1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback for dollsandfriends

Oct 8, 2007

1. <!--original post-->
      Hello!
      Does anywone know anything about this site? They got the doll Im thinking of buying! (DIM Elena) But I havent heard anything about the site..
      Can you please help me?
      <!--end original post-->
      --------------------------
      <!--Start of Merge addition to this post-->
      When leaving feedback
      You might consider including the following information:

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      <!--End of Merge addition to this post-->

Note: Merged old question thread with feedback thread so had to edit the first post to make sense

2. I've bought from them before and they are an excellent shop.

3. I have bought from them and they are wonderful.

4. Same here. The owners, Kathy and Leo Notenboom, are very nice.

Carolyn

5. I'm currently buying a doll from them on layaway :) The owners are really friendly and helpful.

6. I have a Pipos Curo on layaway with them right now. They responded quickly to my questions, and so far I have been really happy with them. :)

7. Best ever. I have two dolls on layaway with them, and the staff is absolutely fantabulous.

8. I bought some dollheart boots and shoes from them before (WAS SOO HAPPY! They had the two pairs I had been wanting for ages and ages but could never find because they were always sold out everywhere else!). They were some of the friendliest people I've ever worked with. Definitely recommend them.

9. I also have been buying from them. My only issue is that there is no really good way to track the status of a layaway order aside from pestering them via email. Or if there is, I haven't found it (which is also entirely possible! :) ).

Aside from that I find them to be excellent to work with!

10. They ship really fast too. I ordered my Elfdoll Red and some clothes on a Wednesday, but there was an error with the clothing so I told them I wanted another outfit on Friday morning. Both the outfit and the doll arrived on that Monday, way earlier than I expected since the order was coming all the way from Washington state to Washington DC!!

11. I have a doll on layaway from Kathy and Leo.
      :) Kathy is quick with her email replies, and she doesn't mind answering my questions. I have their site as one of my favorites. Once my doll is paid off ( this weekend! Yay!! ) I might end up putting another one on layaway.

12. Dolls and Friends is the best. Kathy and Leo are wonderful.

I have ordered many dolls outright, on layaway and pre-order. The dolls all ship as soon as they arrive to the store. They have a super easy payment system including for layaway. I can't say enough about them...

13. * What did you order?Layaway Elfdoll Bong Sun Hwa with Base
      * When did you order?I think it was March
      * How was the communication?Absolutely excellent
      * How easy was it to pay?Layaway payments are really easy using their site and paypal. You get email confirmation whe payment is received
      * How long did it take to ship?The doll & display base arrived in about a week once everything is payed off
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?Absolutely the doll was cuter and more fun in person. The base was well made as well
      * Were you satisfied with the product?Yes, but the base was missing a part
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?Dollsandfriends contacted elfdoll on my behalf. The missing part was ems to my home from Korea by elfdoll along with a gift shirt and socks for my doll.

I currently have another doll on layaway with dollsandfriends and would definitely buy from them again as well as elfdoll

14. I've bought a number of items from D&F, a few dolls too and each time they are such a pleasure to deal with! :D Here's a couple I can think of.

* What did you order? Leeke Sweet Elf
      * When did you order? In dec I believe
      * How was the communication? Great! They replied to any e-mails I sent quickly.
      * How easy was it to pay? Super easy.
      * How long did it take to ship? When I was finished paying, just a day or two.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Oh yeah
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yep!
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very much so
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? Was satosfied.

Also got a doll on layaway right now ^^ I can't recommend D&F more enough!

15. Another vote for Dolls and Friends! I got my Notdoll Belladonna Twins from them and have a Serendipity Lovely Freyja on the way home soon!

16. * What did you order? Angelregion Cien boy basic kit, For My Doll custom wig(separate order)
      * When did you order? July 2006, July 2007(for the wig)
      * How was the communication? Always excellent. Kathy kept me up to date on both orders and answered any questions or concerns.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy, they use paypal.
      * How long did it take to ship? Once it arrived at her shop, Kathy shipped very quickly and it arrived safely.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Oh yes, definitely!!
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yep.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Love both items I bought from them so far.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? Always have been satisfied so far.

I also currently have a DIM Achernar on layaway with D&F. Such wonderful people and I highly recommend them if you want to save on shipping on a doll or if you want to get your dream doll on layaway. :D

17. I've bought from them before too and I can ditto what everyone else here has said. They're wonderful. Someday I hope I can go to their actual store in WA State.

18. * What did you order?
      Pipos Baha, Elfdoll Red
      * When did you order?
      About six months ago/September 20, 2007
      * How was the communication?
      FANTASTIC. Not only is email communication lightning fast, but the fact that I can pick up the phone and call and ask questions in person is wonderful.
      * How easy was it to pay?
      Cake. You can make layaway payments via credit card on their website or ask for Paypal invoices, or walk on in and pay if you live in the area.
      * How long did it take to ship?
      N/A. I pick my dolls up at the store.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Absolutely!
      Yup, and as a bonus they checked everything over to make sure it was all good before I picked anything up.
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      You betcha.

Give these people your money. They're wonderful. ^_~

19. * What did you order? Elfdoll Red and Elfdoll Soah (on her way at the time this was written)
      * When did you order? My Red was ordered during the summer, and Soah was ordered about a week ago from the date this was written.
      * How was the communication? Very good. They answer questions within 24 hours.
      * How easy was it to pay? I ordered through credit card which was convenient.
      * How long did it take to ship? My first doll was shipped the next day, on a Friday, and arrived on that Monday, which shocked me because it had to travel across the USA! Soah's taking a bit longer, but it's good because I won't be able to recieve her until the end of the week anyway.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes. I liked the outfit I had bought with him (although it doesn't fit his short legs it is perfect for my other boy)
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yeah, pretty much!
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very satisfied! Thanks Dolls and Friends!

20. I can't believe I haven't posted a review here- I've had nothing but fabulous transactions with Kathy and her crew of dollie-elves (yes, Leo is really an elf-- that's the rumor I'm starting). So here is my feedback for Dolls and Friends.

I started out small- I had a US bjd dealer before D&F but she was out of the teeny little headcaps for the Elfdoll Tinies and I needed some. I contacted D&F, she had two available and I was treated like my little $4 sale was just as important as a big sale. That impressed me.

When my 'regular' US dealer got out of the business, I started giving almost all my doll business to D&F, even tho' they are all the way across the country from me.

I've ordered whole Biggie-dolls, whole tiny dolls, a couple of minis-- lots of headless bodies, parts, wigs, eyes, outfits. I'll spare you all the individual transactions because I would have to go into two posts- but I'm a sucker for Elfdolls. (if you want me to name them all, PM me LOL)

D&F runs a very professional shop and online business and I know that mistakes happen (no one being perfect, after all), but they've always made things right and gone out of their way to keep me, the customer, happy. Their communication is great and I've always gotten an answer to any dumb question I've asked. ;)

Layaway is glorious and I've used it a lot because this hobby is exPENsive. :) and they happily will take Paypal without adding extra fees.

I'm a happy, satisfied customer.