1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Glorydoll Feedback (2009)

Dec 17, 2008

1. Glorydoll Feedback

Write about your experience with this company and their products!

Please consider answering the following questions about your experience. If there is additional information that you would like to add, please feel free!

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again?
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?​

2. * What did you order?
      Doris Special Edition

* When did you order?
      October 15th 2008

Directly from the company

Very slow, they seem to answer questions on their Q&A board only once a week. Care Center is equally slow. Also lots of false promises and false facts (stated they shipped on 12.24. while the real shipping date was 12.31.08) and no tracking no., You have to ask for it

Very easy with Paypal

Nearly three months (arrived 01.08.2009)

Yes

The skin tone isa little more pink in reality, and the face up lighter than on the company pictures.

Around 90% - main issue is that the headcap doesn´t fit very well and easily falls off

No need to contact them.

I would think twice about it.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Yes.

3. * What did you order?
      Lucy head and body

* When did you order?
      August 2008

From GloryDoll

Not great

Easy

Not Long.

No. The arm has a dark line in the resin. I also think the head cap is poorly designed. The feet broke within 5 months. I needed to find bigger screws and re do both feet.

YES

No. The arm has a dark line in the resin. Also the head, hands, and feet do not match the body perfectly. They are growing more apart in color over the months.

They have never written back to me.

No

No

4. * What did you order?
      Louis with his default outfit

* When did you order?
      December 28th

Direct from Glorydoll

Good! Having read previous feedback for them, I didn't expect to get a shipping notice or for them to get back to me quickly if I contacted them. But I DID get a shipping notice, and when I asked for a tracking number on their Q&A they gave me one the next day. And they were really friendly!

Very easy, I used Paypal.

I received it today, February 12th. So about a month and a half.

Yeah! He's really lovely, I like the color and texture of the resin.

Yes :aheartbea

Yes! Like I said, I love the resin. His head is really shiny though, but it'll be fixed with MSC. His body is very matte which is great. I will say the stringing was not the best- each leg has individual elastic, so there was a GIANT knot in his head, which wasn't very tight so when I pulled on the S-hook he came unstrung. XD; I restrung him differently and now he's just perfect. (What a pain to string, though! It was a tight squeeze through the thighs >_>) I guess it's also worth mentioning that the hand/foot design isn't the best, they have teeny eyescrews that will probably come out someday. Oh yeah, and the outfit is really gorgeous and well made!

n/a! I did offer to show Glorydoll how I strung him though, LOL.

Yes

Sure

5. * What did you order?
      Rose Maden #3 Dress

* When did you order?
      January 25, 2009

Directly.

Slow, took about 3 days to get a reply out of them. Had to drop a Q&A and 1:1 customer service mail.

Easy! Paypal. :)

They sent me a delivery notice e-mail on Feb 7th, but I don't think they actually mailed it until a couple of days after.

It's alright. It's quite cute. :)

Yes.

I'm a stickler for fit and they said in their product page that the dress will fit SD girls.. ( SD10 & SD13 , I presume ) but the middle snap is very very tight. It can close but it's overly stretched in the chest area. That is the only problem I have with the dress. It can be big or little depending on the buyer. Though it shows that the company stretches truths. Not a very good sign.

I don't think they can really do anything about it so I need not bother to contact them. I'll just be wary of the fit next time.

Maybe. If they have something completely irresistible, but otherwise I wouldn't anymore.

Again, if I spot something very cute. ^^

6. * What did you order?
      Goth Lucy 3rd Edition

* When did you order?
      December 20th, 2008

Directly from the company.

Pretty good considering I was expecting no communication from what I had read. At first it was once every four days or so via the Q&A, but they did speed up and most of the time I got a reply within two days. I got a shipping notice even though I didn't expect one, though I did have to ask them for a tracking number. Some language barrier issues at the start, but fine after that.

Easy through paypal. I actually did a layaway with them, and had no problems.

I paid the layaway off over two months, and the item was shipped out two weeks after my final payment.

Yes. The resin quality and the scuplt is lovely, and the doll poses rather well. The only issue is that the eyehooks used for the hands are way too big so that her hands do not move at all, and will have to be replaced with something smaller. The outfit that came with her wasn't very good quality, but I honestly wasn't expecting it to be, as in my experience fullset outfits tend to be rather cheaply made. Other than that she's lovely.

Yes.

Definitely

N/A

Sure would! I'm planning on getting a basic Lucy next month! :)

Only if I couldn't get something directly from the company.

