1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Rosette Doll Feedback (2009)

Mar 19, 2009

1. ROSETTE DOLL
      Official Rosette Website

Please answer the following questions about your 2009 purchase from Rosette Doll. Feel free to provide more information--detail is always helpful!

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again?
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?

2. * What did you order?
      [LE] Spring Term - Violet
      * When did you order?
      December 17, 2008
      Rosette always responded to my email inquiries.
      I paid via credit card, and had a bit of trouble using their software because my computer is old and uncooperative.
      March 13, 2009
      Overall, it was just less than 3 months, although the stated time on the website was 2 months.
      Yes. I am more than satisfied with my purchase.
      Yes--almost identical. The only difference I've noted is body blushing, which my doll does not have.
      Extremely.
      Yes, I definitely would.
      Possibly--it depends on the seller.

I placed an order with Rosette Doll right after they first opened up their shop. Because I ordered during their Christmas promotional period, I received a second set of hands and a school uniform with my limited edition doll.

The wait for the package was very long. After two months had passed, I contacted Rosette Doll to ask about shipping. They responded to my email promptly and explained there was a manufacturing delay, stating a date of March 20 for shipping. My doll was sent out on March 13 and arrived on March 17, 2009.

The doll was packaged very well, in these very strange bubble-tube-sheets, in a decorated cardboard box inside of a shipping box. She was shipped unclothed and wig-less, but with her eyes already in place. All of her accessories and clothing were in separate packages sealed with a gold foil sticker.

Additionally, I also received a screen-cleaner cell-phone charm with Violet's image on it and a small notebook with pictures of all Rosette Doll girls. The school theme is maintained very well--she came with a student passbook to be filled out, a trilingual manual under the guise of a school policy book, and an acceptance letter in an envelope sealed with wax! The Rosette School of Dolls crest is on almost everything.

During the wait, I contacted Rosette numerous times with questions, and they always responded promptly when I messaged the company via email. However, they do not appear to respond to inquiries from their website's form.

Rosette Doll is a confirmed subsidiary of SOOM.

3. * What did you order?
      Camellia student version (the standard version)
      * When did you order?
      December 20, 2008
      Good, via E-mail. I never wrote on the site board.
      Very easy with Paypal.
      Almost 3 full months. It looks there was a problem with the first batch.
      Yes I think. The doll quality is really good.
      Identical I could say.
      Yes I am (I wish I have ordered a LE as they are so sweet...)
      --
      Yes probably
      Depends on the seller and the doll conditions.

I could say the Rosette website is a bit "difficult" to be browsed. Only my Explorer can open it, Firefox and Safari can't. This is the only problem I have had with the site.
      Here there are all the items arrived with her.

4. Please answer the following questions about your 2009 purchase from Rosette Doll. Feel free to provide more information--detail is always helpful!

* What did you order?
      A fullset Marguerite
      * When did you order?
      31st December 2008
      Problematic at first but now there's a Q&A forum, should be ok.
      Paying was easy, but they kept messing up my account totals which was a little worrying
      17th April 2008 - I took a layaway and it shipped less than two weeks after I paid her off, but I'm guestimating that even if I hadn't used layaway it would have taken approximately the same time as the people who paid her off at once got her only a couple of weeks earlier than I did.
      The dolls is lovely, but I noticed a gouge across her pelvic piece near where it joined her stomach, unfortunately I only saw it when I was removing her seams so it was too late to do anything about it. The face-up is lovely and her outfit is gorgeous. Definitely worth the money, but the basic version is school uniform is lovely as well. I got a free school uniform with my doll as part of the initial start up offer.
      Eventually yes.
      There was a mix up and even before I'd paid off my doll, the company sent me someone else's doll which I then had to send back.
      They refunded the postage for sending the doll back.
      Already have
      If you don't like long waiting times, this would be the preferred way to go, but there aren't a lot on the market. I'd say there are some start-up teething problems and as they're associated with Soom, who appear to be overwhelmed due to the MDs, there are some lengthy delays with the dolls. Other than that, they're extremely lovely dolls that are well made, beautifully sculpted and incredibly pretty in person. The old-fashioned outfits are very well done also.

