1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Horses for larger dolls

Sep 12, 2006

1. Actually, my boy comes in right at 63 cm, that's why I feel it's definitely a little too small at least for me. So I'm gonna see if I can't put together my own, jointed, horse.

2. I am not sure where to post this so here goes.

I was in Target yesterday and I saw horses that are too big for my 43 cm. girl. They are made for American Girl size dolls and looked to me like they would fit the 60 cm. dolls. They were about 2 ft tall. The price was $30. This is a lot less than I have seen this type of horse before. They had wig hair mane and tail. The rest was hard plastic and, IMO, needs a more realistic paint job.

The other thing I saw was a kettle type barbecue. Again, it was too big for my girl. It was about 1 foot tall and cost $20.

I recently bought through eBay a barbecue that is the right size for my 1/4 size dolls.and it is about 8 inches tall. I really think the larger size is right for 1/3 size resin folks.

Since there seem to be Targets everywhere in North America and Australia, I thought this might be of interest.

3. I've bought a lot of the "My Generation" line for my DoT Shall, including the motor bike/scooter, chair set and bathtub. Very reasonablly priced and a pretty good fit!

I never got the horse or grill set, but they sound tempting!!

4. Target has some interesting stuff. :D

Right now, in the toy section, they have $2 bowling ball set (10 pins and the ball). And MSD sized putt-putt putters (really just golf pens) in the dollar section. I noticed the bar-be-que as well, but I think it's a bit too wide, but certianly pass-able!

Also, staples is selling little container boxes that are to scale. I love finding stuff like this. XD

5. As a relative newcomer here i can't believe no one has actually made a scult of an actual ball jointed horse! There seems to be all sorts of amazingly talent laden artists sculpts out there and surely there is a demand for such a creature:aheartbea
      Ohhh,my mind is tripping of into changeable face plates and of course they could have whole mane and tail wig collections.
      I would be on the waiting list for sure:D
      My real life horse does seem a little big for SD size girls:doh
      Will keep watching for that equine scult methinks;) It has got to be just a matter of time.

6. ARE there any bjd horses at all, whatsoever? I read somewhere that there are some very good model horses (1/6 scale, tho) made by Dragon that have flex joints, but all I can find online are Breyer and Johnny Wests.

Has anyone ever been able to find a Dragon model horse w/the flex/bjd joints? If so, where? I'd really appreciate this info. Thanks!

7. You know I think Mytwinn has discontinued the Brown Prancer. I can't find it listed anywhere, :...(

- ShadowHawke -

8. It sounds incredible- but also like it would be very expensive due to the amount of work, materials, etc. Can you give us any idea of an approximate price range?
      Although, I guess given how much the BJDs cost, we really can't complain about the cost of a custom horse!

9. The Quarter Horse is selling for $84.00+shipping. Back in February they had a lovely brown Prancer and it was selling for $63.00 or so and the Q.H. was selling for $72.00. Then you have to buy the tack and saddles, so yes even the horses for your "kids" gets expensive. But they're soooo worth it.

- ShadowHawke -

10. Ooh, this makes me excited! A future doll needs a horse so I'm glad to see there are horses for him! And luckily he doesn't need tack for it XD

11. I just saw the Brown Prancer on their website today. They wanted $80 + shipping for it.

12. I have several of the target ones. They're great for MSD,but the paint jobs aren't super. I've had t repaint mine to get them looking remotely horsey...

13. I think I may have to try buying a plush and then building a relatively jointed wooden framework and putting that inside it. Or, better yet, make the framework, then cover that with muscle shapes in styrofoam, then that with something velourish and stretchy... *plans* I'd have the legs be simple tongue and groove joints, but each leg and the neck would be wired to pose.

In this economy and with what I've spent on my dolls themselves, I prefer to make as much as I can for them with what I already have, and I know I could come up with something suitable for a 6ocm+ given time...
      I might even sell them if I figure out how to make more than one with any kind of ease.

14. In my opinion My Twinn Horse is suitable for 1/3 scale and Flocked Horse from Dollmarket a nice size for 1/4 scale. I have one of both of those horse types and, even keeping in mind maybe something a little higher could work better, I am glad they still play the role. I also think My Generation and Battat horses may get the accurate scale with MSD. Even with so many good ideas around about how to make your own, let's say, BJH (Ball jointed horse) I can't imagine myself trying to create one. The expenses, the time and the talent sometimes are too many things to happen at once when we want.

About My Twinn Horse, I am really hesitating since I read:
      Might it mean I'm right and My Twinn Horse and My Twinn Quarter Horse are different types of a same kind? And is it possible to get a My Twinn Horse white?

15. I have one of each and they're the same scale, Misato-swan. The new horse is a different color and in a slightly different pose, but it's the same size as the older one.

16. Bittersweet, because of the fight between wishes and pocket, happy news, Brightfires, but I really thank you them. The truth is that is the best I could hear about the case. It is real what I was afraid of and I could fall getting another and different My Twinn Horse. Who knows? Let’s time. The why that I am glad is a new chance is there and I really thank you for telling me so. :aheartbea

Ahoy, ginarolo! My truly deep thanks. What a gorgeous amazing job the one brighnasa made, that wonderful horse, and it has been even funny reading and bringing back my big memories of that kind of My Twinn Horse huge box. Can be sure I will hold that horse customizing tutorial information and hope I may use it in the future with a next, wishfully white, this time Pegasus horse. :) Everlasting thanks. I must confess I am still wondering wings.

:aeyepop: Yikes! I did not remember those ones, uno-kun. Appaloosa horse from Appaloosa Horse Set (20 inch x 13 inches to the back) is a couple of inches higher than the Dollmarket horse I talked about and sounds like odd in proportions. Brown Horse Standing (15" x 13.5") measures three less tall, what I am afraid means definitely too short. The Dollmarket flocked horse I mentioned is "Doll Market Flocked Horse with Sound 18’’" and, as far as I know, is not on sale in that store anymore from a long ago. I found and got it, in fact a couple of them, from Dollmarket between May and June, 2006 through and thanks the suggestion of another store which used to sell it too, but that stopped selling it some time before than Dollmarket. I am really sorry for that. Wish the info might help you in the hopefully case you may find yours. ;)

17. Hey, I wanted to alert you guys to an inexpensive, jointed horse that's available at Walmart from Paradise Horses. I finally found it online here: http://paradise-horses.com/our_products/horses (scroll down to about the middle). The listing says it's scaled for 18" dolls, and it's only around $30 or $40. It's not as realistic as the other ones mentioned in this thread, but I think it's a good deal for the price.

If anyone has one already, I'd love to see pics with your kid!

I don't think I'll be getting one myself; an SD-sized horse would be more suited to my needs.

18. http://souldoll.com/shop/step1.php?number=1912 The unicorn that souldoll is going to release isn't on topic as a DOLL but it'd make an excellent Noble Steed for some dolly. I'm wondering if it will fit small SDs or only be big enough for MSDs to ride it.