1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

PicotPrince Discussion Thread

Oct 10, 2014

1. You`re welcome to talk about PicotPrince dolls in here :aheartbea

2. What a fantastic sculpt! I love the nose, eyes, lips-- well, just about everything about the sculpt, really. Anyone know what resin matches? Is the normal similar to Volks normal?

3. The normal skin yellow matches April Story`s normal skin pretty good!

4. Wow, I am super excited about this head! He looks so cool and unique. Definitely giving some serious thought into adopting one *settles in with some popcorn for the wait*

5. I have him! His name is Trouble and he's a brat. He just got a body today/yesterday.

[​IMG]

6. Oh, he is so cool! He definitely looks like a Trouble :XD:

7. His name is Trouble because when he was shipping to me he bounced back and forth between 2 post offices for days before ended up at the post office in a town 3 hours away.

And then his body I had to carry home from the post office in the rain because our mailman sucks.

He's my big brat XD

8. How pretty he is Youpla!

I'm waiting for Trouble's faceup to start rubbing off or get damaged or something, I love it too much to just wipe it but at the same time I wanna paint his face too!

Might just have to get me another head XD i've already been eyeing Mr. Flirt too.

9. Oh, he looks great Youpla!!! I love this guy's lips :XD:

10. Here's Trouble's silly Christmas shirt I made for the meet I went to sunday.

[​IMG]

Also tried a wig on him at the meet and found out he looks really good as a redhead. I need to see if I can get my hands on a leeke wig in carrot now.

11. Hi there! I was wondering what kinds of bodies this head can go on? Does it have to be a big, huge body, or can it go on something smaller?
      Thanks!

12. VampireAngel13 my Trouble is on April Story's senior body which is a recommended resin match and its just 65cm with the AS heads, but taller with him because his head is bigger than their heads. Its muscular but not huge, he can fit some standard SD clothing, knit shirts mostly. I bought him some 70cm pants but they're too big in the waist, i'm hoping I can find some a little smaller.

My SD boy I had before him is much daintier and I still don't find him huge in comparison, he's just on the tall side because of his big head.

The other recommended match is Switch but i've never owned anything from them. I hear nothing but positive though so thats also worth looking into.

Also Trouble got a dorky Christmas sweater!

[​IMG]

I cut apart a baby sweater I found at work and took it in. He's such a dweeb so he absolutely needed it. Its perfect for him.

13. Is this really the latest discussion thread for this company? It hasn't been touched in over two years :pout:

I got myself a PicotPrince Makoto head a few months back, and I'm looking for a body to have him on. I used to have an April Story body which was... somewhat fitting. The character I have in mind for him doesn't have that buff of a body, so I was looking into Mirodoll's new 66 cm boy body or Dikadoll's 70 cm boy body. Just something with a tiny bit less definition of muscles xD

Here's my PicotPrince Makoto - Qurious as he's named, or "Auntie" as he's called by all x)

[​IMG]

It's really messy and all made in one layer to try some colors, brushes, materials, pattern out x) So it will look a bit different when I make it "for real". But you get a sense of the feeling I'm after :D

14. I found myself a Dikadoll 70 cm boy body in (yellowed?) white skin, and colourwise it's almost a PERFECT match. I'm unsure how old my head is, but basically it's just a tiny bit darker than the body. The colour nuance is spot on.

[​IMG]

My PicotPrince Makoto head on the Dikadoll 70 cm boy body. Both in WS.

Proportionwise the body works really well. The neck is of course too long, but I've tried my head on so many bodies, all with the same result, that it's rather that the neck hole in the head is too shallow. I'm going to try to mod the head slightly to make it fit better, since I don't want to ruin a perfect body. This body is slim and fit the character perfectly! It's also so easy to pose and make natural poses with. Highly recommend, though with the caution that the neck will need modding in one way or another.

And I've still not given him his proper face up so please ignore the mess xD

15. @indigoparaflax - he looks great! His wig is killer. I didn't even realize there was a thread for these dolls. I have one but mine's a girl. And she's been airbrushed brown. Heh.

[​IMG]

16. @BlitheFool No, I had to use the search function to even find this thread, it was so far back xD

Thank you for your kind words on Q, and wow! She's stunning in brown <3 she looks so calm and gentle xD

17. Aw! Poor abandoned thread. I get the feeling not too many people got these heads- which is sad because I think they're quite lovely (male or female!).

18. This thread may be abandoned but I’m so excited to have stumbled across one of these rare heads in the marketplace!:) He’s a Makoto and I was absolutely blown away by his unique features. The moment I saw him, I instantly recognized a character I’d been looking to shell for a decade! He’ll be sharing a Luts Senior65 Delf body in normal for now. The color match is about 95% (just a little corrective blushing needed when I do his face-up) and the proportions are really good. He’s going to be a very exciting project!

#20 PoeticSoul, Apr 7, 2020
      Last edited: Apr 27, 2020