1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Male Saiph Discussion Thread

Jul 15, 2009

1. Well, I've never opened one of these before, but the new male Saiph's really really cute! :D

[​IMG]

Soom's Link

News Link

2. *sqwees!* I can't handle the cuteness of him.. my gods... this is really bad for me too :/ because that's another boy on my wishlist :lol:

3. I wouldn't have thought Saiph would work as a boy, but he's cute. I wish he were on a Super Gem body though; I think the head's a bit too small for the Mecha Angel body.

4. Me too. We should round up all the folk that wanted Sabik on a Super Gem and petition Soom. :)

Boy Saiph is soooo pretty but I just can't do 80cm. I'll just have to love him from afar :D

5. I love him! Saiph is a beautiful girl, and such a handsome boy! Although, I agree with Kogepan, a Super Gem body would be much better. That dosen't take him off my wishlist though! lol

6. I would agree with Kogepan. I also wish that it wasn't just cream skin option! I have plans to buy a soom saiph but I would prefer natural skin colour boy type... :(

7. Oh gosh, as if I didn't love Saiph enough before. D:
      They just HAD to shove a super cute boy Saiph in my face, didn't they?
      But, I think boy!Saiph would look better with a less gentle looking faceup.
      It makes him seem too girly, in my opinion, and I think he'd look great with a more brooding look (but maybe that's just due to the fact that I love darker characters).

I just don't know if I could get used to the MA size. Since I'm so short, it'd just be kinda strange to have a doll that's nearly my size around the house. But I would totally be all over that if they made a SG sized Saiph. Rex too, because he's way sexy.

Also, this is very strange, because I made a post on my blog JUST the other day about how I thought Saiph would be a cute boy.

8. Wow, he is handsome. I had looked on Soom so many times and never got to see anyone on the for 5 days actually for sale. Now I can say I have. I hope someone gets him. I would love to see a custom faceup on this boy.

9. Saiph is such a big head, huge face & broad features, he'd look like a bobblehead on a Supergem bod.

I love him as a boy too! Was wondering if they'd ever genderbend Saiph to boost sales (seemed to work for Vega^^). He looks great. As a woman, this face looks so mature; as a tall gangly boy it looks twice as young. So cute.

10. ... I want him so badly. ;o; They had better keep him around for more than one sale, since it'll take me time to mortgage my soul to get him...

11. I have a friend who really wants a Vega as a boy. I know they did him as a monthly doll-did they ever offer Vega as a male during the FFD? Personally, I think the head is too masculine to be a good woman.

12. Aw, drat. There goes another $700 down the dollfie drain. I wonder if I can set up direct deposit with SOOM? :doh

Seriously, he's gorgeous. I kind of agree about the head being a little ungainly on such a big body, but still... I'd love to see him with a darker face-up, wild eyes, maybe a birth mark above the lip. Mmmm... :aheartbea

13. Wow, we have a female Saiph in the house, and it's just...difficult...picturing him as a boy for some reason, LOL! The faceup would help if it were a little more rough 'n' tumble. ;)

Fabulous head though, I really do love the sculpt. I'm still getting used to the 80cm, I admit, initially I was thinking we would downsize to a 70 body (I agree a SuperGem girl would probably be too disproportionate for the head), but for now, I'm kinda loving on the MA body more than I'd expected. She is a dominant force in the household! :)

.hlp

14. Such a beautiful boy! I noticed on one of the pictures that they quoted the Irish Blessing. Such a tender poem works for him. :)

And I agree on the point of his head looking to be too small for the body. It just does rest at the very top of the neck. Whoospies on Soom's part? :sweat

15. would this head fit on an EID body? :O And by "fit" I of course mean "look natural" ^^;;;

16. Aw Soom I want all new Mechas!

*looks at incoming list*

Maybe I don't. :doh

He's cute, but I'm just not crazy about the lips on the Saiph mold.

17. OMG... Why!!! I just got Saiph-girl for one of my characters!!!
      Problem is -- ARGH!!! -- her character has a twin brother.
      NOOO!!!
      :...(

Must

re-

sist!

18. Wow, Saiph looks really lovely as a male.
      Not lovely enough for my wallet yet though...

19. He looks so cute!

20. Wait, so, look. Some of the other FFD dolls are restocked now, as well. Does that mean that if I can't order this boy this month, I can order him again next month? He's got a gorgeous face!