1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Elfdoll NEW BODY? Does anyone know about this?

Jun 18, 2009

1. I just read on Denver Dolls that Sooah is unavailable to order because a "new body sculpt" is coming!!!!
      I haven't heard anything. Does anyone know anything about this?
      I'm still looking for an "old body sculpt" Sooah, so I'm hoping the "new body" will be the original "old body"! :lol:

Just wishful thinking;)
      Any info aprreciated:)
      Mary

2. I just inquired to Ms. Cholong about when the regular release version of Vivien might be coming out and she too mentioned a "new body sculpt." Apparently coming this fall (but I didn't ask about the body specifically, so you might want to check in about that).

3. Ohhh! Great thanks:)

4. So all of the current models are out of stock for now? What about in the store? I'm headed to L.A. in a few weeks and was thinking of stopping by the store there. Is this going to end in fail?

5. From what I understand....whenever the current stock of dolls in the stores runs out and those already in the pipeline come in....there will be no new orders taken until the newest SD body sculpt is done....around the fall. I asked about the limited light tan Ruru and was told she will have the current body sculpt.

6. Yum. I can't wait to see the new body.

I really like the bodies they already have, I hope these new ones are even better!

7. Anxiously waiting for the new sculpt! Anyone know anything about what the special announcement from Elfdoll coming this week is? Boy, that sentence is awful.... Anyway DDE says there is something special coming from Elfdoll this week.....

8. I hope the "new body" is more like the "old body" and not like the special non torso joint one on Bambu. I really like the Elfdoll face sculpts especially Sooah and Lydia, but I don't like the current body. I am not sure I would like a non jointed torso. :| I can see why they went that way for Bambu, it looks good with her outfit. :)

9. it will be a DDE store special is all I know. Theye are still waiting on final photos from Elfdoll

the "new" body shown on Bambu appears to be a variation of the previous/current body. Some places it says it's a solid torso, other places Ms Cholong posted that it was the same. The one thing that is different for sure is the hands (and possible feet?) being magnetic

10. OK, tired of waiting for yet another sculpt..... Found a RuRu 21 with wig and went for it!!!!! Whoopo, whoop!!!! Hopefully she'll be Minnesota bound in Septemeber!!!!!:)

11. Do the old bodies also have the magnetically attached hands or is that new too?

12. The new bodies coming this fall willl be the first SD-size Elfdoll bodies to come with magnetic hands.

13. Except for Bambu, who has the current (second type) body system, but with a one-piece torso and magnetic hands.

14. Oh, a new new body??? Cool! I just may be tempted to swap out my girl's current "new" body...

15. Having just gotten a girl with the "current-new" body (multipart torso), I just wish they would work on the legs. I was shocked at how less stable the knees were than the previous body. Ok, slim the legs down if you want (although I adore my Soah and Lydia for their ample, sturdy calves and thighs), but the knee joint "ball" is smaller than the older one, there are no side stoppers at all and the legs bow out and in far too easy for stable standing. That knock-kneed pic of Bambu isn't just a clever pose, but how the legs tend to go! I'm going to have to securely wire the knees or never trust this girl to stand alone for an instant!

I hope the feet aren't magnetic as well -- can you imagine a doll starting to fall and popping right off her feet?

16. I really wish they would sell their bodies separately. I disliked the old Soah body and sold it, but would love to have a new Elfdoll body for my doll.

17. hobbywhelmed: In perfect agreement. The new knees are just stupid. I don't have an old body to compare to, but even compared to all my other dolls, my girl's knees are ridiculous. I cannot pose her standing without a whole lot of #*^@&*.

18. Don't know if this will help, but the limited edition Elfdoll - Hyacinth (Vivian) that Denver Dolls had has is the new Rainy girl body with the magnetic hands. Don't know if those hands will be acceptable, but at least I can take off the hands when dressing the doll.

19. Looking forward to the new body too. I wasn't crazy about the thigh pie on the first body and the granny-panty effect and strange bust on the second were not an improvement in my opinion. Ya know, the third time's a charm...

I've been thinking about this and I'm wondering. Now this is just speculation here--have you seen Yaoyue's body in this post? http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283363

[​IMG]

She matches Elfdoll resin and very much has the feel of a Rainy girl. In this for sale post here http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320222 there was a congratulatory comment made by Rainman, which was lost or deleted when the post was moved to the News section. Hmm...and don't those fist hands look familiar?

This is a great looking body; for me it is perfect. So I just wonder about the connection between Rainman and Oasis Doll. Hum de dum. I love Yaoyue for her own sake, but geez, if this had been the second version Elfdoll body all along, I'm sure I would have ordered Viven and replaced my Sooah.

I guess we'll find out soon enough ;)