7. Since there have been a lot of complaints about Glorydoll's service in the past, I figured I would post my good experience with them. :)

* What did you order?
      Lucy in healthy skin, and Karin in milky skin, neither with faceups.
      * When did you order? The end of March, I want to say the 25th or something?
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Directly from the company.
      * How was the communication? It was good. It takes Glorydoll a little time to answer your questions because they only seem to check their Q&A board once a week, but when they do they're very friendly.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy!
      * How long did it take to ship? Around 5 weeks I think. They both arrived May 11th.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? YES. Very much so. The resin is very nice in my opinion, and their face sculpts are even better in person. The only problem I have is that their hands and feet don't really move much.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yep!
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Oh my God yes! I love both of them!
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A
      * Would you order from this company again? If they came out with another doll I liked, definitely!
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Sure.

8. * What did you order?
      Glordyoll Lucy in healthy skin
      * When did you order?
      May 19, 2009

Directly from the company
      Good. I communicated to them a couple of times through their Q&A board. They would take a couple of days to answer, but they always did. They even thanked me for ordering from them again! :)
      Once again I did a layaway with them through paypal, which had no issues.
      Just over a month from my last payment.
      Definitely.
      Yes
      Most definitely, I love her!
      N/A
      Yep, this is my second purchase from them in the space of six months :D
      Yes

9. * What did you order?
      A blank Karin head in white for my friend (my friend wanted me to do the face up) and two clothing items to myself.

* When did you order?
      In July

From the company

There wasn't any.

Easy. Pay Pal.

I don't remember exactly, but I thought it took quite long.

I feel extremely uncomfortable giving this feedback, but in all honesty I was shocked. The head was strangely deformed, the lower part of the face was kind of "out of place" and too narrow. The head cap didn't fit, and fell off when turning the head up side down. The worst part was that the head looked and felt "used". Not like a new head (have been ordering quite a lot of those lately..), some parts felt like they were sanding using not fine grained sanding paper. It looked like there was small parts of face up material that had been tried removed (done that, so I know how that looks..) in the tear ducts and in between the lips. Inside the head it looked like a sharp tool had been used around the eyes, because the structure was completely different from anywhere else on the head.
      When we compared the head to the pictures of the Karin head on their home page it didn't look like it, or the Lucy head. The angles were very different.
      And it may be their usual way of shipping a head, but the head was just barely wrapped in plastic and put in a big box. All the other heads I've ordered have arrived neatly wrapped and packed in a box clearly intended for that purpose, and almost in every case with a certificate of authenticity or sealed or with a personal greeting.
      It also belongs to the experience that they mixed up with the two clothing items and sent two identical. Well, my friend at least got one for her dolls...
      And last, the head and the clothing items were actually two separate orders. They shipped it all in one, but didn't refund any of the shipping.

As described above

No, couldn't be more dissatisfied.

Due to some unexpected circumstances I couldn't contact them to complain.

No, never.

No

10. * What did you order?
      A HS Glorydoll Miyuki head.

* When did you order?
      August 23 2009

directly

Good. I had a number of questions along the way and they answered me promptly.

Very easy.

She was ready to be shipped on October 2nd, so a little less than a month in working days and due to the holiday she was shipped on October 5th. She made it here in five days. :)

Yes, the resin is very nice and has a good amount of tooth to it. It will be easy to get pastels to adhere to its surface. One of the magnets was glued on crooked and it makes her headcap sit funny, but wigs cover it.

Yes, exactly. She's actually much more cute and petite than I thought she would be.

Definitely.

N/A

Definitely. They were very attentive.

Definitely! Lucy is a really pretty sculpt.

11. * What did you order?
      Basic Karl, healthy skin, with a free make-up.

* When did you order?
      About 18th Aug, paid shortly after.

Directly from Glorydoll.

Um, they only looked on the Q&A board, and never on the 1:1 board. They tended to take time answering, and when I had customs problems, they either didn't understand me (about the declared price etc.) or were reluctant to help.

Easy, through paypal.

Preparations took over a month, a 4-5 days delay I think. The shipping itself took short.

Yes.

Make-up slightly different. I asked them to make it darker, but I guess it turned out lighter than in the photos. And here and there, especially on hands, the resin seems somewhat unfinished, like they planned to sand it slightly, but forgot to. It's not so visible though.

Yes :)

-

Only if there was something I reeeally wanted.

Yes, I think.