1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Wigs for Bambicrony?

Jan 7, 2007

1. Bambi Crony's web site lists their 10.5 inch dolls' head size as a 6.2, but many people are saying that size 6-7 wigs are too big for them. What's the final word on wig size? Also, could anybody measure their heads around the head cap to tell us the exact measurements (I'd like to know if 6.2 inches is accurate).

Some people are saying that size 5.5 or 6 wigs fit better. Thoughts?

2. I use Monique and Kemper 5-6 for Melodiya. :D

3. I just measured around Gaspard's little skull and got 6.25"
      I'd go for smaller and stretch.

The Leekeworld 6/7 ate his whole head, but those aren't stretch caps.

cancan_jseries, kemper and Monique all have smaller sizes.

4. Thanks for the links. I swear I did several searches on this forum for both "bambicrony" and "bambi crony" and I STILL didn't find those posts. I hate duplicating posts ... I would never do it on purpose. Maybe I spelled the name wrong on one of my searches? Don't know.

ANYWAY ... you have all been very helpful.

5. I have also made wigs for several of the Bambie Cronies around here
      they do have a tiny head ...the Leeke wigs I had were too large
      which was a shame I love Leeke wigs
      CanCans were a nice fit
      but I LOVE to see these girls in fur wigs
      (search dosnt work for me either most of the time either )

[​IMG]

6. I ordered two wigs in advance of my Bambicrony's arrival--a Monique 5/6 called Pinky, and a mohair wig by Global called Penny (6/7).

The 5/6 Monique wig is snug to get on, but it stays. The Global wig has a little velcro adjustment, so it'll stay, though not as tightly.

Bambicrony sent me a blonde wig, which I like, except the wig cap is *huge*. I think I might be able to do some sewing machine surgery on it, though.

Marseille

7. Bunny - Are you looking for one like my doll has?

[​IMG]

It's pretty much white and has no bangs, though I don't know if it's as long as you want it to be.

I got it from www.moniquewigs.com You can find lots of different styles there and most give you many color options. Bleached blonde will give you a rather white color.

8. Are the BC elf heads the same size as Lati Yellow?

9. Oh I love your girl she is so sweet!!!!

yes that´s pretty much what I am loooking for, but I´d actualy like it in plain white, not bleach blond, dunno I think the pink pepe pic on bambicrony´s site has one...hell knows where they gor it

your girl is cute^^
      and I am ordering the same bootsXD, I got a pepe too but mine is grey and a mischevious fae

big fat bummer, someone back up there said leeke´s are too big..they have so many styles!:...( are they really that big on BCs?

10. I'm having fun fitting Sisley *and* my Cherishdoll Alley cone. some 5-6 wigs work, some don't fit either girl. I've ordered a couple of Monique wigs in a 6-7 for Sisley, since the ones in 5-6 were almost tight, and one didn't fit at all. I've wound up with a pink Pinky in 5-6 that doesn't fit either girl. I have one beautiful tinybear wig that fits, thanks to the wet/stretch thing, and I have a size 6 Cancan wig on the way. But today I sent my Sisley head off to be painted, so can't try anything else on her for about 3 weeks.

11. Thank you! :) I'm not sure where you could find pure white wigs.. I haven't really seen any. Have you tried eBay? Or you could put up a WTB thread in the Marketplace asking to buy one of the full-set wigs, which I'm sure some people will be willing to sell.

And I keep hearing that Leeke wigs are just too big on BC dolls, so I wouldn't waste your money if you have no other doll you could put it on instead :(

12. seee this is why the forum´s so great!
      I´ve been banging my head on the desk looking for a sloution and did not think about the fullsets! that´s right they have white non fur wigs!
      thanks for the hint^^

I did try ebay, but I´ll keep searching there too

13. I have a Can Can 6-7 on one of my bambicrony girls with a Silicone wig cap (like here http://www.denverdoll.com/wigcaps.html). The wig was a bit too big without the cap and now it fits like a dream. I love love love these caps. =D

14. If I want to get a Monique Ginger style wig, should I get a 5-6 or 6-7? It sounds like different styles fit differently, and I don't want one that's too small! Does anyone have one for their Bambicrony?

15. I had a Ginger somewere ...looks around confused :doh

I would go for the 5-6
      thats what size I had for my Unoa , and it was a tight fit

so would fit the BC :)

6 to 7 would be far to big

16. Here's one!
      It would be slightly large, but you can use the rubber band trick or one of the wig caps mentioned in an earlier post to hold it on. :D

17. oh god thanks!!!

I don´t know which trick you´re talking about but I´ll look for it!!
      thank you so much^^