1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The Dollshe side of the Dollshe/Dollmore copy issue *translated statement page 27*

Nov 21, 2006

1. Hello everyone Sabriell here!
      I think we all know about the Dollshe/Dollmore issue? If not look some more in this section.

So far we all have heard things from Dollmore's side and I think it's time to let Kim Ki Yong [Mr Dollshe himself] be heard.
      He posted at the Dollshe Korean Cyworld Club AND "For Bermann" a selfmade comparison slide so that WE can see for ourselves.

I asked somebody [DoA member RukawaGF] to translate the top part cause the pictures will speak for themselves, I need to thank Yumi for sending me this picture! {Thanks Yumi-chan I owe you BIG TIME!]
      So please read it and look for yourself...

--------------------

Translatoru note: I will put (?) when I translate loosely of that particular word. These are literal translations, so please understand if the sentences feel like they are run-on sentences. Because they are, and since I thought everyone would prefer a literal translation, I kept it as a run-on sentence.

Sabriell: All the (?) parts have been translated by shoofy ^_^ Thank you so much!

DollMore!!! I charge you of illicit original body copying!!!

Hello. This is Dollshe dolls' sculptor Kim Ki-Yong. And I would like to convict Dollmore for illicit copying of the main body frame. Dollmore’s creation, Model Doll-m Kyle (Ka-il) is made up of Dollshe’s Hound’s certain parts of the body, adding certain areas more putties and sculpting/cutting away technique, but Dollmore insists that they have created a doll entirely on their own, and it is this that I would like to convict them of. I’ve send many emails and had several phone conversations with Dollmore’s representative, Lee Eun-Young, as well as meeting her in person at the workroom and asked her to stop the project but she had ignored me so I am now forced to say this out in the open to the community. I will be meeting with Dollmore’s representative, Lee Eun-Young in the name of Dollshe company in regards that I have repeated myself several times that I won't make this a public news nor force a public apology, and not even taking this to the court, if they admit about the copy and legal jurisdiction of the creation of dollmore dolls, and I have said this repeatedly to them in the meeting, that if it is decided that the dollmore’s doll Kyle’s pictures below is convincing enough that dollmore dolls are indeed a copy of dollshe’s, then there is nothing else to do but to go through with the legal charges against them, but they have continued to ignore my words. And Lee Eun-Young in the beginning, added "Sold out" only and continued to stubbornly say that they will sell this doll and will fully take responsibility to confront any legal charges. Afterwards, I have asked several times for some sort of settlement or agreement, but they have ignored my phone calls and refused to even respond back. Also because I wanted to speak with the sculptor (????????????) directly and ask exactly what he was thinking when he totally copied of the dollshe’s molds and for what purpose, and asked for his contact information, they have totally refused me. And because the dollfie company world is so small, I did not want to cause any complications and just wanted to gloss over this disagreement, but I believe it was the Dollmore’s representative Lee Eun-Young’s who made this turn of an event into a complication that is unavoidable and I pity and am very disappointed of her. I believe Lee Eun-Young better be prepared for not taking care of the situation properly and for not saying a word of an apology. I will be hanging banners of comparison shots of illicit copies of dollmore’s dolls and dollshe’s houng body at doll flee markets and every doll events to propose dollmore’s insensitive copies. And I will research what every single legal charge can be taken as well as compensation for damages/loss.

From here onwards, I would like everyone to decide for him or herself after you see the comparison shots of dollshe’s 70cm boy doll and dollmore’s model illicit copy bodies. Please look at the comparison shots and decide for yourselves. And for those who are a fan of dollmore’s dolls, please, I would like you all to know that dollmore dolls are in fact, illicit copies of dollshes and fairly judge for yourselves in your own point of views.

How would you feel it if your creation was copied illicitly and used? And if these pictures are unsatisfactory in anyway or those who are still unconvinced, please see the true bodies at the events and then please decide for yourselves again.

