1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Limhwa Elly Discussion (New 57 Girl from Limhwa)!

Nov 9, 2009

1. Hmm... I think Limhwa has some problems with making too similar dolls... This girl just looks like Half Elf, but with the mouth closed and smiling a little more. I don't feel much difference, and it doesn't make me want to buy this doll, having a half elf...

Of course, it's just my opinion, I hope I didn't offend anyone ^^'

2. I actually really like her. Enough that I'm totally considering ordering her instead of a half elf. I really like her eye shape; she looks more sly whereas I think half-elf looks a little too sweet.

3. It's looking like Limhwa will be releasing a new 57cm girl, Elly... and she's just gorgeous!

Picture here

Link to news thread

Link to Limhwa's Korean site (more pictures of Elly can be found by clicking "Limhwa" on the left hand side)

Personally, I'm just dying to eventually get this girl in tan. I hope Dollfair updates their Limhwa page soon!

4. I'd have to disagree with you, Yunachan! :) It makes sense that the things that the same artists create have a similar feel, but Elly's face is different from Limhwa Half Elf. Elly's sculpt is more mature. The Half Elf looks more like an innocent teenager, whereas Elly has more of a sophisticated air that makes her more suitable for a character in their mid-to-late twenties. To me, Luna is the sculpt that looks the oldest (I would place her in the early thirties category).

Again, more opinions. ;)

I usually shy away from girl sculpts, but Limhwa's I can't get enough of! Elly looks gorgeous and I can't wait to see her released! :aheartbea

:bcake Tacti

5. Oh me too! I'm dying for her in tan too!

I actually mistook her for Limhwa Luna actually... I can't tell the difference but I haven't taken a really good look at them. I'm having a really hard time figuring out which one I want more :(

I've never ordered a Limhwa doll before, but you order from Dollfair? I went to the website but it had narae/narin only and limhwa.com hasn't updated for awhile it seems. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong place? :sweat

6. Oh, I love her!!! :aheartbea

I think she looks a little similar to the half elf here. But definitely not here.

I've liked the half-elf but thought she looked a little too serene and didn't want elf ears, so Elly is perfect!
      Finally a doll with a really cute smile!

7. Elly is wonderful with her lovely smile.

8. I wish they would release her in elf version, haha! she is lovely.

9. She reminds me of Luna, but then with a closed mouth and she looks very different from Eva and Human. There's still enough variation in the Limhwa molds. ;)

I think Elly looks lovely (and I like her name). I won't buy her, but I'd love to see how others will style her. Hopefully someone buys her in tan resin.

10. At first I thought I was looking at Luna in the first picture, but futher down I thought I was seeing the Half Elf, but this girl is different from them, so I am still looking at her. I can see the resemblence.

11. I'm with you mokarran, I think I need this girl in tan. I've been waiting since I just barely missed the last order closing in September, so I hope Dollfair opens orders soon!

12. I've ordered straight through Limhwa.com instead of going through a dealer, it just makes more sense to me and the Limhwa peaple are so friendly. Elly isn't up there yet since she isn't released yet, but hopefully she'll be available for the next ordering period!

13. I usually like ordering direct from the company, but I think I might order through Dollfair for Elly just for convenience sake...

I did some quick and dirty comparison pictures in Photoshop, with Half Elf, Luna, and Elly. I used LadyNyssa's comparisons of Half Elf and Luna from here on DoA, the original post can be found here.

Head-on shot:
      [​IMG]

3/4-ish shot:
      [​IMG]

I think Elly looks kind of in between Luna and Half Elf, but I think her face is more similar to the latter... Luna's face is very mature and angular, and her nose is larger than either half elf or Elly... I think Elly's eyes might be smaller than both of the others... I think she's perfect... More mature than Half Elf, but not as intense as Luna.

14. The Limhwa.com site is managed by Dollfair too... they're the international dealers of this artist.

Thanks for the comments, I like to see everyone's opinions about the subject :)

Editing, because mokarran posted the same time as me ehuahueha XD:

Thanks for the comparison shots.. I thought they were too similar, because they just look like sisters... The Human and Eva are the most different ones in the collection... Luna just looks like an older sister to half elf, and Elly is in the middle, like you said... I feel the face form is similar, this round face (i like it very much on my half elf) with just a little pointy chin...

The lips form is similar too, but the half elf is smiling less than the other two girls... Elly's nose ressembles half elf's nose, and their eyes are similar (the three of them) in form, with Elly's eyes being just a little more asiatic...

That's why I said they are too similar ^^' ehuahue but I don't know if it can be the face up, too, because the style is almost the same, so it can confuse a little...

15. I definitely agree that they look like sisters! I can understand that someone who already has a half elf isn't tempted to get her, because they do look very similar. But as someone who was stuck in between wanting a Half Elf (but she looked too young and sweet!) and Luna (but she looked too fierce!), Elly is the perfect solution for me.

I also think the Limhwa faceups can make all the girls look similar, too. I'd love to see some blank comparisons...

16. Yes, I'd love to see them without the trademark Limhwa glitter ;)

17. My first thought was that Elly looked too much like Luna, and I was not particularly excited. The pictorial comparisons are very helpful-I actually like her more now. They would make a perfect pair of sisters.

I really wish Limwha would put another big guy out for all these girls. To-L doesn't count.

18. Thanks mokarran for the comparison pics.
      Elly is really gorgeous. She's got something in her face and smile that really catches my eye.

19. I like her lips!

20. She's stunning and I have a sneaking suspicion a third Limhwa girl will be coming here in the future.:lol: And I agree that she looks like a combination of Luna and the Half Elf. Luna's longer less round face with the Half Elf’s delicious full lips, but smaller looking eyes than either of them. I also think the Limhwa face up is making Elly and Luna look even more alike.