1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Buddydoll Feedback (2009)

Dec 17, 2008

1. Buddydoll Feedback

Write about your experience with this company and their products!

Please consider answering the following questions about your experience. If there is additional information that you would like to add, please feel free!

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again?
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?​

2. * What did you order?: http://www.buddy-doll.com/shop/step1.php?number=679
      * When did you order?: I think my order went through on November 6th, 2008
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?: Directly through the company.
      * How was the communication?: Communication was great, I asked about the chirstmas event, and I got my answer the next day.
      * How easy was it to pay?: I used paypal, so it was very simple.
      * How long did it take to ship?: I think she was in the mail for at least a week, it took the full estimated 3-week period after ordering her.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?: Definitly! The outfit is beautiful, I love the doll, and the fact that I got at least $100 worth of stuff for free because of the Christmas event helps too.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?: Yes, I think she looks better than the pictures
      * Were you satisfied with the product? : Definitely
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? : N/A
      * Would you order from this company again?: Yes, I would.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?: Maybe? I'm a bit iffy about buying secondhand dolls in the first place. I'd rather get it directly from the company/through a dealer.

3. What did you order?
      M-buddy Mars in NS and a suit

When did you order?
      2008. Dec. 20.

Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      I ordered directly

How was the communication?
      I didn't need to communicate with them, I wrote what I wanted for the Christmas event into their comment box and they sent me the present I asked for^^

How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy - with paypal

How long did it take to ship?
      35 days

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Absolutely!

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      His faceup is darker and more detailed than on their pictures - but I love it even more :3

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Yes, totally satisfied^^

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      n/a

Would you order from this company again?
      I definitely would

Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Yes, I would, but I would prefer ordering directly from the company.

4. What did you order?
      I won Buddydoll Mars Tough in a contest through bjdstore.com

When did you order?
      January 5, 2009

Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      bjdstore.com

How was the communication?
      Communication (through bjdstore.com) was very good, they let me know when my doll would arrive and their English was great.

How easy was it to pay?
      I didn't. ^^;

How long did it take to ship?
      About three weeks. (The estimate was 3-4 weeks.)

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      I definitely think he is worth the price on the website. The quality of the doll overall is very nice and on par with others I have. I'd say their pricing is exactly right, and the faceups are a steal. The resin is a good quality (he is very heavy!) and the seamlines are minimal.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      I think he looks much better than the sales pictures. The faceup is quite good, I think Buddydoll have some of the best default faceups. The body is poised and masculine. The doll stands very well and has a naturally graceful body language. He's a lot easier to manage than my 70cm Dollshe boy even though they're the same size.

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Definitely! If I had one complaint it would be that the stringing is a little loose, but that's trivial.

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      n/a

Would you order from this company again?
      Yes, I would gladly order from both Buddydoll and bjdstore.com in the future.

Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      I suppose so, if it were in good condition.

Also
      It's worth noting that Buddydoll doesn't use inner boxes, the shipping box is the only one there is. My doll came wrapped in a lovely pillow tied with lace, and also had bubble wrap and a plastic head protector, so he arrived in perfect condition.

5. *What did you order?
      M-Buddy Raphael, two wigs, and a necklace, all in one order.
      * When did you order?
      May 13, 2009
      Directly from Buddy-Doll
      Fantastic. The only thing I can say is they weren't very good about initiating contact, but every time I asked a question, I received a reply in 24 hours, usually less. When I ordered though, they didn't give me an estimation, I had to ask. But as I said, I always received a very quick reply, and I asked them many questions. ^w^
      I've never really used paypal besides in automated shopping carts. Buddy-Doll required I sent a payment directly to their paypal email, which I'd never done before, but once I figured it out, it was very easy, of course. And secure, since it was through Paypal.
      I received my order on June 23, 2009. A little over a month from when I ordered, which was the estimated time of delivery.
      I'm very happy with his quality, minus a small problem, which I'll elaborate below.
      When I got him and examined his face up, they made his eyebrows a little... err... Bushier than the pictures. But the look actually grew on me, and I don't have any issues otherwise.
      There was a problem with him when I received it, but before I even describe the problem, I'd like to say that it has been resolved in full and I am VERY happy with how Buddy-Doll handled the situation.
      When I opened my box (keep in mind that he is my very first BJD!) after my squeals of joy I started to unwrap the bubble wrap from his joints. I was shocked to find a large chunk missing from the bottom of his right lower leg!! I found the chunk wrapped in the bubble wrap, which only confused me further.
      After that shock factor, which had me depressed already, I unwrapped the wigs I bought. One was mohair, and exactly what I was expecting.
      The other...
      Looked like it had met the unfortunate end of a weed whacker. The hair was a quarter inch long in places, wavy, mangled, and just plain ugly. The front of the wig was fine, oddly enough, but the back... Was very displeasing to the eye.
      It was about this point that DestinysKeyXIII noticed two of his fingers on his right hand were stuck together with resin.. Which wasn't a huge problem, and one I would have fixed myself.. Except on top of everything else, it was the last straw.
      I contacted Buddy-Doll immediately with my grievances, already assuming the worst. I received a reply not a day later expressing their distress and horror that I got my items in such a condition. They said they had no idea how these things had happened, and then...
      They offered to replace everything for free, with no shipping charge, and told me they did not want me to return anything.
      WOW! Was all I could say! They offered me any wig I wanted from their site to replace the gross one, and are sending me a new right lower leg and right hand. The items are actually in transit at the moment; I haven't received them. But I'm expecting to receive them in perfect condition, I hope anyway.
      Yes!!! I was so impressed how eager they were to keep me happy, I'd go back there in a heartbeat!
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?Very likely. I'm quite picky about my dolls, and I like Buddy-Doll's molds a lot. They don't have much more than dolls though. Heh.

