1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback for Volks Websites

Sep 30, 2007

1. Please state if you bought from Volksusa, Volks international site, Volks Japan Site

We're not looking for whether or not you actually liked the sculpt or style of the item, but we'd love to know how you felt about the quality and customer service!

You might consider including the following information:

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?

Please do not ask buying or selling questions here

2. I Love ordering from the volksusa store! They ship the items out really quickly and always answer my questions left in the comments section!

The only things I don't really like are that the items on the website don't show that they're out of stock or not until you put them into your cart. And I found the shipping for ground mail to be a little pricy for small items.

3. I have ordered from Volks USA.

My last order was in June 2007, and I ordered a bag, shoes, a wig, eyes, and a clothing set... *waves bye to lots of money ^-^*
      Paying was very easy- I just used my credit card. They sent a confirmation email and another when the order was shipped.
      Shipping in my case was quite slow. I got concerned when they had neither removed money from my account nor updated the status of my order in a week and half and emailed their customer service account. Their customer service is very good and my order was shipped the next day.
      The items I received are very nice and worth the money. My only annoyance is that the gold braid on my msd wig fell out shortly after I got it, but that may have been more due to me than the quality of the wig.

4. This. Its only worth ordering from them if you're getting a lot of stuff, they use UPS ground and you'll pay $10 to ship a $2 wig stopper. Also you can't tell what's in stock until you try to buy it. The only complaint about quality of items would be the pair of cargo pants I bought, one of the snaps broke the first time I opened one of the pockets.

5. That's my complaint about Volks USA. You have to click on something to add to your cart JUST to see if they actually have it. And the shipping! I paid $11 for $6 worth of wig stop! Other than that, the quality of what I bought so far is ok. (Just 2 pairs of shoes and wig stop, lol)

6. www.volksusa.com (us site):

* What did you order? Numerous dolls, clothes, wigs, eyes
      * When did you order? Several different occasions over the past 1 1/2 years
      * How was the communication? Excellent, always replied to emails, helpful on the phone, always updated me on my order status
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy (paid by debit and credit)
      * How long did it take to ship? About 1 week (for dolpa items it was 1 week from when it arrived in store).
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Better than in pictures
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very satisfied
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? Have had only 1 problem with a small little defect in a doll hand, I returned it, they gave me a new one and refunded shipping I paid to ship it to them, all within 1 1/2 weeks (and that includes shipping there and back).

www.volks.co.jp (internaitonal site):

* What did you order? Numerous dolls, clothes, wigs, eyes
      * When did you order? Several different occasions over the past 3 years
      * How was the communication? Excellent, always replied to emails, always updated me on my order status
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy (paid by debit and credit, as well as Pay Pal)
      * How long did it take to ship? about 3 business days
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Better than pictures
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very satisfied
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? No problems ever

7. I ordered thorught Volks Internatioanl site

* What did you order? Amakusa Shiro Tokisada
      * When did you order? The last week of September
      * How was the communication? Good
      * How easy was it to pay? By Paypal
      * How long did it take to ship? 2 days
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes! [Except for the fact that they never low price at customs declaration and I had to pay $200 of customs T___T]

8. Site: Volks International site and Volks Japan site

Ordered: A doll (Volks SDC Ren), shoes, tools, lots and lots of clothes

When: Many times from 2006-2008

Communication: Speedy. I had some queries about using Paypal and they answered within a day every time.

Service: Very good. In one of my orders, an SD top was sent instead of the MSD-sized version of the same top. I informed Volks by email and they replaced it quickly, no questions asked.

Ease of payment: Very easy. You can choose either credit card or Paypal. I usually use credit card and have never had credit card problems on their site. if you choose Paypal, they will send an invoice to your email address.

How long before shipping: A month or two for the doll (as she was a limited pre-order).
      Otherwise, stock items ship within one or two days, which is great. :D I'm used to waiting over six weeks for some wigs, so it's nice to be able to buy "off the shelf" and receive the items quite quickly.

Quality: The clothes are usually good value for money (when you buy them direct and not on the secondhand market) and beautiful quality. Some shoes are a little pricy, but they are definitely good quality and always fit well (which is a risk you take whenever you buy shoes made for types of doll other than the exact type you have).

