1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Leekeworld [Limited Edition] Kiel Ent discussion

Apr 20, 2011

1. Here's an old picture of Solveig just after I glued in her magnets. You can see the proportions of the wood style antlers/horns pretty well here:

[​IMG]

The twig horns are much bulkier by comparison, so I think whether or not they'll work for you will depend on how/where you position them on your doll's head and if you like the overall largeness of them.

As for clothes, these girls have a tendency to look like they're wearing a potato sack if you're not careful. Their chests are so much smaller than their hips that generally to accommodate their lower half, the upper half of the outfit will be too large. If you can, I'd recommend finding or making something that really comes in at the waist, or that you can pin in the back to make sure that you keep her upper half defined.

2. Thank you for the photo - I have the other style which look to be bigger. Might give the poor girl a headache!

I'll try and keep an eye out for clothing that's smaller at the bust then, although I'm hoping to commission at least one outfit that will fit her. Mind you, all this talk and she's not here yet!

Those eyes that your girl has are amazing.

3. Thank you! ^^

I'm definitely planning to get the poor girls some clothing, but I've been pretty lazy about getting myself around to it. >_< I've got a lot of poor, nekkid dolls who are waiting for me to learn how to use my sewing machine.

I'm not sure if I'll do any other blushing on them beyond the fantasy parts, though, since they'll be a lot more covered once I do get around to clothing them.

I ordered my entaurs with blushing on the fantasy/ent parts, but not the human bits. I wasn't too fond of the bright pink blushing on the blue & green resin. They should be even easier to clothe, since they'll only need tops. xD

4. My Soda Ent, A WIP
      [​IMG]

Adopted the set when i went to a local BJD Meet. After seeing everyone's lovely pics, I'm so anxious to start. I'm just waiting for the LW Gentle Volume D body to arrive.

One of the Leaf Wings was floating off the trunk at the time and the head started to roll to the right a bit; when i snapped the photo. I thought it brought interesting movement to the photo

Details: dolly trunk made by me from on Old LV wallet and craft jewelry box. Hand hammered and attached brass trims.

5. eosthilas,I forgot to say how gorgeous your girl is. Definately, one of my favourite ent girls. There don't seem to be that many around.

wow, MaudiB I'm really impressed that you made the trunk! I can't wait to see what you come up with on your girl. I'm so relieved that they have added the gentle body to their normal orders as I hope to have a second ent when I can afford her. I love the entaurs and looking forward to seeing more photos of them.

I like the floatiness of your photo!

6. Yay, you found the ent thread, Maudib05! I'm seriously so excited to see what you do with her. :)
      (This is Mimsy from Dairyland, btw)

Thank you very much, Smudge! I love her to bits.

7. !! Leeke told me the more mature Ent body wasn't going to be available as a separate purchase. Now I want another one since I love the body. But I don't know what head I'd put on it... since I don't have any spare heads at the moment, and no heads calling out to me to be purchased. Well, I don't have money either, ha ha.

8. OMG...cool. I thought that was your Soda (the dolly that started it all for me) but I wasn't sure becuase of your DOA user name. Im like drooling hand to mouth with anticipation for her body to get here.

It took me a bit to find this thread cause it's called Kiel ENT...
      Isn't Kiel the name of the sculpt for the one Ent with no mouth?
      So I thought the thread was only for the Kiel sculpt.

9. I think a lot of people use 'Kiel ent' to differentiate between the mini ent girl (Juwel?) and the tiny ent girl. But yeah, Kiel was specifically the extremely anime-faced one.

I'm excited to know they are selling the 'ent' body separately. Time to try to sell some spare doll things and pick one up.

10. The body I got is a Gentle Volume D body. So I assumed it was the Ent body without the special clear legs.

The promo pics do show the magnets on the back.

11. Yeah, I wouldn't use the clear legs anyway. :P Too bad the body is out of stock right now, must be because of their winter event. Oh well, that gives me time to save up for it. And figure out what head would go on it.

12. It's in stock look at the tabs to the right marked DollLeeke D type. I think it's going to be a regular item like the A line and S line

13. Understandable! I was registered here on DoA first, and picked a username that I used for about 90% of my online accounts since I never run into any "this name is already taken" issues. When I signed up at Dairyland, I thought that since I was potentially going to be meeting most of the forum members in person, I should go for a username that other people could actually pronounce when I introduced myself. :|

When they first released the Ents, it wasn't clear whether they were referring to them as Ent Ver. 1, or Kiel ent (At least not to me...but I may be special.....). I think because they offered so many other sculpts in addition to the Kiel, the name kind of blurred. At first in my doll listing, I had Solveig down as "Kiel Ent (Soda Head)".

14. Yes, I thought kiel ent was the general name for the whole group as well being one of the characters.

Does anyone know the majority of the ents on the leekeworld pictures are white skin?

15. Oh, how weird! It was showing out of stock when I looked. Can't buy until I get tax return anyway haha

16. The Kiel for sure is in Pure Rose skin, but I think the rest are a mix of normal and white skin. I think the Honey is in Natural skin, and maybe the Sweet as well, but due to how the photos are exposed, I can't tell one way or the other. The Soda, Cutie and Pumpkin look lighter than the others in the photos, but I can't say for certain on anyone other than the Kiel.

17. I could be mistaken, but I seem to recall that someone asked about the skin tones back when the order period was open, and they were told that all of the girls were in Snow skin, with the exception of the aforementioned PureRose Kiel.

18. Malayrush and eosthilas, Brilliant, thank you!

19. Thx for the link to your mnf. She looks great in those horns - more to scale. Yes, pls take some photos of your ents! I'm desperate to see more. This thread is so quiet, we could do with more spam!

My girl has shipped! Now it's just the anxious wait until she gets here and whether or not she gets through customs without being caught.