And for your information, when I asked the Dollmore representative, Miss Lee Eun-Young, exactly what was she thinking illegally copying the dollshe dolls, and she said that she just paid for the creation of the new molds for the doll and that she feels that this is unfair for her as well. Meaning she knew that they were illegal copies as well.….. (when I asked ‘did you think no one would notice if you didn’t even change the joints and other areas?’ and she replied that ‘dollshe-nim’ said just use it so she did. ** She said that as long as the joint work was different enough to make it dollmore, so she said as long as it’s not the same… is what she said….. *** ….. honestly, this is so ridiculous, I have nothing to say) Even so, because dollmore’s representative is Miss Lee Eun-Young, there is no way out of this problem nor any excuse. And why aren’t they giving me the contact information for that sculptor (????????????????) the dollmore’s model doll Kyle’s copy artist???

**Translator’s note. This doesn’t make sense to me. –nim is like Lord or Japanese word for –sama. So it’s saying Lord dollshe. It can be a sarcastic way to refer to that "sculptor" that dollmore hired. [<<actually 'nim' is like Mr. or Mrs and 'san' in japanese.. it's a polite way of calling ppl's names. i don't know if he/she really is bein sarcastic or not but.. just telling u.>>]
      ***Translator’s Note: I’m truly sorry. I just do NOT understand this sentence at all. If there’s another Korean on this board, please translate correctly for me. I’m sure a different variation of the translation isn’t a bad idea. As long as it’s neutral stand point anyway.

* Below are the pictures of dollshe’s boy body and dollmore’s copy, model doll Kyle
      The darker/pinker one is Dollmore Kyle and the white one is Dollshe

[​IMG]

----------------------------

Cherished translated the lower part [from the pictures] Thank you so much hun!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you for looking.

Sabriell

#1 Sabriell, Nov 21, 2006
      Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2016
    2. O_O And I thought I'd be the only one to notice the similarities in someone's recent comparison....

3. ChocoMeijin, you are not alone...O_o

4. Agreed. :sorry

5. Thanks for posting this..... it is very interesting. It's so sad to think that people would just blatantly copy another persons creation!

Judy :(

6. Oh wow *ouch* :(

7. This is some crazy stuff right here. I mean, it's bad enough that Dollmore carries boots that look like copies of the Musedoll original chain boots (like Magic Tailor), and the swords they recently released look like the cheap total rip-offs the were floating around Ebay a while ago, but now this....

I want to see how this turns out. I really like the Model-M body, but I can see the similarities, myself. It will be interesting to see the buffer body as well, and a comparison of it. Perhaps that's why they're changing the body so soon, and have supposedly already altered the sculpt for the Kyle's released after the first run?

EDIT: The main reason this upsets me is that Dollmore refuses to cooperate or even talk about the matter; ignoring someone is no way to prove your creation is legitimate. If they would deal with this in an appropriate fashion, and be more willing to contact and share information, it wouldn't look so bad. Their evasive behaviour is very off-putting. If they feel they are falsely accused, then why do they avoid him? Why not talk it out, and try to show that what he accuses them of is wrong? I'm sure that once again, there are two sides to this, but it seems...a bit off, wouldn't you say?

8. Oh Good grief.

All one has to do is really look at the pictures and the differences are obvious.

It is a real shame that Kim Ki Young feels he has to do this. It'a a HUGE shame.

He never needed to lower himself in any way, His dolls are glorious, just as they are, and their market strong.

9. Gayle, when the insides of the dolls start to have the same markings on them, I would think Dollshe has the right to be concerned. =/
      Certain things really do look similar; and if it was the case that Dollmore copied Dollshe's designs, I would expect something to be done about it.

10. It's interesting, but having seen the *complete* dolls next to each other, they do look different to me.

I am not a lawyer, though.... and if Dollshe wants this to be proved as a copy, they have to do it via a lawyer/court or elase it really is just one company's word against another.