Notes:
      Some buyers may want to note that they only ship by EMS, which, though insured and very safe, is also relatively expensive.

They don't always maintain good levels of stock online. I find that there is always much more available in a physical Volks shop than there is online. But perhaps this is inevitable, since, unlike almost all other BJD companies, their online stores are secondary to their physical stores.

Overall, I've had many many good experiences buying from http://volks.co.jp/jp/ and http://volks.co.jp/en/ and wouldn't hesitate to recommend. :)

9. I have ordered from the Volks International, Volks Japan and VolksUSA sites before.

* What did you order?
      Lots of items on separate occasions; dolls, clothing, books, shoes, glass eyes, wigs, tools, ...

* When did you order?
      Quite a few times, from 2004 till now.

It was fine, although they may sometimes take a while to answer your queries.

It was very easy. I've used both debit and credit cards, as well as Paypal.

They ship very quickly, unless the item is for pre-order. In the case of AE items, they usually ship on the next working day, so the item actually arrives in less than a week!

Yes, I think the price generally reflects the quality and is reasonable.

On VolksUSA though, I find the price a little steep, especially when compared to Volks Japan and Volks International.

They usually do. Sometimes the item looks even better in person (re: dolls) XD

Most of the time, yes.

I have never received a defective item, so there was no need for them to solve any problem.

My biggest grouse is with the VolksUSA website. Even if I manage to add something to my cart, it doesn't necessarily stay in there all the way until I check out. During the Osaka HTD4 online sale, I proceeded to check out my items immediately after I got what I wanted in my cart, but by the time I reached the payment page, two of the three items had mysteriously gone "out of stock"... which is, to say the least, rather annoying. Especially since I was going to check my items immediately... :barf This makes me wonder about the security of their cart. :|

One general comment for all three sites is that they tend to use oversized boxes to ship your items, and the shipping fees are a little high. So even if they don't overcharge shipping anymore these days, you're still paying quite a bit more for shipping air...

That said, I am satisfied with the quality of service provided by Volks Japan and Volks International, even though some of their popular items sell out way too quickly :doh (But I guess that's not their fault!)

10. www.volks.co.jp (Volks International):

What did you order? : A Volks SD13 Elena, a pair of boots for her, and a carrier bag.

When did you order? : Nearly a week ago.

How was the communication? : Communication was excellent. Considering the time difference between here and Japan (12-13 hours) they got back to my emails soonest possible.

How easy was it to pay? : Trivially so - it was so easy I emailed them worrying there was a problem, and was assured there wasn't.

How long did it take to ship? : It took three business days to prepare my package for shipment, and three business days to get here by EMS. Excellent speed.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? : Very much so - the sculpt on Elena is detailed and quite gorgeous, even if I want to wipe and replace her original faceup. Her HG glass eyes track quite well, and her original wig is a shiny thing of beauty. The boots are well made, with a sturdy zipper and nice long laces. The carrier bag is excellent - it's roomy enough for two SD-size dolls and has little snap-fasten straps at the bottom to hold the dolls with so they don't shift around in the bag. The bottom is padded. but the top isn't. The strap placement is a bit unwieldy, but then carrying a 60cm doll around is also kind of unwieldy.

Did the item look like the sales pictures? : Here's my sole quibble with Volks - everything looked like it should from the website pictures, but the photo quality on Elena's photo set was a bit off, and her eyes presented as a murky brown rather than the rather clear, translucent yellow tone they are.

Were you satisfied with the product? : Very much so - she is rather loosely strung and flops a bit, shifting to sitting very easily when posed, but that can be solved when I do the sanding/coating and faceup myself. I do confess she is rather more cuddly than I thought that much resin would be, probably on account of the loose stringing.

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? : There were no problems whatsoever with this order.

- Mel

11. Ordered from their international site.

* What did you order? Clothes
      * When did you order? Beginning of November 2007
      * How was the communication? Good
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy, paid through CC
      * How long did it take to ship? About 2 days to ship from Volks, and 3 other days to arrive here.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? It was, very nice quality. But they kinda took more shipping that they had to pay (like always with Volks =_=)
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Absolutely, it actually even looks prettier in real.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes

12. Volks USA

what did you order? some clothes and a wig cap

when did you ordered? november 17th

how was communication? N/A

how easy was it to pay? credit card. easy.

how long did it take to ship? it arrived november 27th

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? very good

Did the item look like the sales pictures? yes

Were you satisfied with the product? yes

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A

altho... the UPS guy just dump my package on my doorstep without asking for signature, without ringing our doorbell and i did not give them permission do that kind of thing... i was not happy about that... but of course that is not volks fault.

