1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Cotin Doll Feedback (2009)

Dec 17, 2008

1. Cotin Doll Feedback

Write about your experience with this company and their products!

Please consider answering the following questions about your experience. If there is additional information that you would like to add, please feel free!

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again?
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?​

2. * What did you order?
      2 SD sized dresses and a Yo outfit.

* When did you order?
      End of February

Directly from their website.

Only 2 emails but there wasn't a lot of time needed for a lot of communication. So, great!

Very easy, they sent me an invoice with their paypal email and I sent it through that.

From payment, 1 night!

I thought the quality of the clothes was excellent. They're nicely sewn, fit perfectly and you know how sometimes they come with a weird smell? No smell with these, thankfully! So I would say they were worth the price.

Yes, exactly.

Very satisfied!

N/A

Yes I would.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Yep!

3. I did not know there is a feedback thread for Cotin Doll. Yah, I'd like to leave them feedback for the many items I bought.

* What did you order?
      Various SD wigs, cloths.

* When did you order?
      Various orders between October 08 and Jan 09.

Directly from the company.

Communications have always been good and helpful.

Pay with Paypal.

1-2 days after payment. Very fast.

Quality is appropriate for the price. The wigs are in my opinion of high quality and very well styled. The set of SD cloths I bought is very well sewn. I was not totally happy with the jeans material/design but it is still wearable. The shirt and jacket are wonderful. I love it.

Yes, what I see if photos are what I get.

Yes, very satisfied.

Never happened before.

Yep. They have nice wigs.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Yes.

4. * What did you order? 2 wigs

* When did you order? March 14, 2009

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? directly from the company

* How was the communication? Didn't need to communicate

* How easy was it to pay? Not really. They do send an invoice, but you have to put the number down yourself and it is in Chinese and you have to select language to English.

* How long did it take to ship? 2 days, they send out the wigs at March 16.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Very good, the wigs are lovely

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? For the lavender wig I bought, yes. For the white wig, almost. The white colour was more creamy than expected.On the pictures it was really really white.

* Were you satisfied with the product? Yes

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? -

* Would you order from this company again? Definately!

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes

* And a point I'd want to add:
      For your first order they refund about 10% of your order (as gift so to say), which I find really friendly!

5. * What did you order? MSD wig

* When did you order? Last month (May)

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Via ebay
      * How was the communication? Fine, no troubles

* How easy was it to pay? Extremely easy

* How long did it take to ship? Shipped fast, USPS held things up a little, but that is typical of USPS

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Actually I was disappointed, this is the poorest quality wig I have ever purchased. The fibres were rather stiff and inflexible, coarse by comparison to every other wig I own.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?the colours were very different, I purchased an auburn redish wig, it arrived and was pale brown with blondish parts. This is not a colour they offered so I know it is not a case of sending the wrong product. Also there were significant differences int he cut and the wig took a LOT of styling to appear like that advertised, including heat resetting.

* Were you satisfied with the product? I am now, but I did a LOT of work including a total restyling.

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? Honestly I was having a bad week so I did not even bother with talking to them, I just set to work to make the wig work.

* Would you order from this company again? no, I would not

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Most likely not, or at least not their wigs. I have only heard good things about their other products

6. * What did you order? 2 pairs of rocking horse shoes

* When did you order? 12-19

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? direct from cotin doll

* How was the communication? great

* How easy was it to pay? used paypal

* How long did it take to ship? received today - so pretty fast considering there were holidays and such.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? yes

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? yes

* Were you satisfied with the product? very!

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? n/a

* Would you order from this company again? yes!

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand? yes pending quality

7. What did you order? A custom MSD-sized shirt.

When did you order?
      12/24/09

Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      Directly through the company (via the company's website).

How was the communication?
      Friendly, fast.

How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy. I paid with PayPal.

How long did it take to ship?
      Item shipped 12/28/09 even though it was custom printed. It arrived 01/05/10 in a very cute Cotin Doll mail bag.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      It was only $10, so yeah. Had a paid more I would have been a bit upset (please see explanation below).

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      It was a custom design. N/A.

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Yes and no. The fit is fantastic as well as the materials used, but the custom print job is less than satisfactory. It's an iron on (I was expecting silk-screen printing, but I guess that was my fault for assuming), and the quality is not that good. It looks like the printer they used is running out of toner and there are white streaks where there should be color.

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      I have yet to complain, simply because it was so dang cheap. It works for my boy's character (the streaks make it look like its been through the wash one too many times), but if it were for another doll I would have contacted them with my quality concerns.

Would you order from this company again?
      Other items? Yes. Custom shirt? No.

Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Depends.