1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

No More Dollshe From Iplehouse or Luts?

Feb 11, 2008

1. From the site:

How are you?

We have to let know sad news to all customers who loved DollShe doll in the meanwhile.

Iplehouse will have to receive the order for DollShe doll, until the end of Feb only.

Also, concerning the photo for the sales on shipping mall, we will register until the end of Feb., and then will delete all.

In future, you can purchase DollShe doll from the official site of DollShe.

We are very thankful for all customers who purchased Dollshe doll through Iplehouse in the meantime, and also in future, it would be appreciated if you use Iplehouse continuously.

Thank you very much.

And here is the from DollShe president.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, everyone.

This is DollShe Ki Yong from DollShe craft doll manufacturing company.

In the meanwhile, we are very thankful for all customers who loved DollShe craft's doll.

Until now, except for some heads made by DollShe, we will stop selling all.

We promise that we would introduce again new sized new type & good quality doll.

Through the official homepage, you can meet existing dolls made for a while and new sized dolls.

--------------------------------------------

Mods if this is in the wrong section my apologies ^_^

2. Wait, so does that mean only IH is stopping distribution, or dollshe is discontinuing some molds or...? 0.o

3. Wait, does this mean a stop in production of ALL Dollshe boys? D:

4. It seems like Dollshe is going to stop producing everything but the heads and perhaps start work on another doll? it's hard to decipher, perhaps someone here know more info.

5. What is the link for Dollshe website?

6. He says:
      Through the official homepage, you can meet existing dolls made for a while and new sized dolls.

What is the link to the "Official Homepage"?

7. I think it means that new dolls will be shown, as well as dolls that have been around for a while. Please let it mean that - I want my Hound so badly!

8. This came up when I googled Dollshe:

www.dollshe.com/

It's one page with instruction in Korean and an email. I didn't see anything more 'official'

9. Tensiya has several dolls listed as "Preparing restock" which usually means they will have them again in a couple of weeks.
      I have asked on their 1:1 board to make sure as I was planning to order a couple of the fullset stock dolls.
      I will report back what they say.

10. Wait does that mean Iplehouse will stop with the wigs and clothes for Dollshe dolls too?

D: This is scary!

11. Is it then the 70cm bodies they are stopping, but still producing the heads? If they stop the bodies does that mean that we'll have to scramble for other size bodies for the heads or previously-produced 70 cm bodies? I'd love to be able to get both, as I feel the Hound heads look best on the Hound 70cm body...

12. Dollshe and Dollstown are in a partnership in manufacturing dolls (see the link above). There was a discussion a bit ago on Houndcalling about this I think.

Also, Mr. Dollshe has a new boy he's been working on and from what I saw of it, he looked pretty much done.

That's all I know.

There is no telling if this is it for certain head molds or not at this point or not. I'm sure there will be more information coming soon. Probably be a good idea to add yourselves to Houndcalling. They are really on top of Dollshe information.

13. I'm a bit scared and at the same time excited.

Scared because they might discontinue my favorite sculpts.

Excited because they might have a new, and super awesome body sculpt that would go great with the default heads. :D

The most uncertain thing that completely scares me is if they just stop making dolls altogether.

Anyway, I posted questions in Tensiya.com's 1:1 message board to see if they'll still have the current style bodies and heads available to buy.

They might keep quiet about the new body/dolls, though...:o

Edit because I forgot to add:
      If Iplehouse will stop selling Dollshe dolls, I don't think they'd discontinue selling Dollshe-sized wigs, though. Because Iplehouse dolls' heads have same/similar measurements as the Dollshe dolls.

I'll go ask over at Iplehouse, too. :kitty1:

14. I hope they re-stock at least several times before stopping production. X___X

15. As it is all to read is alarming... :(
      I like there large boys.
      It will be very a pity, if I never can someone purchase. You see money gathers long. :(
      Как-то это все читать тревожно... :(
      Мне нравятся там большие мальчики.
      Будет очень жалко, если я никогда не смогу кого-то купить. Ведь деньги собираются долго. :(

16. I just saw the post from Iplehouse and had to come to this forum and see what's going on.

Thank you, darkawaii for the article link. It does help clarify a lot of things.

But this new change that Dollshe is taking doesn't necessarily make me happy. Whether or not there will be more production of this type of doll or any other dollshe 70cm body remains unclear and very ambigious. I'm getting this impression that all sales for Dollshe whole dolls will soon be stopped; however, the optional parts will still remain. How does that work? Are they working on a new body but still keeping the heads and hands? Again, there is ambiguity in the message. If the production of these lovely boys are stopped permanently, I'll be quite heart-broken because IM Hound has always been my dream doll. He was one of the first doll I fell in love with when I came into this hobby. I was expecting to buy him later this year too.

The partnership of Dollstown, Dollshe and probably some other doll companies, while is sounds good, does not sound good to me at all. I'm skeptical. For one, I'm going to expect the dolls to cost a lot more than they are now. If Dollshe plans to use US Smooth-on resin, that means it'll be more costly to attain those materials. If the current price for dolls are $600, would the price triple cuz of material cost? If so then, wouldnt the new price be along the line of $900 or there of? And it sounds like they'll be making big boys because the Dollstown creator said that French resin, while it produces a translucent quality, isn't very durable for sd13 productions. Thus they decided to use US Smooth-on resin.

Also, I've never bought from Dollshe or Tensiya directly, but I hear it's slow. Extremely slow, but worth the wait. Will the speed pick up with this new production system? Dollstown's creator said that there will be more production but that doesn't assuage my impatience when it comes to the long wait for the doll. I think that producing more dolls doesn't necessarily mean faster productions. It could just mean a larger room for production, not necessarily shorter time span for resin material to settle. Unfortunately, this is just speculation since the article did not specify the speed of production, rather talked mainly about the output of production.

While it's exciting that there will be new dolls, my question is will these new dolls be a basic type or will they be limited like the Bermanns? I honestly hope they're not going to be limited. Any info concerning the new dolls will greatly be appreaciated. :)

I really like Iplehouse's fast services so I know for sure that I'll be pretty bum out that they wont be selling the Dollshe dolls. :(

Mercy: I'm not a member of Houndcalling. Can you share pictures of this new boy that you speak of?

17. Seriously?? O___o This is so confusing. I've been saving for a Saint for six months, and if they discontinue them before I can order... that would just suck royally. :( Especially since I'm so close... I was planning on ordering him blank from Iplehouse, to avoid the wait.

18. If you are close, Iple does have layaway...might be worth checking into.