1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolkot Feedback (2009)

Dec 17, 2008

1. Dolkot Feedback

Write about your experience with this company and their products!

Please consider answering the following questions about your experience. If there is additional information that you would like to add, please feel free!

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again?
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?​

2. * What did you order?
      SDK Loon Albino Skin

* When did you order?
      07/12/2008

Company

Very prompt and easy communication on the writing board.

Easy with paypal.

26 working days or 1 month and two weeks.

Yes!

Yes! He looks absolutely gorgeous. <3.

Yes, except very a few things like an uneven finger (has some overlying resin) and some parts are smoother to the touch than the others, which imo didn't matter much ^^

-

Definitely!

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Of course!

3. * What did you order?
      Dolkot LE Leaf - Flower of the Flaming Red

* When did you order?

The doll was ordered on December 5th 2008, confirmed on the 15th 2008.

Directly through the company.

Very good, the answered all my questions, and never took longer than 3 or so days to answer.

Easy, used Paypal.

The doll shipped on January 18th 2009, arrived here January 26th 2009.

Definitely. The fact that she's a LE shows through the the amount of details in her face up and clothing.

Exactly alike!

I was very satisfied.

N/A

Totally, if I can save up enough money ^^;

No, but this is because I don't like buying things second-hand and not because of the company itself.

Other Notes:
      I was hesitant to order from Dolkot as I hear some bad things about them, but I was pleasantly surprised. I had no issues with their customer service and found them very helpful, they were accurate in estimating when they would ship my doll, and the doll arrived it good condition. They even tossed in a few freebies. A few things to note, which didn't change my opinion of them, but might effect others.

-I had asked them to make an exception, and mark the proper price on my doll rather than mark it down. Despite saying they would, it seems they forgot to do so. I would had preferred to have the proper price written, in case the doll got lost in shipping, but as it arrived without incident, I can't complain.

-She has a small black mark on the tip of her nose, but this came off easily with a dab of water.

-The magnet on her headcap had fallen out. This was easily fixed with a bit of glue.

4. * What did you order? Dolkot Star Bera in WS, no faceup

* When did you order? Feb. 20 2009

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? From company

* How was the communication? OK-- got emails acknowledging my order, and when she shipped

* How easy was it to pay? Easy-- Paypal

* How long did it take to ship? Fast! She shipped out in about 2 and a half weeks.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes. She poses really well, resin is nice and solid feeling. I would have liked a default wig at the $500+ price point, but oh well. She did come with some very nice glass eyes, not acrylics as it seems most companies are including nowadays. And she came in a handy carrying bag as well.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes-- she's lovely!!

* Were you satisfied with the product? Mostly-- she did arrive with a small chip in her head cap, over where her detachable ears fit in. I have n't contacted the company about it because I really don't want to have to send her head back (I can't be parted with her!) Also, as luck would have it, 2 days after I ordered they lowered their prices...they said they would send me a free gift, but I got nothing.

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? (see above)

* Would you order from this company again? Maybe...

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes

5. * What did you order? Bera Star with Albino Skin without a face up

* When did you order? March 10th, 2009

Directly through the company

* How was the communication? I got e-mails when they received my order and when it was shipped out. They also answered my questions I had about the doll before I had ordered. I thought it was good.

* How easy was it to pay? Easy! I used paypal.

It shipped on April 1st, 2009. So almost a month which is great since it said on the site that it may take up to 30 days to make an albino skin doll.

Amazing quality. I did not mind paying the price I paid since it came with a free doll carrier.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? I thought she was more beautiful in person.

* Were you satisfied with the product? Very satisfied. She is gorgeous.

N/A

* Would you order from this company again? Yes, but I sadly don't see any other dolls I want on their site yet.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes

6. Dolkot Feedback (2009)

* What did you order?
      Dolkot Hand Fairy Peya (not albino skin), with face up and extra eyes and extra wig.

* When did you order? 14.04.2009

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Directly, till DK has none.

* How was the communication? Through their Q&A board. Was quick and easy :)

* How easy was it to pay? Paypal, so very easy!

* How long did it take to ship? Making time was 15 days, instead of 25 :D!
      The shipping time itself via EMS - 3 Days only, but then the package was hold by several customs in Germany so I recieved it in 2 weeks.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? I think so.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? Absolutelly!

