1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Petition to get Little Jr. know as a Mini

Jul 24, 2007

1. Not quite sure where this should go but I will start it here.

I am quite aware that CH little Jr.'s are widely know through out several forums as being Tinies. But I can not stress enough how much I think differently. I personally have a Little Jr. Tera. She is smaller than the average MSD, 35cm to be exact however she towers over the average sized tiny.

At a recent meet-up in my town I discussed with several other collectors what they though of her size after actually seeing one in person, they all agreed she is an MSD.

At the meet-up I took size comparison shots to prove what I am trying to state here.

Firstly, here is a shot of Sage (my little Jr.) next to various Tinies. Sage is the one in the green dress.
      [​IMG]

As you can see she is not only significantly taller in height but also in her build.
      To be be quite fair, the only things similar in size, is her head and feet.

Next I will show Sage Next to various MSDs. Again Sage is the one in the Green dress.
      [​IMG]

If you look closely you can see that Sage was being temperamental while i was taking this photo and her hip wouldn't stay locked, and would only stay slightly bent making her look shorter than she actually is. Even with that said, you can see Sage is significatly shorter than they are, however her body structure is much more similar and proportionate to the MSDs than the Tinies.
      I am not quite sure the name of the doll, but the doll she is sitting next to I believe she is a Tiffie? If you look closely at Sage and the other doll you can see that their shins are about the same size, along with their arm and neck. Her arm and neck are also about the size as Daisuke's (the Bluefairy Jerome)
      The only thing that I personally can see that makes her different from the MSDs is her torso size.

Unfortunately there were no Unoas or Narae at this meet. Little Jr.s are more similar in size to them than any other doll. So much so that I only need to take in the clothes about an inch or so to fit her. Were as I would have to add-on to any Tiny clothing for it to fit her.

I'd also like to add that female little Jr.s are Smaller than Male little Jr.s, 3cm in-fact. Making them 38cm, missing the MSD cut-off by only 2 cm.s. Female little Jr.s are 35 cm missing the cut-off by only 5 cm.s.

I think the confusion with their size and where they should be placed according to that is that not many people have seen them in person. Before having Sage, I was told by one of the people at the meet that she was definitely going to be a tiny and I prepare accordingly. However after getting her, we were both shock by her over-all appearance and size. We both now consider her MSD.

Main reason for this is to get other peoples opinions and support in getting little Jr.s like Sage known as the MSD she is.

Thank you for your input and your support.

2. one problem with that, MSD are made by Volks and Little Juniors by Custom House, so they can't be known as MSDs.

They are minis though.

They wear mini clothes, and they are not really much smaller than my Happydoll mini girl.

3. babytarragon: she means "mini-sized doll", not "mini Super Dollfie", when she says "MSD". ^o^;;; this has *nothing* to do with Volks, and all about what size Little Jrs are referred to as.

I agree with Junia. although Little Jrs are 35cm (considered "tiny"), their proportions are very much like minis. in my opinion, whether a doll is a "mini" or a "tiny" should be based more on a combination of size and proportion rather than size alone.

4. This problem has been discussed rather a lot and there seems to be some confusion, even among the mods. I asked about it once on the thread regarding dividing doll sales forums by size and the answer was sort of given in the middle section of this post:

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1621414&postcount=11

Some sort of clear decision should be made and announced, at least in terms of the size specific discussion and sales forums, because I've seen Little Juniors discussed and sold in both the mini and tiny sections and it's confusing.

I've got a Little Junior Hades I adore. He fits in well with the minis. Personally I'm in the camp that puts Little Juniors in with minis. They may be a small, or sub-mini, but they're definitely not tinies.

5. agreed. Little Jrs are a bit shorter than most other minis, like about a head-height or so, but most tinies don't even come up to the breast joint of the Little Jr. it's like putting a Mastiff (BIIIIIIG doggie) next to a Labrador: technically sorta close, but that Mastiff makes that Lab look like a midget. :X

6. Marsh Thank you very much for your support. I agree with you 100%
      The main reason I believe there is confusion concerning Little Jr.s is not many people have seen them in person or understand their size, however upon actually seeing them, there ideas follow ours and they see that they are in fact more of a "mini" than a tiny. I will PM a mod to get their involvement and I hope this will get recognition, not only for a change in their size classification but also in their popularity. They are AMAZING dolls.

paperbot thank you for your support. Your analogy is awkward but make a valid point. Thank you.

