1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Castleanne/Castle Anne Feedback (ALL)

Feb 19, 2009

1. Castleanne/Castle Anne Feedback 2009

Write about your experience with this company and their products!

Please consider answering the following questions about your experience. If there is additional information that you would like to add, please feel free!

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again?
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?

2. * What did you order?
      Limited Tanned Junior Anne - Cocoa Pink

* When did you order?
      January 30th, 2009

Really good. I had emailed them ages ago asking when they would release a tanned version of Anne and that I was interested in purchasing one. They emailed me back in January letting me know that they would be releasing a few of them in January. They generally got back to me a day or so after sending out an email, and they were great about answering questions.

Easy. Paid by Paypal.

They actually tried to ship the following week. I had forgotten to give them my postal code, so the shipment was delayed by a few days, but it was super-quick.

Yes. Very happy with my girl.

I'd say she looks a lot better in person than in the official pictures. The official pictures aren't that great, in my opinion. :sweat

Yes. She has a few airbubbles on one of her hands, and her seams are quite noticeable, but they don't really bother me.

N/A

Yes. They were great to work with. :D

Yes, I would.

3. * What did you order?
      Junior Hwa-Rang tan

* When did you order?
      November 11, 2011

Yes, company....

They are great and respond quickly.

PayPal.......super easy

They shipped out 3 days later......super fast

I love the resin, the colour of it and the parting lines are very minimal to not seen. the faceup is
      amazing. So, yes.

I think he looks even better in RL.

Yes, very much so.

Already have ordered again.

Yes, if the previous owner took good care of the item, and none of the "Usual" modifications.

4. I ordered a second Tan Hwa-Rang boy. These people are really nice and they ship quickly. He was packed as the first one was, and he arrived in beautiful condition.

5. * What did you order?
      Zin Head

* When did you order?
      December 2011

Direct from CA

Fine, up to a point, see below

Used paypal, very easy but shipping isn't included in the price until later so you either have to pay for the item then the shipping later or wait a long time before they give you the shipping cost.

Not long, about 2-3 weeks I think.

No there were several problems with the head that no doubt would come under various "manufacturing" problems that you have to fix yourself.

Facially yes but the item wasn't shown with head cap, which is mis-shapen and the ears are not finished but you can't see that in the photo's.

No, luckily I'm modding the head any way but I couldn't have used it the way it was without a lot of work if I'd wanted to keep it the way it was.

I know the company would tell me that the weird head cap will be covered by a wig, which is true and as I'm modding the ears any way I don't see the point in me personally complaining about them but I would like other people to know that there's a possibility that the ears might not be finished.

I love their sculpts and I would like some more but I'm reluctant to buy from them again because of the problems I had. See below.

I have no problem with buying any doll second hand, in this case it might actually be easier to do so.

My own personal problems: There's no place for a zip code on the CA order form, they asked me to send it to them with the payment. I sent it with payment for the head, then again later with payment for shipping (they do it all separately which was odd but not a problem) I sent it a third time just to make sure they knew the postcode (zip code) was necessary. Despite this they didn't add the post code and although the head went through customs very quickly I got charged by the post office because they had to find out where my address was exactly and add the post code themselves which cost me a further £30. (The head with shipping was only £70 so that rounded the entire cost up to £100). The head cap, which isn't shown on the website, is shaped differently to the head. Luckily I'm not making a bald doll but if I were I'd have to mod the head cap which is long and thin, despite the head being round. A wig will cover it but it's still very odd. The ears weren't finished, they're extremely lumpy but for me that's not a problem as this particular doll is getting modded ears but I don't think it's a good mark of their quality if the ears come like that. If I had to keep the ears that way they'd need some very fine sanding with a tiny tool or dremel attachment. I'm hoping that this problem was a one off mistake by CA and that any further dolls that I might order will be better. I've added my zip code to part of the address on their site now but it's n the wrong place as there's no other place to put it but at least it's there and hopefully that will avoid any further charges.

6. * What did you order? Laurent head
      * When did you order? Uhh... September 2011? I just never wrote feedback.
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Direct
      * How was the communication? Good
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy - Paypal
      * How long did it take to ship? 10 days, I think?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? I suppose
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Mostly. The headcap was much whiter than the faceplate, which leads me to believe that they are from two different dolls or the faceplate yellowed a little in storage.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? Didn't contact company because it's not that important
      * Would you order from this company again? Maybe, if there's another doll I like
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? As long as all flaws (if there are any) are mentioned in the thread, yes