1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angell Studio Feedback (2009)

Dec 17, 2008

1. Angell Studio Feedback

Write about your experience with this company and their products!

Please consider answering the following questions about your experience. If there is additional information that you would like to add, please feel free!

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again?
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?​

2. For some reason,this company owe me some money,i asked them to give it to me but have no replies,so i asked if i can use this to buy a body ,the rest money of the body i will pay to them also.One of the manager agreed but say to me that i couldn't contact the seller departement for this kind of action had broken their law,she agree just because she know me.I was angry about this reply,it seems that their rule is never send this money back to me! But at that time,i was hurry to have a doll,so i kepet my temper and agree to do the business deal with her.
      At the beginning,we agree on finishe it at the end of that month.But when the time was coming,i called her to ask the place we meet,she just said there's no body left in the company,it had been sold out.I didn't believe it at all,but since we are friend before(that's what she say"you are not my guest,you are my friend,so i can do this ")i have say nothing,and ask my friend to pretent as a guest to ask their customer if there were body in stock.The answer was they have!!

Is this the way one to treat his friend?
      So how dangerous it is to be her friend?

I call back and said:give me the body,take your money.Or give me the money that is belong to me!Choose one,it's just that easy!
      But,she say i should first gave the head back to them which was already belong to me monthes before.No matter how i got the head,when i got it,it's mine,why she thought she have the right to do the transaction ? And she also said i should promise that i will never sell the body to others. Who can promise that he can love one thing the whole life? There are so many people sold dolls and so many have second hand dolls,are they need to promise to the doll company that they won't sell them one day?
      So i refused,i think i can't communicate with this company at all!

3. why my thread has been move to here??????

4. * What did you order?
      A Lucifer, in butter skin tone.

* When did you order?
      I... shoot, it was a while ago... December, I believe, but the transaction was completed in January.

Directly from the company.

Really good, actually. I got prompt responses.

Their Paypal system is a little strange... you need to add a 4% fee onto your total, but the website's system doesn't do it itself. I spoke through e-mail with the rep, Hedi, who sent me a modified Paypal invoice, adding fees and shipping.

There was a bit of a hiccup here - they had the doll in stock, but the faceup was to take up to two weeks. I wasn't aware when I spoke to Hedi that the shop would be closing down for a December break (I hadn't seen the announcement on the site) so it took about a week longer than I'd thought it would - no big deal.

Oh, definitely.

He looked even better, actually.

Incredibly. I LOVE Angell Studio's faceup artist(s?) - they're incredibly talented.

The only thing I had an issue with was that, when I ordered the doll, I'd selected EMS as my shipping option, and the doll was shipped by DHL. When I emailed Hedi about it, she said the Paypal invoice she'd sent me included DHL shipping, and I wasn't aware the shipping I was paying for was DHL. He got here faster as a result, but it was also much harder to pick him up, and I'm not fond of DHL to begin with, so I would've preferred EMS. But Hedi apologized for the misunderstanding, so no harm done.

Likely, yes.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      If I bought a second-hand doll, I wouldn't mind it being an AS - I do love their dolls (I have two).

5. * What did you order? Black/White Punk Sd boy outfit
      * When did you order? 1 March 2009
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Through a dealer (DDE)
      * How was the communication? Didn't really need any
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy
      * How long did it take to ship? The next day
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes, absolutely!
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? The colour of the vest appears different, but I think that may just be a monitor issue, or possibly the photograph.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Oh, definitely! I bought this outfit fot my Bobobie boy, who is a notoriously difficult to buy for body expecting the shirt and vest to fit but the pants to require a bit of alteration to fit. To my surprise, everything, including the pants fit him perfectly! I have been searching long and hard to find clothes that weren't meant for girls but would still fit him and I finally found some!
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?N/A
      * Would you order from this company again?If I knew that their other clothing would fit my boy, absolutely!
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Again, if I knew that they would fit my boy's body as well as this outfit does, I definitely would.

6. * What did you order? Claudia head (Milk Skin) & 1/3 Pink Curl Long Wig

* When did you order? May 26th, 2009

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Directly through the company.

* How was the communication? Fantastic! Very friendly, informative and was quick to reply. Best customer service that I've dealt with yet!

* How easy was it to pay? Very easy! I paid using paypal.

* How long did it take to ship? They were shipped out on June 10th, 2009. (Approximately 15 days if you include the weekends.) The items arrived on June 17th.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes!

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? Exactly! They were much better in real life!

* Were you satisfied with the product? Yes! :)

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A

* Would you order from this company again? Yes, I plan to buy from them again soon.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes! :)

7. * What did you order? Yan-Di outfit
      * When did you order? June 17, 2009
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? From the company.
      * How was the communication? Excellent
      * How easy was it to pay? Very
      * How long did it take to ship? About 10 days
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? I would say so.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes!
      * Would you order from this company again? Certainly
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? I don't see why not. So long as the seller was of good reputation.

8. * What did you order? 2 pair boots
      * When did you order? July '09
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Direct
      * How was the communication? Fantastic-- prompt and friendly
      * How easy was it to pay? It was hard to figure out their payment system on their website, but I emailed them and got a prompt reply and invoice.
      * How long did it take to ship? Shipped out the next day, received in a week.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Very much so
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? n/a
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes, I plan to soon
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes

9. * What did you order? Butter Lucifer Fullset
      * When did you order? July 17, 2009
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Direct from company.
      * How was the communication? Excellent as always! Their customer service truly is top notch.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy, I emailed the rep and I was sent an invoice the next day.
      * How long did it take to ship? Once ready, less than a week.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Definately, the details in person are even more amazing than the site photos.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A.
      * Would you order from this company again? I have before and I certainly will again.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes, if from a reputable dealer.