Overall, I had a few problems contacting them to resolve issues but when I got through, they were very helpful. The new Q&A board should solve that problem but as I haven't needed to use it, can't comment on it. The fact that they sent the wrong doll to me was a little alarming (unless of course you're dishonest in which case it would have been thank you!) Now that the doll is here, she's gorgeous and it's all worthwhile, but the incredibly long waiting time for a brand new company isn't overly wonderful but understandable when you know they're linked to Soom. I'd recommend anyone looking at buying these dolls to get the layaway and use the time waiting to pay them off. It's less stressful than wondering when they'll finally appear. They are well worth the wait and the money though, they are incredibly beautiful dolls.

5. * What did you order?
      Spring Term Fir

* When did you order?
      February 5th, 2009

Once the Q&A board was added to the website, getting a reply was easy. Getting an answer to why she was taking so long was more difficult.

I seem to recall a Paypal glitch. I know I had one order, then cancelled it and placed the order again. It's been so long, I don't recall details.

Almost FIVE months. I kept being told it was a "manufacturing delay." Finally, I got them to tell me the factory kept sending heads other than Fir's, and that the ones they did receive were not up to par. If they'd told me that right away, I would have been more satisfied with waiting. But she did ship a week before the last ship estimation they gave me and they included a free wig to make up for the wait. And she arrived a mere two days after shipment!

Yes, absolutely!

Mostly. The biggest difference is the lace on the skirt. It can't do what it's pictured doing.

Yes, very.

I had said no before, but the doll is such a high quality piece that I absolutely would.

Yes

6. * What did you order?
      Rosette doll Summer Fir limited

* When did you order?
      8/22/o9

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      Direct

very poor, they did not take time to comprehend simple requests, went through a website upgrade during my order that caused havoc, lost my account, could not understand when I kept telling them to log in, simply answering to check my order status on "mypage" for which of course I would have had to log in.

very easy

three months, the shipping time frame quoted on the sale page is one month

the quality of the doll and accoutrement is excellent

yes, exactly like the sale pictures

I love her completely.

Eventually but I still feel that they did not listen to my original concerns, I had to contact them five times about the one issue. I can understand that they had technical difficulties, but the solutions they gave made NO sense given the concern I had, Basically I feel like they were just not paying any attention.

Honestly, I think I will not be, partly because I only want one of their dolls, partly because of the poor customer service.

Possibly but unlikely as I only want the one doll from them

7. * What did you order?
      Spring Term Camellia

* When did you order?
      I did layaway and my final payment was made August 28th.

It was quick on the Q&A board until the website change. I was left hanging for 6 days while while they were messing about with that. My doll also shipped with no shipping notice emailed to me. I just happened to see it on the site.

Very. Layaway ROCKS.

My girl shipped out on October 27th, just shy of 2 months after I paid in full. Perfectly acceptable and WAY better than five months.

ABSOLUTELY.

Mostly. She is missing her blue hair ribbons though. I only just noticed that. Eh, ribbons are easy enough to buy.

100%!

Not a problem.

I'm in the middle of another layaway.

YES.

8. * What did you order?
      Violet Student Edition

* When did you order?
      4th Oktober

Very good! They answered my questions almost immediately and helped me as good as they were able to.

I was a little confused, but in the end it was easy.
      I paid using paypal. This was my first time ordering a doll.

Only 25 days! I was positively surprised!

She's even more worth than what I payed for. Really, their dolls are just wonderful.

Absolutely! Even better, I would say.

I'm very statisfied-

-

I sure will, if they bring out another doll or clothing that catches my interest. =D

Depends on the seller. ^^ I'm currently searching for the valentine uniform.

9. * What did you order?
      Rosette School of Doll Michaelmas Term Sakura

* When did you order?

December 21, 2009

Very good.

CC

11 days including ordering date. It was very quick, if it weren't holiday season, it would ship even faster.

Yes, very appropriate.

Yes

Very satisfied except for the letter part. Rosette dolls comes w/ those letters, mine came blank.

They immediately sent me another one, this time it has something printed on it. They even gave me a notepad.

Absolutely, i'm already saving up for another.

It depends on the condition and the components.