11. Wait-the differences are obvious? I'm sorry, I'm in no way a Dollshe or a Model doll expert or fan-though I like the faces of boths-so I'm looking at this with a newcomers eye, and I can't see the obvious differences that are supposed to make Kyle's body anything else but a copy. I think it's totally Mr.Dollshe's right to take steps, this is copying-no matter how you look at it.

It's a shame because Kyle has a pretty face and there are lots of fans of him here on the board-who of course don't want to say their doll is a copy-but seriously..he's the same, even on the inside O.O

12. Yeah- the insides looking similar is the most compelling evidence here, but it should also be considered that there are only so many ways to set up moulds and put dolls together.

13. Some things look similar and some look different.

I wish there were some better pictures, somethings I don't even get what they are trying to point out...

14. I would like to translate that part for those who do not understand:

These are the areas where there's a bit of spots caved in. in the beginning when we were origionally making this, it's one spot we missed and did not clean up and make it smooth. this area is perfecly identical. While I"m taking these pictures and posting them next to each other, it's just making me so ANGRY. Dollmore's Lee Eun-Young, Do you still not realize your own mistake?

second part:

Here is the inside picture of the belly. You can see where when we made the origional mold and when we pressed the mold together and accidently made this bump, the dollmore's doll has it in the same position and same shape as well.

(above is loosely translated)

also he explains in detail how it's possible to do the "adding putti and cutting away technique" as he writes next to the pictures.

he also mentions that it's pretty ridiculous how even the hand's "line" is the same and says something along the lines of "i thought each human hand had different hand lines"

they got too long and didn't get to translate. I just wanted ppl to know this though.

15. The pictures seem to speak for themselves to me :/ I thought there was similarity, but it was just a passing glance. I never thought this issue would turn out to mean more bootlegs >_< It's getting stupid already.

16. Fair enough, I will research the inside markings.
      That certainly could be "questionable".

However, the fact remains, that aside from a similar elbow joint, and general leaness, these boys are nothing alike.

I have held, moved and played with both. Dollmore has done something totally different, that allows a range of motion my beautiful Dollshe boys couldn't dream of.

And, a further point, copyright law in the US, states VERY clearly,that if an item is changed by 30%, it is considered an original item.

The range of motion in Kyle, clearly establishes that percentage.

I have no idea how Korean law views this, but my current understanding is that there are virtually NO copyright laws there. Especially with no written contract.

I am not saying that is right, or wrong. But, there is no legal case here. The differences between the two dolls is marked, and the posing ability alone, stamps it.

Again, I am sorry to see that this has come about. Dollmore has sold so many Dollshe dolls for Kim, with so many beautiful faceups. It is a HUGE shame that egos and fear are getting in the way here.

Kyle has NEVER been a threat to the Dollshe fanbase. And I would advise anyone that might think that, to join Houndcalling to see it for themselves, We are FIERCELY in love with our Dollshe boys

17. Pfffft.

Remember the Yukinojo vs 70cm DZ body similarities? Frankly, the DZ looked way more like a copy to me (from photos) than the new Model Boy does to DollShe bodies. That is something to be upset about.

The new Dollmore body is clearly not the same level.

Please check out Soom bodies compared to Delf bodies, or DoC bodies to BF Tiny Fairy bodies. You'll see similarities there, but nobody thinks they're copies.

Just because it's tall and lanky does not mean it's a rip-off of DollShe -___- DollShe is not going to always have its monopoly on 70cm dolls.

18. There may be a legal case, gayle, but that would be for lawyers to decide.

At teh moment, this is one company calling another company liars, and we know this cannot be resolved that way .

19. Oh dear. This is very...unnerving. ._.;

Certain aspects do indeed look very different,
      but some of the similarities are obvious,
      especially the markings on the interior.

I love the Model boy body,
      but this has me a little concerned.

20. I completley agree with you Guide.