7. You would have to include Narsha too because she is the same size as little Jr. female who is 35cm.

But DoA is not a democracy and rules are not based on user sentiment or petitions, in my experience.

Carolyn

8. the point isn't so much that she (being Little Jr female) is 35cm, it's that she is also a mature sculpt. if Narsha also fit this description, then yes, she would be included too.

and saying that DoA is not a democracy is, and I will not sugarcoat this, total bull. the mods are not dictators who don't take our input. but that's another arguement for another day.

9. I am saying the original decision, and all decisions, are made by the moderators.

I was the one that mentioned to a moderator a long time ago that the 35cm dolls were not included in any size group (at the time either all Little Jr's were 35cm or Customhouse did not have 2 sets of measurements on the site). The old DoA section subtitles were 40cm and up for minis and 27cm and smaller for tinies. That actually left even more dolls than Little Jr. and Narsha belonging nowhere. It also had the buzzword 27cm which was causing some plastic doll post problems for the Tiny section.

The moderators decided to include 35cm and lower in tinies.

And BTW I got disapproval from a moderator for asking opinions about the size gap in the forum first instead of just suggesting it to a moderator.

Carolyn

10. Carolyn.s http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1621414&postcount=11
      A mod even started that Little Jr.s are more-so a MSD than tiny, and therefore we should make it a staple from here on out that they be consider as such.

I am not saying that they are the kings and queens of the doll world, and should make the rules for all the BJD world. But change has to start somewhere, and this is where I chose to start it.

I am not trying to start problems so much as the knowledge that they arn't tinis. I am not talking about a size gap, I am talking about the classification of doll I personally own.

DOA is a very popular forum in the BJD world, and I am trying to use its influence to gain recognition for a misnomer in many places and forums throughout the doll world.

11. we decided it was best to put our evidence forth to all of the DoA community, rather than just PMing a couple of mods. we wanted input from others as well, and if any of the mods have any problem with that, then they will tell us so.

but please don't be bitter towards us because you tried closing up the size gap and somehow was "smacked on the knuckles with a ruler". you're coming across to us as being very bitter, which we're not looking for at all. we just want opinions to our "user sentiment": are Customhouse Little Junior dolls really tinies or are they minis?

12. Just to add my contribution, I never thought of them as tinies even before I saw them IRL. I always thought they were minis.

But I do think of Narsha as tinies.

13. I'm not bitter. I am very glad they ended up somewhere instead of in limbo, even though I personally I think now that all dolls that wear a form of 1/4 BJD clothing should be together. I am just telling you what happened to me in a similar situation with soliciting opinions about this type of issue on the forum.

Carolyn

14. It confused me too when I saw Little Jr in the Tiny forum, but I didn't really think about it.
      Now that I have a Little Jr though, I can see otherwise. He's more mini-sized then what I originally imagined.

[​IMG]
      This is my Little Jr boy with my Yo-sd. More pictures can be found here to compare the two sizes.

I just thought I'd add in my two-cents! It's very sweet that there are people who care enough about the Little Jrs! ^_^

15. thank you, hakai! you have two very beautiful boys. :]

16. hakai Thank you for your support. You have wonderful boys!
      And thank you for your picture as well. Your picture also help demonstrate how much bigger little Jr.s are than most tinies.

Sage is my first BJD and I care about her a lot. I want to make sure that people understand her kind of doll better, mainly because there are so many different opinions on them.

17. I have two Little Jr's - and to me, they seem to be Unoa size. (Which would make them Mini's, I think...?)

18. their proportions are very close to Unoa, but they are a few centimeters shorter. but yes, it should make them minis. :]

19. I would say, from the pictures, that they are closer to mini size.

20. I am definately in agreement with the Little Jr being minis. I'd always thought tinies started at 30cm, so the idea of them being tinies seemed weird. Especially with their proportions being more like minis than tinies.