1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Model Doll Mellow Cole

Apr 10, 2007

1. :D Wow!!! I'm so happy, and rather caught off-guard! I had no idea Dollmore was working on such a lovely doll! AND it looks like she's a standard edition!

I'm so happy to see more beautiful dark-skinned dolls on the market. If they make a model boy in this skintone I'm doomed to be broke...

*sigh* And here I was thinking I didn't need any more girls...I'm in love, I can't wait to see owner pics with different faceups~ :aheartbea

2. *jaw hits floor and shatters* SHe's GORGEOUS! And... I see no limitation number here! SHE'S NOT LIMITED! Oh, calloo callay! I've never been so happy about a girl doll in my LIFE! : DDD I've been wanting an African American girl, but they were always limited and not QUITE what I was looking for, but Mellow is amaaaaaaazing...! Oh I want her I want her I WANT HER! *starts saving $800*

EDIT: You know what I just realized? I think, by virtue of his name, that the new Model Boy is Asian, yes? ("Haneol" sounds Asian to me.) If Mellow is supposed to be his girlfriend, not only did they make a STANDARD African American girl (excuse me while I cry a little, this news makes me ridiculously happy) but they made an interracial couple, too. O: Yummy! (Now they need to make their kids, because I have never seen people quite as beautiful as those who are half African American, half Asian. For serious. *head explodes thinking about how pretty that would be*)

3. Yes, shes beautiful^^.
      add a bindi and she's Ashwarya Rai :love

4. She's amazing! I am with Sara, if Dollmore brings out a Model boy in this color, I'll be doomed to wanting them both.

5. I just saw her and she is gorgeous :D I've noticed a few doll places starting to create actual african-american dolls with gorgeous deep shades I've never seen used before, not just tans. Iplehouse has a decent amount of those dolls even a male, but they are all limited.But here's that link so ya'll can check them out :D Alot of them are sold out though X.x
      http://www.iplehouse.net/shop/step_submain.php?b_code=B20070312035403

6. It's kind of funny they call her tanned... because if you go thinking she's tanned she looks more like fried XD

She's beautiful but I do think I'd like to see some other makeup on her >.>

But it is a promising outlook on the future of darker toned dolls! <3

7. Yeah, I know about the Iplehouse boys--I want one! @_@ If they make a model boy in this color, I will weep with joy. XD Again. They need to make Indian dolls! (Like, Indians from India.) And Native American! O: That would complete my LIFE! (Dollmore, Dollmore! Make a male Native American Model doll, pleeeease... XD)

8. Oh yeah, Idoru I beleive I saw a preview of that Haneol doll with her, he's kind of in one of the pics a bit down but I beleive that him cause he don't look like the other males out already X3

9. I'd like to see her styled differently...The Dollmore pics strike me abit 'fashion doll'. A bit less shine on the lips and some nice dark eyes would be lovely.

(This is not America bashing! But I must ask, what makes her 'African American'? You get black people outside of America. In fact, many British people are black. Or even, quite a few Africans are black! So why the automatic assumption she is American?)

Edit: Thanks everyone for explaining it, I find it quite interesting. We don't really have the same mincing around it over here, even though we a PC crazy. I wonder if it's because in the UK there alot of black people who are 100&#37; British, there are alot of people who are 100% African but live here now, and we also have alot of people from the Carribean. So a label which referred to a country or continent wouldn't really work! (Label sounds such a terrible word but I can't think of another)

10. :love She is GORGEOUS! I've never really seen a darker skinned doll that did much for me but she is just...wow.

Aw, but it'll be years before I can afford her.

11. I guess AA because human nature is to identify what you know...I don't know any Black Brits....plus she looks like Tyra Banks to me.

and she IS a fashion model. I think that has always been the market for this doll because she is such an amazing doll to pose.

12. Holy f****** s***!!!!!!

........just when I decided to not buy anymore dolls until the NYC dollpa :lol:

Edit: Hahaha! I censored the F word with stars, and it still wrote "frakfrakfrak" XD

13. . _ . Actually, I said it without thinking. Used to hearing it, I think. Buuuh, black girls=absolutely gorgeous. I want her. XD

14. hee I was thinking the same thing :?

15. I know she's a fashion model, and she's gonna look great in catwalk styles. I meant, her face up doesn't bring out her beauty as a BJD and show what she has above Tonner size dolls. Sorry if I'm making no sense!

I totally get what you mean about identifying with what you know, cos to me she looks like my friend's beautiful older sister ^^

16. Can't you just see her with an Aaron doll?...Her as the super model Iman and him as itty bitty Prince...lol

I do however think she looks a lot like Tyra...And I totally get what you are saying about her make up...though I LIKE the shiny pink lips...she needs more dramatic eye make up and darker eyes.

The models are built like fashion dolls...fully bustalicious...she's a pain to sew for.

17. She's gorgeous!:D.IMO i think she's really versatile.She can be from Asia,America or Europe :D.Truly a great sculpt! I really hope Dollmore comes up with a tanned model boy!!:)

18. Oooof. Gorgeous. Reapeat after me : no more dolls till Dolpha, no more dolls till Dolpha (BTW, just heads don't count)
      She has a great face!

19. *chants with you* *_*

I would definately want to fill in the space between her lips though. They seem too parted to be filled with lipgloss. I would make that part darker, or maybe even give her the illusion of teeth. :D