1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Limhwa v. Soul Doll Metel

Mar 14, 2006

1. Ooooh I would love to see a comparison pic....I had not seen the SoulDoll girl! :D She is fabulous:)

2. O dont think the limwa has been released yet

I think she is beautiful ...she reminds me of a tiny shrunk BJD..
      the Soom ...although I liked her , the body was a little too ...well doll like ,for my taste ...I didnt put that well
      you know like those kits ?
      I am trying to resist this size
      I would have to sell my Choseol to get her
      then I think of the outfits I could make ...those tiny cool Pullip leather boots I saw once
      which made me want a Pullip
      off to check out the Souldoll one now

3. WOW ! what a body
      ...I just saw the souldoll

4. I like them both. Souldoll Metel is more curvy. Not so keen on her hands or feet. She has a lovely face. Her wrist and ankle joints look as though they have another piece in them.
      The thigh joint of ToYou is very interesting. Looks as though she could turn her leg sideways. I'd like to see more posing of these two.
      It would be a hard choice, but I lean more toward ToYou although I love the face of ForYou even better, especially the pink faceup with the blonde bob. Just needs black eye liner to be more 60's - fab!

5. I like the To You body better but the Souldoll face.

Dang.

6. I've been looking at/ trying to decide between these two dolls and thought I'd bump this thread up to see if anyone had pictures to compare them at this point.

I'm not really sure how to choose.

7. In another thread I saw that the first order of Limhwa's for the US just arrived as a group and are now being shipped to their individual owners, so soon the owners will have them. But I don't know if any of the ToYou recipients also own Metel.

Kalmia received her ToYou earlier and she has a minireview here:

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52719

And here are some more photos of ForYou and ToYou, including Kalmia's ToYou with a faceup:

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59021

Carolyn

8. :) any more pictures of Metel ?

saying no more :)

9. I saw that thread. Hmm maybe if someone could eventually post up a picture of a limhwa vs a Soomdoll Uyoo or a barbie vs a metel. I have an awful time with relative size from images.

10. thanks Carolyn :)

I just love her bod
      I wonder if those Pullip boots I saw would fit her :roll:

11. OK - Here is a Photoshop mockup of a comparison between 1/6 dolls...

From left to right...

Barbie - Limhwa ToYou - Roxy Becy - Souldoll Metel - Soom Uyoo

[​IMG]

The measurements I used for the mockup are:

ToYou - 27cm (10.6 inch)
      Becy - 25.5 cm (10 inch)
      Metel - 28cm (11 inch)
      Uyoo - 30cm (11.8 inch)

I scaled the photos to the correct relative doll heights and I adjusted them vertically to line up their soles best I could.

Apologies to the people whose photos I borrowed to do this.

Carolyn

12. Great job Carolyn, how cool to see them all lined up together.
      They are all so cute, too!
      Catrina

13. I wonder how toyou compares with Skipper? Do they still make Skipper- I'll do a search. But she looks like she'll need to go in very fitted barbie clothes. Metel looks very comparable to Barbie. She looks like no problem for clothes- but shoes. They have similar sized heads. Nice pic-thanks Fitz

14. Sarahdipity - I did the 1/6 comparison photoshop thing above. :)

I did a another mockup comparison, this time of Limhwa ToYou with various fashion dolls.

From left to right...

Barbie - ToYou - Tiny Kitty - Skipper - My Scene Barbie

[​IMG]

Carolyn

15. And one more - since ToYou is exactly 27cm, this is one comparing her to 27cm (1/6) fashion dolls.

Left to right is...

ToYou - Volks EB (a Dollfie Plus) - Momoko - Takara Jenny

[​IMG]

These look like a better fit sizewise for ToYou, though Momoko may be too slim for tight clothes to fit ToYou, and they all look like their waists and maybe their hips are smaller than ToYou's. There are some really nice clothes for those dolls, but they can be pricy.

Carolyn

16. I think after all those shots and staring at Kalmia's original review I will pick a Limhwa. However, now I have to do all the other deciding. Wig and eyes or not. And I have no clue what to do about the faceup stuff. I don't have the supplies for that, and I'm not sure I want to try it out...quite yet.

I guess if I really want her I should actually order her soon.

17. I think the current Limhwa order period was extended to end on the 27th (unless they sell this month's limit of 10 first).

And I know what you mean about doing the faceup. I bought the materials for another doll a while ago but I have anxiety about trying it.

Carolyn

18. Yeah, I'm wondering more about the 10 limit. Do we know what the wigs/eyes that ship with them look like? *searches around to see what there is on ebay and other sites mentioned on DOA*