* Were you satisfied with the product? Yes, I love my dolly :D

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? Had no problem...

* Would you order from this company again? I would :)

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Totally :)

7. * What did you order?
      Dolkot Hand Fairy Peya doll

* When did you order?
      May 22, 2009 (order was delivered June 18, 2009)

Directly from the Dolkot website

Excellent: I received an Invoice, a payment confirmation, and a shipping notice when the package was shipped.

Very easy (Paypal)

About 3 weeks

Definitely! I'd say the price is a bargain!

Even better than the company photos! (Dolkot's photos are terrible.)

Very much so! The only thing is that Dolkot recommends 4mm eyes for this doll, when 6mm would be a much better fit.

I am totally satisfied with the product. I do intend to let them know about the eye size issue.

Yes, I would!

Sure, if someone was selling something I want.

8. Have there been any negative transactions so far this year?? I really want to order a dolkot doll..but after reading the fb from the previous years..I am worried. This years fb so far seems better.

Any thoughts on weather or not its safe to order??Has anyone noticed any problems with their dolls?

Any advice??Is it better to order albino skin or normal skin as far as quality and longevity(meaning yellowing)??I hope this is the right place to post this, as I noticed in the previouse fb section for dollkot there was alot of qestions etc..if not please mods move this to a better place?

-kitten

9. I don't know if this helps now, but I had gotten a White Skin Kiss in 2007 and have been very pleased with how the color has really stayed nice and white for the 2 years I've had him. In my opinion the resin retains the original color white better than the Luts Beauty White has (which I have on a doll too-from 2007).

I would love to find out how the quality of resin coloring stays for the last couple years, and this year too, as I'd like to get a Junior Dolkot.

10. If you ever decide to buy from Dolkot, be aware. You are doing that at your own risk.
      I had really a nasty experience with Dolkot, last month I tried to communicate with them in order to have more info about the new body, and the answers I had were just so... not serious?
      Maybe the quality has improved but what worries me is the service: they will never tell you at what stage your order is, they will lie about the timelines. I had to wait four months for two dolls, I received one faulty (my Bera has the body yellower than the head, and with the time the difference has just got worse) and I am still not satisfied at all.
      I asked them how the color of the resin was like, they answered me (in the manner of a pray!) that white skin and their new realskin were similar even if realskin was darker (and I wanted to upgrade to new body because I wanted the head and the body of my Bera to be alike!).
      I think they are only interested in money, that's all. Once you make the order, they will not care about the customer service. Their items are quite pricey, now you can get better quality from other companies.
      Surely Dolkot provides beautiful dolls. But quality? Well, I am not sure.

11. * What did you order? Dolkot Bera
      * When did you order? 23 August 2009
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Directly from the company
      * How was the communication? Excellent
      * How easy was it to pay? I paid by credit card with no problems
      * How long did it take to ship? Arrived in Australia on 28 September 2009. Would have arrived earlier - see below.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Very much so.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? I ordered Bera in Real Skin but afterwards queried Dolkot as to whether that was actually the colour of the resin in the sales pictures. They responded that the resin colour in the sales pictures was actually Albino, so I requested to amend my order to that colour. The doll was virtually ready to ship after 2 weeks but they had to begin production again when I changed resin colour. I asked for the change via the Writing Board and their response was prompt and considerate.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very much so. The resin is more substantial and heavy than I thought it would be, good colouring, well packaged, very pretty faceup. Arrived with two lollypops, and three pairs of acrylic eyes.
      * Would you order from this company again? I would.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? I don't tend to buy much second-hand. That is a personal preference and not a reflection on Dolkot at all.

12. * What did you order?
      NS Ryu head, no faceup

* When did you order?
      October 12, 2009

Directly from company at the website.

Good.. once I placed an order. (None of my questions I asked on the product pages or Q&A page while having not yet ordered were ever answered.... :roll:)

Easy with Paypal.

My order shipped on the 19th, so I waited only seven days.

This is my first doll (head) so I couldn't say anything about the resin, but I felt that it was money well spent and wasn't disappointed when I received the product.

Aside from a different skin tone used for pictures, yes.

Yes, I was very happy.

