I received my Pocket Sprockets today too and I am having the same problem. I can not get that wig to stay on to save my life. Meek almost shot right out of my hand when the wig snapped off. Maybe you are right and we need to snip the elastic a little. Let me know if you have any luck with that or if we need to call Jpop.

4. I'm only reluctant to snip the elastic in case jpop will allow us to exchange - are they generally responsive there? I haven't dealt with them before other than to order another wig a few years ago. Maybe I'll email them.

5. oh how cute Dez1015!
      I especially like Meek! Thanks for the photo!

Their heads look bigger than a 4/5... Do you have a measuring tape? I have snipped wigs before and I ruined two.
      I would rather go bigger and use a wig cap or tape.
      I hope JPoP exchanges for another wig.
      Please share more pics!!
      I want to know more about them :D

6. Good to know about snipping wigs! I have a lot of 5/6's that are definitely too big. Hopefully there's just a plain "5" exists.

7. OK I heard from Grace at Jpop Dolls, she said:

HI Vicky,
      The wigs are from Connie and all the same size. Take the wig and really stretch it , it should work. You can cut the elastic, but honestly, I would just stretch and stretch.
      Grace

So I stretched and stretched, it seems to be working a little although I still will need to do more. Is it ok to glue a wig on (something like Aileen's Tacky Glue), assuming I can get it on her comfortably? I think I read somewhere that that was ok to do. I measured her head and it's just about 5", the tag in the wig said "JF Styler" or something like that. It's a nice wig.

I'm already looking forward to getting more of these!

Anyway, here she is with her eyes and wig (lying in my lap, if I stood her up the wig would fall off):

[​IMG]

8. She's very cute Vivi, I guess you don't have a problem with the wig fitting?

9. She is so cute [MENTION=652]Vivi[/MENTION]!!

I am glad Grace replied so quickly [MENTION=61972]Cornflakes[/MENTION]...sounds like a good idea to stretch. I have heard of folks using tacky glue! I use scrapbooking sticky dots and/ or doubled over tape ^^
      Whichever you are comfortable with...I know how frustrating it is to have wigs flying off just as you gotten them on just right!

10. I got my Glum and her wig was a PITA to put on. A silicon cap and a lot of fidgeting and swearing and it's on now

11. I'm sure I wouldn't be able to fit a silicone cap under the wig. I haven't tried again but will when I get the chance.

12. The silicon cap I have is very thin so that helps

13. This thread needs a good bump up!!! Isn't anyone loving their Pocket Sprockets lately??? This picture isn't recent but still love it! ;) Glum is back to being a blond now and Marvel has darker red braids. I will have to take a new one soon!
      [​IMG]000_2288 by Barbara Gehring, on Flickr