1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

[Domuya] The Long Awaited Flexi 2 Body is Here!

Sep 4, 2009

1. Dear All,
      First of all, we would like to apologize to all previous owners whom have participated in our 2008 Faith Xmas Promotion. Domuya has constantly been receiving emails on when our Flexi 2 Body will be released since Jan 2009 till date. Each of this email brings us motivation and encouragement but at the same time; with each of this email received, the more we want to better and better our body, so that doll owners will be happy with their adoption and we would not disappoint. Hence, this boils down to our 10 months of refine and re-define in presenting our Flexi 2 body before you.

Of course, those who know Domuya. Domuya usually don't just bring one happiness. Domuya brings a basket of happiness! So in view of this, Domuya is celebrating her 6th Birthday first time in the community! With the new Flexi 2 body and the new faceplate system, how can be miss out on our Domuya celebrities - Fin and her sister Faith?! Not only Fin and Faith has agreed to attend the birthday party, they have also agreed to stay till the 30th September 2009. This time round, they are on the new faceplate system!

For those who have participated in the Faith Xmas Promotion 2008, you should have received your 50% promotional code in your mailbox. For those who missed the Faith Xmas Promotion 2008, its never too late! Make your order now till 30th September and you will still get to enjoy 30% off by using the Promotion Code found at our webstore frontpage.

Don't miss this time round's promotion again because those who have participate in Domuya 6th Birthday Celebration, will be getting another 50% off Promotional Code for our Flexi 2 Male doll when it is ready to be release!

For more information about our Domuya 6th Birthday Celebration, our Promotion details and to understand more about our Flexi 2 Body's articulation, functionality and beauty, please visit
      http://domuya.net/promotio/Domuya_2009_Celebration_and_Flexi_2/

[​IMG]

Hesitate no more and place your order today. Please visit www.domuya.net for more details and please feel free to write to us if you have any enquiries.

2. How different is this body from the perennials'?

3. qiaobian: Thanks for pointing this out! Yes, it is 60cm. The measurement on the introductory page is correct. The one in the product description is wrong. Its for Perennial. We will change it shortly. Thanks for highlighting it to us.

myalice: Perennial body is more of a "model" like figure. It is very realistic, slender and tall (from 64cm to 68cm). Whereas, Flexi 2 body is more of a natural sculpt. It focuses more on posseability, bringing in new ideas and articulations that are not found on other BJDs and thus the posseability will be greater than Perennial also.

At the end of the day, it all boils down to individual preference. Whether if one likes a larger doll and prefers a model figure or one prefers the standard 60cm body. But with Flexi 2, we are trying to increase the playing experiences of the doll lovers for those whom has always like the 60cm doll category. Flexi 2 works on improving the existing 60cm dolls articulation in the market and of course, improved articulation, functionality and beauty as compared to our previous Flexi 1 Body.

4. I can't get to www.domuya.net , I'm using FireFox. Is it a problem with my browser or is it the site address?

5. I am using Firefox and I have no problem viewing their page.
      Maybe you can try IE..;)

6. Looks like it works now for me too, must have been a temporary thing. Thanks!

7. Will any more picture of the sculpt be forthcoming? I'd really like to see it from behind, as well-- it looks like it's a lovely sculpt, I'd love to have a better idea of the shape of it.

8. Hi Dear all once again,
      I hope those who have purchased Flexi 2 Body and/or Flexi 2 Special Fin & Faith had an ease of mind that you have ordered your doll and its all about waiting happily now! Domuya is very confident that you'll enjoy your new Flexi 2 Playing Experience! :D

And in these 2 days, we have gotten lots of email. Hence, please give us longer time to get back to you. However, if you have not gotten a reply within 48 hours, please do send your email once more just in case, your email has been overlooked or lost or filter into Junk mail etc. Hiccups do happen sometimes.

And to answer some of the most frequently asked questions we have received in these 2 days, here they are directly copy and paste over from Domuya.net frontpage:

Updated: 6th Sept 2009

Special Notice 1: We have realized that during the past 2 days, Domuya.net had been less responsive. This is due to a sudden high traffic on our site (3600% more traffic). We apologize for the unpleasant browsing experiences. We will try to tweak the hardware a bit, but at the meantime, please come back again if you happened to hit the "peak period"

Special Notice 2: Some very quick facts on Flexi 2 body. (We will soon merge this part into our main FAQ).

1. Flexi 2 body CAN put on any of our Legacy head (Legacy head refer to any D1 60, D1 70 head Domuya released till date) with close to 100% compatibility, Legacy head sits perfectly on our newly added ball joint on the neck. Movement and proportion of Legacy head on D1 Flexi 2 body is not an issue at all. When we design D1 Flexi 2, backwards compatibility is always on our priority list, Domuya wanted to protect your previous investment as much as possible. As for compatibility of D1 Flexi 2 and other company's head, we DOT NOT guarantee, but we do not foresee any problem as they are all similar with D1 Legacy head.