13. * What did you order? Some random eyes and a few accessories and tools. MSC and whatnot.
      * When did you order? A handful of times, from a few months ago
      * How was the communication? N/A
      * How easy was it to pay? Simple
      * How long did it take to ship? A few days
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yeah. Horray for 9$ eyes?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yup
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes

14. All were ordered from International site. AS for US store, i drive there so i won't count that in.

* What did you order?------ordered SD13 Yori, SD10 NANA, SD13 EMMA, SD13 Tony, eyes, dressform.
      * When did you order?-------from late 2005 to 2007
      * How was the communication?-------very quick and clear
      * How easy was it to pay?--------very as i used my cc with no problem.
      * How long did it take to ship?--------less than a day if it's not weekend.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?---------yes, their dolls are very nicely made and worth the prices.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?---------shocking, yes, the dolls and everything is the same as stock. this is one company that images are not overly exaggerated.
      * Were you satisfied with the product?---------more than happy with all my products.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?-------i had a few problems with my log in info and it was fix within a day.

15. * What did you order? SD 10 Mimi, clothes, shoes, furniture
      * When did you order?2007
      * How was the communication? Good. got confirmation email of order then got email when item was shipped with tracking numbers. Also emailed them about a sofa that was not on their USA website but their Japanese site. They promptly emailed me back as they had a few in stock and instructed me how to order via email.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy
      * How long did it take to ship? Less than a week
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?Yes, remarkably so.
      * Were you satisfied with the product?Yes.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?N/A

16. I've ordered from the Volks International and US site on several occasions

* What did you order?
      Clothes, shoes, eyes, wigs, carrier bags... :sweat
      * When did you order?
      A few times this year
      Very easy
      Very easy
      About a week at the international site, and 2-3 days at the US site
      Yes! I was quite surprised in fact.
      They looked even better!
      I was satisfied with everything but I had a little problem with the eyes. I didn't notice until quite a bit later, but each one has a tiny scuff/scratch on the iris, and one has a little chip of discoloration in the iris itself. It's my fault for not examining my merchandise closely enough when I recieved it, and I'm sure it's too late to do anything about it. At any rate, the flaws are easy to cover if positioned right in the head.
      I'm sure if I had caught the eye problem when I first received them, Volks US would have helped me out somehow ^_^

17. I ordered from Volks USA recently.

* What did you order? LP-MSD/SDC/MDDG-Boyish China Set
      * When did you order? February 8th
      * How was the communication? I didn't have any questions or issues, but I received email updates concerning my order very promptly.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very.
      * How long did it take to ship? It shipped Feb 11. Arrived 2-3 days later if I remember right.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Definitely. This is my second favorite SDC outfit
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? It looked better in person than it did in the sales picture.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? I was very satisfied.

18. I just wanted to say that I think the reason why VolksUSA has products unaddable to their shopping cart is because they are special limited edition items that somehow become part of the regular always-in-stock items portion of the website. I noticed an item I was looking for of this nature when I dug back in their blog entries. The item was part of either a lotto or a monthly collection.

19. * What did you order? 14mm Metallic Light Blue Eyes
      * When did you order? March 08
      * How was the communication? I got a confirmation email right away, and a shipping and tracking email the next morning.
      * How easy was it to pay? Super easy, I actually prefer to bypass paypal.
      * How long did it take to ship? About 4 days - really fast.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Absolutely!
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? They look even better.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very much so! I'm getting another pair.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A

20. * What did you order? Various small items
      * When did you order? Multiple times, most recent was March 2008
      * How was the communication? Besides an order confirmation, there was none
      * How easy was it to pay? Very
      * How long did it take to ship? one week
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Over priced. Way over priced.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? No, they don't show the wigs in each color. Just with swatches. That's not helpful.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Not really, it was a dollfie dream wig and it doesn't fit the doll it was intended for. The fibers feel chunky and the ends are coarse.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? I didn't even bother.