N/A (but see below)

If there was something I liked, I wouldn't be hesitant to. So, yes. ^^

Irrelevant to how I feel about Dolkot's online service, I prefer to buy my things new. xD;

I haven't written to Dolkot about it yet, but I wasn't completely happy with how they packaged the head. It wasn't as secure as I would've liked it to have been, and the fact that they didn't use the bubble wrap properly really irked and frightened me. Bubble wrap should be used with the bubbles facing OUTWARDS to absorb some shock, but they had it backwards. And a flimsy piece of tape held it (not-quite) together.. :doh

Other than that, I had no other problems. They sent two free lollipops along with the order, and since the head arrived safely anyway, I am not holding it against them. xD

13. What did you order? WS Junior Day. This purchase qualified me for their Event Doll, a RS Junior Chris (Christmas 2009 exclusive).

When did you order? November 30, 2009

Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?D Directly via the company

How was the communication? Communication via their Q&A board was fantastic! Prompt, friendly answers to all my questions. However, I never received a shipping notice, and my order status has yet to be updated to reflect my doll(s) were even sent out!

How easy was it to pay? Very easy. Paid via PayPal.

How long did it take to ship? Dolkot was lightning fast! I received my order December 12, 2009... after only 12 days of waiting! That was even during an event!

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Very much so. He's virtually seamless and their new SJDK body poses like a dream.

Did the item look like the sales pictures? Pretty much, but I ordered them blank (there are no blank dolls on Dolkot's site, at least not of the sculpts I received).

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Very much so! I also received a freebie pair of eyes, an outfit, eye putty, a lovely Thank You note and an "Adoption Document" for Day. Their box is beautiful, too... very sturdy with velvet interior. Dolls were packed in bubble wrap, face mask (even though they were blank) and little fleece blankets. The dolls' head hooks were also in cute bear designs! I've never seen anything like it!

Panda Bear Hook:

[​IMG]

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A

Would you order from this company again?
      Yes. Definitely!

Would you buy this company's products second-hand? I prefer to buy new, but if the right item came along for the right price - sure!

14. What did you order?
      A Kiss girl in albino skin, and I get the Event Doll Chris

When did you order?
      November 25

Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      Directly

How was the communication?
      Very good! Blue Moon advice me the head and a girl body have a strange proportion because boy's head are bigger than girls ^^

How easy was it to pay?
      So easy with PayPal

How long did it take to ship?
      3 weeks only~

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes!! I fell in love with my dolls! But they are a little little dirty... but with a cloth I can clean it easily ^^

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes!

Were you satisfied with the product?
      So much~

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      -

Would you order from this company again?
      Of course!! There was any problem with them!

Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Yes ^^

15. What did you order? Dolkot Hara with face up
      When did you order?
      8th of December
      Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Directly
      How was the communication? Very good.
      How easy was it to pay? Too easy with paypal 8D
      How long did it take to ship? 16 days! O_O
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Since its my first doll, I can't really say if its good quality, but it seems like it. <3
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yep :D
      Were you satisfied with the product? Very much so! I <3 him!
      If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A
      Would you order from this company again? Yep!
      Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Depends on what it is ;D

I'm alittle jealous over everyones hooks though, they didn't paint mine. xD But its no big deal~

16. * What did you order?
      JDK "Yuna", no face-up. Came with 2009 Christmas Limited Event Doll "Chris"

* When did you order?
      December 5th, 2009

Directly

Excellent. Before I made a purchase I asked some questions on the Q&A board and they were always answered within 1 business day.

Very easy, used PayPal.

I don't know when it was shipped, but it arrived on December 23rd, just 18 days after I ordered!

Very. The heads are beautifully sculpted and the body is easy to pose.

Yes

Yes

N/A

Definitely.

If well cared for, yes.

17. My little story: I order dolkot without knowing about bad rumor of the company last year. I was so scare since the doll is not mind but i order for my cousin, and split another doll with fellow in DOA. However everything turn out just fine. BLUEMOON( dolkot costumer service) was really friendly and helpful. She responded every question and concern so quick. I got real fresh doll.His smell is really fresh resin.The old in stock will never smell like this.If you want to buy from them please do not afraid.
      The rumor from 2008 was not here anymore. They really improve.

* What did you order?
      Junior day in white skin
      -Please notice that "white skin" is more white than "normal skin" but less white that "Albino" skin. I missed understand about this and complain to the company

* When did you order?

04 December 2009

Direct from company website

Awesome,awesome and awesome. Blue moon responded every question so quick. They sent me confirmation after i paid and sent me an e-mail
      when my package was shipped.

