1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Negative Feedback for Ricky Doll

Jul 10, 2009

1. When I asked her to send my refund via bank transfer she claimed it wasn't possible because she didn't have an American bank account. Which is news to me, since I can send money to Korean bank accounts from my American bank so I'm not sure why the reverse wouldn't work.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

2. Well nearly ALL the Western Union locations in Korea are at Korean Banks. This is why I asked her to send me my money that way. There will be absolutely no excuse for her not to send me my money because it's easily accessible where she is, it's in her language and all she has to do is fill out a form.

If she doesn't agree to it, then I'll talk to my bank. There is seriously no way she should be able to say no. I'll be taking further action if she tries to refuse to send me my money.

3. I'll be waiting to hear. Seriously this has gone on LONG enough.

4. This morning's email:

Okay time to call my credit card company, I'm done with this stupidity.

5. As of now Ricky has had $270 of my money for eight months. I emailed to ask her WHY she won't use Western Union.

6. I emailed her and said there was no reason for her not to use it. HELL I even said she could use PART OF THE MONEY SHE OWED ME to cover the fees so she wouldn't have to be out of pocket because I just want it back. I got this as a reply:

She said she was trying to open another paypal account. I said she should make an exception and use western union to sort this out because there's no reason why she shouldn't be able to transfer the funds that way when paypal wasn't an option. I said I'd been waiting long enough for a refund and that I didn't particularly want to wait another month for her to do whatever she's doing.

That being said, we're apparently waiting for another shipping period??? What the hell.

7. I asked why she wouldn't use Western Union and got this:

You know, I think we're well beyond the point where Ricky gets to pick and choose the refund method. If I'd ever gotten the doll head I'd have sold it by now because I actually kind of need the money. $270 is not small change, here.

8. I agree and I'm rather resentful of her blaming us for starting a dispute.:x

I'm not envisioning a long career in this business for her.

9. One of my friends noticed that Ricky currently has several of her dolls listed on Yahoo!Japan and has in fact been continuing to sell on Y!J the entire time we've been having problems with her. Funny how she is perfectly able to accept payments from those people, but it is simply IMPOSSIBLE for her to refund any of us.

10. It's been the four weeks she requested. I just sent her another email asking her to transfer me the money. If she makes another excuse, I'll bring this point up with her about receiving payments for her auctions.

11. Have you heard anything back? I emailed her a few days ago and haven't gotten a response.

12. Well, it's been five days since I emailed Ricky and I haven't gotten any answer. I sort of feel like I'm out of choices. I'm going to call my bank and see if there's anything they can do (last time they claimed they couldn't since I authorized the charges, but since I authorized them as payment for goods and never received any goods it seems like they should be able to do SOMETHING). I'm also going to file a complaint with the IC3.

I really have no idea what else I can do, at this point.

13. Okay, I sent Ricky a THIRD email today, since she hasn't responded to the one I sent five days ago or the one I sent ten days ago. She's been posting photos of her dolls on her webpage and posting to her blog, so she has internet access, she just hasn't bothered to respond to my emails.

14. I ever order with rickydoll and I got my my bad experience with this artist doll.

In her websie said the doll will shiped within 60 day
      but Ricky made it toooooo lateeeeeeeee for 5 months (or more for other people)
      I'm order my 17body on 3rd order peroid

Ok, at first i understand that doll producing may be has some difficultly on thier way... that is the thing I known in common...
      but, Ricky also has very BAD communication with her customers anything is NOT clear she is NOT going to do anything
      to tell her customer that why she send the dolls late than the shipping period , there is only "SILENT" I got from her.

And There's NO any notice e-mail or anything to tell her customer til she was complain by customer and asking many
      and many time about shipping the dolls. I asking her for three times or more about my shipping peroid and the email
      she send to me is copy paste same as the other. But during that time she still play game and update her blog but no
      any update about the dolls she is selling, like there's notthing happen and "that" make me soooooooooo worry
      about my doll and also my money!

And now I'm already received my doll for many months ago( about five months after order period I can't remember it well)
      but I just give her a feedback(sorry about I'm very late for this) and this is why I WILL NOT going to do business with Rickydoll again
      because she's lacking of the good communication and also responsibility to her customer.

ps. sorry about my poor Eng.

15. I ACTUALLY GOT A RESPONSE FROM RICKY TODAY FROM AN EMAIL I SENT HER! Okay, apparently her account is limited til the 16/01/10... so she asked me to wait 2 days. Hopefully, I'll be emailing/hearing from her then. I'm not COUNTING on it, but I will be doing a check with paypal later today to see if that is the case or I can confirm this in any way.

Hojo: Sorry to hear about your bad experience too.

16. I would be SO HAPPY to see my money again, I cannot even tell you.

I was just thinking the other day that we had to be right up against her Paypal reactivating, it's been so ridiculously long.

17. I too, got that email. I won't count my chickens quite yet but.....

18. I'm a little bothered that I didn't get the email. =_=

19. Oh my... well recently emailed her and called her a crook and a cheat... maybe that's what did it?

20. I emailed her a week or two ago as well. I didn't say anything of the sort that you did, but I said if she can't pay me, I'd at least like compensation with a doll head that I was meant to get, or some other doll head she has made in the time I've been waiting. I said that I'd waited over and above what she asked me to last time and didn't hassle her at all during that time, so I'd like it if she got back to me.

I'm hoping that THIS time we actually get somewhere... it's doubtful, but I'm hoping.