1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iffy auction?

May 5, 2007

1. http://cgi.ebay.com/AOD-BJD-MINI-SU...ryZ84635QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

I can't find Angel of Dream as a doll company anywhere on Google. That's a really pretty doll, and a really pretty price, but I don't want to get something that's actually a copy. The mold looks familiar somehow, but I may just have seen this auction before. Can anyone tell me anything about this company, and whether it's safe to buy this doll or not?

2. No feedback either...

3. I don't know about the auction legitimacy, but I would recommend never bidding on a doll whose body you can't see.

The doll reminds me of Notdoll Angelica, but I don't know if it was any type of copy.

4. It's also not a good sign that the item location is "??, ??? China"...

5. I guess it's an all-around no-go, then.

Still, does anyone know what doll that is, or anything about that company?

6. I liked the ebay doll so I looked it up too. They have a website at aoddoll.com, but it's all in chinese. I love the first doll shown in thwe 1/4 category.

7. I couldn't get the pics to show up... :|
      It could be a new ABJD company's attempt to come into the scene... ?

I wouldn't bid. I've never even heard of this company before.

I Googled the site and it looked to me to be some message board.
      Also the girl doll with pink eyes looks like a crazy woman on the doll site stock photos... her eyes are crooked in the sockets. >XD

They do have more pics of the doll and body on the web site though...

8. i think it's just a new company, if you read the 'about us' they look ok
      i think the dolls look fine too, very asian like,i might look into this^^

9. Woooow. The bodies are kinda funky, but I sure do like the heads. @_@

10. It could be a perfectly legit new company and i hope it is cos i love the oriental looking boy they have.
      I find that they called their eBay shop 'HotDollzone' a little bit misleading as some people may confuse them with the real Dollzone and the fact that they have also added their address exactly the same way as Dollzone does on eBay too - ??, ??? China.
      This could all mean nothing of course - hopefully it's a new company! ^_^

11. All pics are now on the auction page and the first pic is a different doll to the others shown...strange. And are the other pics of Dollzone Fenyo?
      Curiouser and Curiouser

12. It reminds me of a Dollzone doll actually @_@

13. I could be wrong, but it looks to me like the top photo is the same as the closed eyed one on the "Angel of Dream" website

but the next two look like a different doll (my guess would be dollzone)

and the bottom picture is a side shot of a completly different head on the "Angel of Dream" website (the second one under 1/4 dolls)

so looks an iffy auction, but I can't see anything wrong with the company (or atleast I don't see anything that I think is coppied but I don't usualy browse the 1/4 dolls)

14. The head reminds me of DZ Fenyo, that could just be me though ^_^

15. yeah it does look like a closed eyed fenyo/bingli (can't remember)

if it helps, i can almost swear that third wig comes from Dollzone =w=
      at least it looks exactly like the one i wanted to get from dollzone...

and yes that last pic must be a different head. it's open-eyed for god's sake D:!

16. O_O Thanks to people for the heads up, I'll send the links to Dollzone -- that auction, the bottom pictures are DEFINITELY a fenyo, and in some of the side pics there's a Nina and a Demi. The top picture in the auction is of a completely different doll though. >.<
      The 1/4 boy looks like a Wing head ( though that'd be impressive, given that he's a 70 cm guy.
      The pink boots and other little things are Dollzones... gah! I'll be ffw this to them to have a look.

I've no clue if the guy is legit but ---
      1. no pictures of bodies anywhere.
      2. No feedback. We all started somewhere, granted... but usually a company will try to sell small things to build feedback before going into BJD auctions...
      3. You get your item in 3-5 DAYS???? O_o

17. I'm guessing the dolls they are putting up auctions for already have faceups, and they are shipping them out immediately.

EMS Express does arrive in 3-5 days, anywhere in the world.

Honestly, I don't see why anyone would take the time to copy DollZone dolls. They're already really, really cheap, and I don't think this auction is much less than DZ's 1/4 dolls. I don't see much profit in it.

Their shop name might indicate that they're a distributer for DollZone, or something. If you get a response from DZ, though, please update. I'm liking a couple of the heads from their website, and I don't want to buy a fake. x_x

18. I personally don't think they're copies - just a scam. Ie, the photos don't really seem to match. I did send an email to DZ though, so I'll post their reply!

19. They have my fav doll from their website up for auction too now.
      I hope they turn out to be legit - has anyone seen this doll before?
      I'm a'twitching and a'wantin one of these boys