I confused at first since when i ordered the website not link to paypal automatically. Then i figured it out. You have to send money to e-mail(paypal address) that show in website or post and ask them to send invoice to you. I did the first way. It was easy.

They sent me e-mail that they shipped my package on 2009-12-22 and i got my package on 24 December.

Definitely, Yess. The new type boy body is sweet. It poss so great. He stand really well. Resin look O.K. compare to eluts resin
      They did really great job.

I think it look the same

Really satisfied

I had a problem about skin color at first. I ask them to made white skin doll and when i got him, he looked white but not white like Albino doll that shows in web. I posted message to ask about this then i got an answer that white skin" is more white than "normal skin" but less white that "Albino" skin. They not usually make white skin but you can ask them to do.However if you want real white you have to order "Albino" Since the doll look just fine to me and his skin is whiter that my normal skin boy at home. I am happy with it.(They did not offer anything but only aswer my question is fine for me.)

Yes(If i have money:lol:)

If i find some thing i like.

18. * What did you order?
      A SDK60 Bera albino skin boy and two keyboard and microphone sets (Christmas present from my best friend and my partner). The company gave me elf ears for Bera as a gift

* When did you order?
      Mid November

Direct from the company, if I am dealig with a company I always try to order direct

Excellent, I had a problem with my order from them, the company forgot to include one part of my order, I chose to have them credit me the amount on my next order. They were very happy to help me out and communicated well. Blue Moon speaks English well and communicates very politely and helpfully.

Payment was very simple

Normally they only take two weeks, it was a bit longer this time because of Christmas, i received the doll yesterday

Yes, very much so for the doll, and Dolkot are also very generous with their gifts. The keyboards are overpriced for their quality.

my doll looked exactly like the sales pictures but the keyboards were a bit of a disappointment

Very much so, the only bad thing I could say was that the new resin is a little rougher than I am used to, but it sands smooth easily, this is simply a part of the production process. The dolls stand and pose extremely well, the keyboards were sort of cheap and larger than expected from the promo picks and I would not recommend them sadly

The company forgot to include one of the keyboards I purchased, the keyboards were sort of cheap and larger than expected from the promo picks, but the doll was perfect and beautiful and they include a lot of extras, the company promised to credit me the cost on my next purchase, or send me the keyboard at their own expense, I chose the credit as the keyboards were not what I was hoping for.

Yes, definitely

Yes, but only the later three joint bodies, (or double jointed knee and elbow bodies that have a chest joint) and not the older hip joint and single knee and elbow joint bodies.

* What did you order?
      A SDK60 Benni albino skin boy and a wig, and I received the NS holiday JDK40 boy Chris as well

* When did you order?
      Mid december

Direct from the company, if I am dealig with a company I always try to order direct

Excellent, I had a problem with my first order from them, the company forgot to include one part of my order, I chose to have them credit me the amount on my next order. They were very happy to help me out and communicated well

Payment was very simple

Normally they only take two weeks, it was a bit longer this time because of Christmas, i received the doll yesterday

Yes, very much so, and Dolkot are also very generous with their gifts

Exactly like the sales pictures

Very much so, the only bad thing I could say was that the new resin is a little rougher than I am used to, but it sands smooth easily, this is simply a part of the production process. The dolls stand and pose extremely well

The only dissatisfaction I had this time was when I was invoiced they forgot to credit me for the mistake in my last order, this was VERY quickly amended, and everything worked out fine, they even sent me a custom note in a Christmas card apologising for any difficulties and thanking me for buying from them again after the error last time

Yes, definitely

Yes, but only the later three joint bodies, (or double jointed knee and elbow bodies that have a chest joint) and not the older hip joint and single knee and elbow joint bodies.

*Other Comments?

I highly recommend Dolkot, despite the small difficulties I had the company went out of their way to accommodate me unlike many other companies, they were charming to deal with and their products are really beautiful and versatile sculpt wise. The packaging is interesting, the dolls come in a protective blanket and well wrapped, but have only one pillow in the box, which means they can move around a little bit. The boxes are very strong and protective unlike many companies now, and the gifts they include are wonderful though a little eccentric at times (I got a pair of saussage dog earrings in one order and a pair of earrings shaped like fluffy doggy slippers in the other). If ther eis anything at all special about your order do make a comment in the order comments section, they are really good about accommodating these requests