2. In FAQ, when we quote
      "We have not decided if we will port over any of our legacy head, if you would like to see any of our legacy head on the new "Face Plate System", please let us know. If we have enough demand, we will definitely do it."

"Port over" refers to converting Legacy head TOTALLY into our new Face Plate system head, not just adjusting it (Legacy heads are already 100% compatible with Flexi 2). It also means that Legacy head will be available as a separate, new face plate, just like our new "Fin" and "Faith", ready to easily snap on to the base of our new face plate system. We hope we had clear this matter up :-)

3. About TOOL-LESS play experiences
      YES, you heard it right, with D1 Flexi 2, you will absolutely required ZERO tool with playing with your doll. No more head puller, no more pliers, no more clips in your doll's bag. You can customize your doll with different face, eyes, hands, feets, heels within seconds without any aid of tools. Tools are only required during quarterly to bi-annually maintenance like changing of elastic band, depending on your play style.

Regarding Shipping:
      Our 1st week of fulfillment quota for this promotion starting from 30th September has already been all taken up. Thank you all for the great participation. The next delivery scheduled will commence on 10th October 2009.

However, this does not affect orders for other dolls or items. Delivery will be as usual. This is only the delivery schedule for Flexi 2 related products.

For a quick overview:
      After a 50% Promotional Coupon: Flexi 2 body can be purchase ONLY at USD$199
      After the current 30% Off promotional Code: Flexi 2 can be purchase ONLY at USD$279

After 50% Promotional Coupon: Flexi 2 Special Edition Fin/Faith can be purchase ONLY at USD$345.
      After the current 30% Off Promotional code: Flexi 2 Special Edition Fin/Faith can be purchase ONLY at USD$483

Please do not miss your chance to grab these special dolls at these SPECIAL prices. GRAB them early to prevent longer waiting period!

Note:
      (1) Fin and Faith has been restocked again for today. Please note that they are while stock last. Either 200 pieces in total for these 2 sisters or the end date of promotion 30th September 2009, whichever come first.

(2) After the current promotion or those who are holding the 50% off promotional code from the purchase of "Faith Xmas Promotion in 2008" has expired on the 31st October, these lovely, special and innovative Flexi 2 body will be back to its original price.

(3) Lastly, don't forget that for everyone who has purchase either the Flexi 2 Female Body or the Flexi 2 Special Fin/Faith, you're entitled to a 50% off promotional code when our Flexi 2 Male body is released!

9. Are you going to show any pictures of the New Flexi 2 body with the Face-plates on them?
      Also I bought Faith last Christmas, but my code never came in my email, is there any way to
      get my code number now?

10. Website is not working for me, and I'm using Firefox too...

11. Any views of the back of the body?

12. Will this body be able to wear Perennial clothing? Or will it be to long for them?
      Also will old D1 heads fit proper on this body?

I can't wait to get this new body, iether My Perenial Fin, or my D1 girl will get this new lovely body.
      And please make Flexi 2 boy body just as beautyful!
      :)

13. I can't get there either, not on IE or Firefox :(

14. Ahh! That's beautiful! I just caught my wallet trying to sneak away...it knows what's coming.

Although, for the price, I wish they had more pics of what the body can do poseability-wise. I'm looking at the new male body and the pictures don't show a lot of movement.

Does anyone know where I could find more?

Double posting sort, sorry...BUT

I'm looking at their other bodies and you know what I see? Toe joints. I see toe joints! And they make me all kinds of excited. :D

Are they on the new body too?

15. When the body boy ?

16. Yes they are on this new body too.

17. DBZVelena: Well, as you might know, Domuya makes perfect fitting outfits. Flexi body is able to wear Perennial outfits but you won't be able to get perfect fitting. Some places might be abit lose etc. We have the doll measurement up on the Flexi 2 mini-site as well as on the product listing page. Maybe the measurements can give u a clearer picture? Cos' I believe if you're talking abt dress and pants, there're difference too.

fiathriel: I'm sorry. There should be no problem accessing our site using IE/Safari/Firefox. But our site is indeed unstable these few days due to the traffic. We seek kind patience for everyone to keep trying and thank you inadvance for your kind understanding. And also, since the promo ends on 30th Sept, we hope that everyone can place their orders early and traffic can be spread out to prevent sudden high influx on the last few days and caused jammed to the website and people might miss the promotion in just minutes.

circe-nausicca: I am sorry but I do have the feeling that you're looking at the wrong body. Our latest body is the Flexi 2 Female body. We have not yet release our male body.

There're some different poses found on Domuya's interview with Haute Doll Magazine in the current (Sept/Oct) issue. Please do grab your copy today! We have done an interview with them while the Female Flexi 2 body is still in work-in-progress. Interesting pictures n interview!

We have further improvise our toe-joint part and make a magentic toe joint for Flexi 2 body. The advantage of this is that now customers can changes toes (from shoes to slippers), flat feet to high heel feet or even sculpted heels like Flexi Perennial, can all be changed through this plug n play magnetic toes! Just how convenient n cool can this be for doll players right?! :fangirl: