1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Latidoll Feedback (2009)

Dec 17, 2008

1. Latidoll Feedback

Write about your experience with this company and their products!

Please consider answering the following questions about your experience. If there is additional information that you would like to add, please feel free!

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again?
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?​

2. * What did you order? Prayer of Angel Grown-up Pury w/ all options, Basic CoCo w/ make-up, and a dress set.
      * When did you order? Ordered and paid on December 14, 2008 and they confirmed my payment on Dec 16th.
      * How was the communication? They confirmed my payment and let me know when it shipped.
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy, I paid through paypal.
      * How long did it take to ship? Almost three months. I received them on March 11, 2009.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Definitely not for my Pury. The lips on the face-ups for both her awake and sleeping head were sloppily done and her wings were broken upon arrival. My CoCo was worth the price though, her face-up was much better and of course, she was about half the price.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Everything except the face-ups.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Pury = no, CoCo = yes.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? I didn't address the face-up issue with them and sent them off to be repainted instead. When I contacted them about the broken wings, they had me take a photo and then send the wings in. Over ONE MONTH later, I received the broken wings back today, and they are the same broken wings, and all Lati did was glue the piece back on. What's more, the wings are broken in a NEW place, where they were not broken before!!
      * Would you order from this company again? Not even if they were the last doll company on earth.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? That's the only way I would buy their products, but at this point I am severely turned-off by the idea of owning more Latis.

I have emailed them asking for either an unbroken set of wings or a refund on the cost of them. As well as a refund on the cost of shipping the wings to them, which I never received. I will update this if they respond favorably, but I'm not holding my breath.

edit 4/22: Lati told me they will send me a new pair of wings--I will update this when/if I get them!

3. What did you order?
      Prayer of Angel Pury and Laches (Yellow size limited from Christmas '08)

When did you order?
      On december 29th, 2008.

Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      Directly from the company.

How was the communication?
      Nothing to say, the transaction went smoothly so I never had to contact them.

How easy was it to pay?
      The whole process is automated to send you to Paypal, no sweat.

How long did it take to ship?
      A little over 2 months.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      I'm perfectly happy with the dolls I received, they are more detailed than some much larger dolls I've owned.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Definitely.

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Ditto.

Would you order from this company again?
      Yes, I already have several times in the past, and probably will again, if they make a doll I like.

Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      No, but that's only because I don't like second hand dolls as a whole!

4. * What did you order?
      Lati Yellow Lumi & Byurl basic

* When did you order?
      March 27th, 2009

Direct from company

Great, they answer my questions quickly

Very easy

43 days, i was glad because they kept their promise to me to ship it no longer than 50 days

Yes

Even better!

Yes

Yes I will, but I will head for limited edition

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Yes

5. * What did you order?
      My sister and I ordered yellow line basic miel and basic momo in normal skin (no faceup) and wigs.

* When did you order?
      March 20th 2009 during the limited gloomy garden event.

I asked a question on the Q&A board and it was answered within the week.

I used paypal so it was quite easy.

Around 50 days. They were ordered on March 20th, order is confirmed a week later, and they arrived on May 11th.

Yes. They are a nice color, the details of the body and faces are nice. The packaging is wonderful as well. However, shipping prices are very steep.

Yes, but without makeup -haha. The wigs look like the photos as well.

I was happy with the seamlines on Miel. They were barely noticeable and easy to remove. However, momo arrived with an oversanded gate seam on the ball of his upper arm (it was flattened a bit) and the seams were not as nice. I have since fixed the problem by rounding out the flattened area - but it took a lot of care and effort.

I did not want to wait another 2 months for another arm piece - or worse - have them sand the same piece (poorly) and send it back to me. This has been done to me before by another doll company (very well known and reputable) and caused a lot of heartache. So I did not notify them and it was a problem I could solve myself.

Yes. Their dolls are lovely and worth the wait. I am very happy despite the initial disappointment.

Yes - since the wait time would not be months and shipping not as steep.

NOTE: I had ordered two more wigs from Lati. Though the wigs are listed as in stock, they took around a month to ship after confirmation :sweat.
      If you order from them, expect 1 week for them to confirm it. And a long while to ship items.

6. COMPANY NAME: Latidoll

* What did you order?

Lati Green, Basic Grown Up Version of Coco with basic face-up along with a couple pairs of shoes, a couple wigs and an outfit.

* When did you order?

April 9th, 2009

Professional and timely.

Very easy. I emailed them stating difficulties with purchasing the items I wanted and they created a personal payment window for me.

About two months.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

n/a

Yes.

Maybe, but I would prefer to buy direct from Lati.

7. * What did you order? Paid for my Pury to have her limited face up redone: $70.

* When did you order? 28th April 2009

Direct

* How was the communication? Pretty good.

* How easy was it to pay? Easy (Paypal)

* How long did it take to ship? Too long in my opinion: a month and a half.

Ok, when she first arrived back to me I was very happy with the quality of the face up, and then I realised that they'd painted the wrong one: they'd painted the newer Pury's face up, not the older one I requested. (In the pic my girl is top left, Prayer Pury is top right, bottom two are what I asked for).

[​IMG]

I messaged them and they told me repeatedly they'd done the right face up and I was basically imagining things. After a lot of pushing they finally accepted it wasn't right and I managed to get a points refund to take the cost of the face up down to a basic one ($15: not much but it's the principle!)

Yes because I love Lati's and I know they reach mad prices second hand, so...

Yes, depending on the increased cost.

8. * What did you order?
      Lati Blue Cara ver. basic NS with make-up Premium
      Her album : http://www.flickr.com/photos/34311272@N02/sets/72157612917116788/

* When did you order?
      March 29, 2009

Direclty from the company

Super! I had to contact them through their forum to change my make-up Premium. The result has been impeccable. I am very happy with the result through communication.

Very easy. I paid trough Paypal.

Waiting time for manufacturing has been very long for the restock of the month of March (3 months for my order). From the time that the package was sent by EMS, it was very fast (5 days).​

Perfect! I'm a Latidoll addicted no

Of course!

Of course!

N/A

Yes! I ordered a Lati Yello Lami on June 29, 2009. I'm waiting for.

No! Only directly from the company.

9. * What did you order? lati yellow lumi and lati green lea
      * When did you order? march 2009
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? company
      * How was the communication? very very good
      * How easy was it to pay? very easy
      * How long did it take to ship? about 2 months
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? yes
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? very satisfied
      * Would you order from this company again? yes, I've already did it....
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? yes

10. COMPANY NAME: Latidoll

* What did you order?

Limited Edition Bayer

* When did you order?

June 2009

Timely and helpful.

Very easy - paypal.

It shipped at the beginning of August, so about a month and a half.

Yes, I think so. I also liked that I recieved two outfits and quite like Lati's packaging.

Yes, it did, but... the ears weren't visible in the website photos. When I received my little Bayer her green and yellow ears were unexpected.

Now, I am, yes. But, at first, I was quite surprised (see previous question).

I am now satisfied with the doll, but I am not satisfied with how the doll was presented. So, I emailed Lati to request they post better pictures showing all features of future limiteds so there are no surprises for future releases. They were very receptive to the feedback and thanked me for suggesting it.

Definitely. I plan on ordering at least two, if not three, more dolls to complete my Lati collection.

Probably not. I prefer dealing direct with Lati.

11. * What did you order? -Blue-size Pink rain-dress

* When did you order? -20 September

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? -from the company

* How was the communication? -good, they answered fast to my questions

* How easy was it to pay? -east, with Paypal

* How long did it take to ship? - Too long! 60 days, 54 to prepare and 6 to ship.. and for only one dress..

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? -yes

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? -yes

* Were you satisfied with the product? -yes

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? - I asked lati when they would ship the dress and they said "in the next week". But then it took about 2 weeks. I asked again. Then they finally shipped it...

* Would you order from this company again? -Don't know..

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand? -

12. What did you order?
      Basic Yellow Lami
      Limited HK Unicorn Miel

When did you order?
      April 4th, 2009
      June 30th, 2009

Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      Directly from the company.

How was the communication?
      Seemed pretty good to me - they tend to start answering questions on their Q&A board around 11PM PST.

How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy - I paid with Paypal. When I ordered my HK Miel I choose the wrong payment method and they set up a new private payment page for me the same night I placed my order after I posted on their Q&A board. It took awhile for them to process my payment and confirm my order though. But that might just be because of the event that was going...

How long did it take to ship?
      2 months for Basic Lami.
      4 months for HK Miel @_@

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes, Lati's were my first BJD and I was very happy with the doll I got. The faceups are simply beautiful :)

However I feel that the shipping cost is a bit extreme for such a small doll :(

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Definitely.

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Yes.

Would you order from this company again?
      Yes, I'm waiting for Sheep Miel right now!

Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      I have and would again.

13. * What did you order?
      Flower garden set. Lea(tanned skin)
      * When did you order?
      March 25, 2009
      Directly from the company
      The communication was alright.
      Pretty easy - Paypal
      They shipped on May 30th 2009, so waited for about 2 months.
      A bit pricey..
      Pretty accurate~
      Very satisfied! Though one of her hands were too small to fit the magnet holes, but I managed to modify it. (Was pretty fun~)
      Maybe. Their tinies are really addictive, especially the Lati yellows~
      Maybe~

14. * What did you order?
      -- 1 Lati White wig

* When did you order?
      -- October 09'

-- Directly from the company

-- Tricky, I suppose. Their page doesn't load properly unless you use Internet Explorer, which I discovered the hard way. I couldn't go back and edit my email after registering, and trying to contact them outside of their boards is all but impossible.

-- Fairly easy

-- About a month

-- Yes

-- Yes

-- Yes

-- N/A

-- Meh, probably not. I ended up paying forty-some dollars for a $20 wig. Shipping was crazy expensive for something so tiny, and the box it arrived in was huge.

-- Maybe, as long as it wouldn't be as much of a hassle.