10. * What did you order?
      Pink Skin Claudia Fullset
      * When did you order?
      25th July 2009
      Direct from Company
      Excellent. Lily, their customer service rep is wonderful! She's always there to reply your questions.
      They ran out of purple eyes but they tried to get me others. The workshop's leader even provided me with an excellent alternative.
      Definitely
      Only if the person is trustworthy.

11. * What did you order? Teng Tang Gentlemen's dress and Mix Black Wig
      * When did you order? September 10th, 2009
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Direct from Company.
      * How was the communication? Fantastic as always.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very, I used paypal.
      * How long did it take to ship? Once the product was ready for shippment, released around the 18th, I got it on the 23rd.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Very much so.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Better than in pictures which were already stunning.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes!
      * Would you order from this company again? I have and I'm sure I will.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Don't really need to, unless no longer available from company.

12. * What did you order? MSD boy body in solid butter skintone
      * When did you order?early october.
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Direct from company
      * How was the communication? wonderful! Always replied to e-mails!
      * How easy was it to pay? Very, through paypal
      * How long did it take to ship?close to two months-worth the wait though!
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes, great quality!
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? It looks even better!
      * Were you satisfied with the product?Very satisfied-it is perfect!
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? n/a
      * Would you order from this company again? Definately!
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?well thw transaction with the company went so well i don't think I would need to-except for LE items I might want that are sold out on the official site.

13. * What did you order? 2 face ups
      * When did you order? 20th of September
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Direct.
      * How was the communication? Great, I often received replies the same day.
      * How easy was it to pay? Paypal, simple.
      * How long did it take to ship? 4 days shipping time but around 49 days waiting for the face ups to be completed.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Just about yes, their face ups are really high quality.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? N/A
      * Were you satisfied with the product? The first face up on one of the heads I sent was quite innaccurate and not like how I had instructed them to do it, but they gladly redid it (taking just 1 day). They send a video of the finished face up for you to see. Overall I was very satisfied with the face ups. The quality is great just as I expected from having 2 AS dolls with AS face ups already.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? They redid the face up in 1 day.
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes, definitely.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes.

14. * What did you order? 1/4 Black queen dress
      * When did you order? 2009-11-25
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Directly from Angell-Studio
      Wonderful
      Very Easy
      Arrived 2009-12-2
      Yes
      Yes
      Yes, even tho a bit big for size indicated
      N/A
      Yes
      Maybe, depends on the item, quality and price

15. * What did you order? Luxifa butter with 1/3 luxifa outfit & eyes + wig
      * When did you order? 26 of september
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? direct
      * How was the communication? very good. I always received an answer asap.Lily was very nice and helpful.
      * How easy was it to pay? very easy i paid through paypal, and they were able to offer me to pay in two payments because i did not have enough when i first ordered.
      * How long did it take to ship? once i confirmed the faceup, it was very fast was less than a week.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? YES. their faceups are very high quality. very detailed and beautiful. the outfit was very well made and detailed as well
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? not exactly because i ordered a custom faceup, but everything else looked exactly like the images.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? yes very much. i asked them to make a few changes from the first faceup which they did immediately, and in person the faceup was very detailed and very beautiful!!! but they sent the wrong shoes. i am currently waiting for an answer from them about it x_x;
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? they offered me to mail them back and pay difference for the shoes i had ordered. or keep and get 20% off shipping on next order.. so all in all was a good order even with mistake~
      * Would you order from this company again? definately.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? yes.

16. * What did you order?
      Ciaudia

* When did you order?
      I believe it was 19th October

Directly

Don't bother emailing. Contact them via MSN. Lily has always replied me.

Paypal. But they charge paypal fees, which I didn't know.

Initially they said it would take a month to complete the doll, but they were too busy so I waited 1.75 months, which is not bad actually.

I love the quality. So poseable and so stable!

Yes, except for the eyes. The eyes look like they have black pupils in the photo but they're actually purple pupils.

Yes

NA

If I see something I like. =)

I would consider it.

17. * What did you order?
      clothes

* When did you order?
      26th October, 2009

Directly from the company

It was exceptional. First it was strange that they use email primarily instead of the Q&A board, but I got used to it. Lily answered everything extremely fast - usually within 15 mins, even though I knew that sometimes it was around 11 pm their time...

It was easy with paypal. The pp fees were strange and Lily miscalculated my total and I didn't notice. She immediately contacted me and offered the opportunity to buy something more with it or giving a refund. I chose the latter and they refunded me immediately.

They were ready in a day, but waited until the money issues were settled. My package was sent after 3 days^^

Yes, the clothes are beautiful and well made

Yes

Yes. What I wasn't satisfied with was the shipping. But that's not Angell Studio's mistake.

My package got lost in the mail on 1st Nov. and even though it was an EMS package it didn't arrive until 2nd Dec. Su the usually 4-8 days of shipping became 35 days without any updates on the tracking. AS kept in constant contact and they asked about the package on my request but couldn't do anything more. After all this time, I would have expected that they start a claim to the postal service and give me a refund or resend my package. Fortunately my package finally arrived without any damage - but it still left a bad taste, since I could have ordered much later and would have got their Christmas presents, too - and my package would have arrived sooner (a friend of mine ordered much later, after the start of their event but have received her package weeks before me)

Only if it's a group order, since shipping is extremely costly from them.

Yes, I would