1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

VERY HORRIBLY Bad Experience with Elfdoll :(

Dec 30, 2008

1. I am sad to report that I have had a very bad experience with Elfdoll. In September 2008 I ordered a 5th Ed. Alice Cherry Blossom. She arrived in late October with a broken ear. I posted to the Elfdoll Hospital and received a quick response:

Dear sarahpanda,
      Please send your head to ELFDOLL USA,
      (address removed)
      and we\'ll send you the head as soon as we confirm your current head.
      Please give us tracking code as soon as you send current head.

Best regards,

Oka

I mailed the head on November 7th and sent Oka the tracking number. When I didn't hear anything else and didn't receive the head, I messaged the Elfdoll Hospital again on November 11th. I received this reply:

Dear sarahpanda,

Hope you received your head.
      We've shipped our your head a few days ago.

If you still don't get it, please let me know.

Regards,
      Oka

When the head still had not arrived by December, I messaged the Hospital board several times (on the 4th, the 10th and the 18th) and was ignored.

Finally on the 21st I started a new thread on the Hospital Board titled "Why are you ignoring me?!" which did not get a response. I posted to this same thread again on the 24th. At last, I got a response:

Dear sarahpanda,

We're very sorry we're disappointing you.
      But we're still searching for the head you have sent
      and the new head is already ready and waiting for to find the old head.

Please give me a few more days.

Thank you very much for your patience.

Regards,
      Oka

According to Oka's previous email, THE HEAD WAS ALREADY MAILED, but now she says she's still looking for the old one?! I am furious now, and my last message on the elfdoll hospital I threatened her with legal action. I have never been LIED TO by a company before, and I am so upset that I was up last night just thinking about how angry I am. I wish now that I had just glued the ear tip back on instead of trying to get them to send me a new head, which incidentally they OFFERED to do. After four months I still don't have a proper ACB (only one with the stupid winking head) and there is zero sign that my situation might be rectified. I can't even enjoy my Alice because looking at her just makes me feel disappointed and angry.

I will never order from Elfdoll again. In fact, I will NEVER EVER order another Elfdoll product. I will continue pestering Oka on the Elfdoll Hospital site. I have also put in a phonecall to Elfdoll USA, but who knows whether they will return my message.

In conclusion, buyer beware Elfdoll.

****************************************************************************
      UPDATE (12/31/08): Ms. Cholong returned my call yesterday. She was very kind and apologized for the misunderstanding. Apparently when she shipped the head from California to Korea, it was lost in the post, but that has nothing to do with me, so she is going to tell Elfdoll Korea to send me the new head right away. I will update again if I receive the head.

2. I'm sorry this has happened to you :( Did you send it with delivery confirmation, and did you ever check the number? They say they're still looking for the head you sent. If you can verify that it was delivered via the PO site, maybe you should message them again and explain your confusion as to why they have misplaced the head. It definitely sounds like their fault, unless the broken head was somehow lost in the mail. That doesn't make up for the fact that they lied about mailing the head out earlier, that's very weird that they would do that. Maybe the person responding to your first post had you mixed up with another customer?

3. UPDATE (12/31/08): Ms. Cholong returned my call yesterday. She was very kind and apologized for the misunderstanding. Apparently when she shipped the head from California to Korea, it was lost in the post, but that has nothing to do with me, so she is going to tell Elfdoll Korea to send me the new head right away. I will update again if I receive the head.