Summary: BUY FROM BUDDY-DOLL. :D

Also
      Buddy-Doll does use inner boxes now. He came in the shipping box, which had another box inside it. He was wrapped in a padded blanket inside this box.

EDIT: Got my pieces the other day. Perfect condition, the wig was great, too, AND they express shipped it! Go Buddy-Doll!

6. :apirate: About my first purchase from BuddyDoll:

* What did you order?
      This white skin W-Buddy <60cm> Jiny with the newest W-Buddy Body also in white, W-Buddy white Heel Feet and some clothes (Two shirts, a couple of trousers and a necklace). Now I am waiting for a new order of more clothes, W-Buddy white Heel Feet and W-Buddy white extra Hand.

* When did you order?
      Monday, July 13th, 2009.

I ordered directly from BuddyDoll.

Fast answering, really helpful, honest, clear and friendly. I believe they are truly open to listen to their customers' requests.

Easy-peasy PayPal payment method. The payment for my order was confirmed very quickly after done.

Only just two days for the shipment since my payment. The arrival of my first BuddyDoll package happened in a twelfth average later. On Tuesday, July 21st, 2009 Kaya, my white skin W-Buddy <60cm> Jiny, arrived home.

* Was the quality appropiate for the price, in your opinion?
      With no doubt. A more than accurate quality-price deal.

Absolutely.

Definitely and sincerely satisfied with them. I love my Jiny's wonderful face-up, body, feet, clothes and necklace.

I am satisfied for real with BuddyDoll products and excellent work, but in case I was not I think the company would try to find the way to solve it just like they did fixing up a way to fulfill my request.

For sure. In fact, I already did. It is been a pleasure to deal with the BuddyDoll team.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      If I had no other way, I would.​

Besides...

Some other important points:

- Fair deal: Several items in my BuddyDoll order were low price and meant a big saving for me. Farther more, they have always suggested me their cheapest prices.

- Shipping fee: Team in BuddyDoll have always tried to help me to adjust shipping cost to the lowest.

- Good care: The package was carefully wrapped and yes, the items were into a inner box, within an outer one, with a lovely cotton cushion.

- Resin match: The company paid good attention to get the better resin match in my items.

- Assembling completion: Jiny arrived completely assembled, maked up and with certificate.

- Stated measurements: Jiny's measurements told on BuddyDoll store are quite accurate to the measurements my Jiny has and fit perfectly what I wanted.

- Gifts: They sent me a pair of eyes for free.​

FEEDBACK CONCLUSION: A gorgeous and very nice service store I highly recommend.

7. *What did you order?
      M-Buddy Mars, and a pair of boots.
      * When did you order?
      September 22, 2009
      Directly from Buddy-Doll
      Wonderful. They may not have initiated it but they replied quick with direct answers.
      Easy. They sent me an invoice to my Paypal and it was easy as that.
      He arrived today, Nov. 21st.
      The doll and the free clothes were awesome, but the boots didn&#8217;t fit. X.o Well, they fit, but the zipper split as soon as I got them on. X.o;
      Better, in my opinion~
      Again, everything but the boots. And the fact they took forever to ship.
      It took nearly twice as long to ship as buddydoll usually takes, but it was because their faceup artist was hospitalized. To make amends, I got a free pair of pants and shirt. The boots are too small for him, but I think they may have been sized for a W-buddy. So that would be my fault.
      Of course!
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Depends on what it was and the like. But yes, they&#8217;re lovely molds.