1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Clothing for Volks SD16 girls?

Dec 19, 2006

1. Yes I did, thank you. There are some more pictures in the knitting circle thread.

2. Bit of an odd question here, but can anyone here tell me what the fingertip-to-fingertip measurement of an SD16 girl with arms outstretched would be? I'm making a little surprise for a friend and need to know this to properly determine the size: I've found listings online for shoulder width and arm length, but the charts don't say if arm length is just shoulder-to-wrist or includes the hands as well... :?

3. Smilla - I'm getting 21.5in. I was measuring on a soft surface so I hope that's accurate enough!

4. Thanks so much, idrisfynn! This garment isn't the sort of thing that requires absolute laser precision in measurement, so that's perfectly fine.

(Please forgive my deliberate vagueness here...I don't want to say anything specific enough that it might tip off the recipient and ruin the surprise if they see this post. ;))

5. After i got my Ami Ayase i tried allot of things on her
      [​IMG]
      Musedoll clothes fit really well
      [​IMG]
      Victorias handmade clothes are incredible and fit sd16
      [​IMG]
      And this dress from unknown maker

6. I was actually looking for measurements for the Sd16 girl when I came across this thread - I also found the database for size comparison etc.
      According to the charts - the Domuya large fem body is pretty close as is Soom Super Gem girl body. Does anyone have any experience with either of these - eg - would Domuya clothing - or the Soom Super Gem girl clothing fit the SD16?

7. it would depend on what the garment was - in a fitted top - most likely not, the bust position is different even though very close to the same size. The Soom Super Gem would be the better fit of the two but the SD 16 has a very small waist. Her hips are closer to the Rainey girls in size.

8. I read this thread from the very beginning to the end and only found this tidbit about Dollfie Dream Clothes fitting SD16 girls.

I e-mailed Volks USA and this was the answer they gave me:

Does anyone in here know if Dollfie Dream Lingerie from Volks fit SD16 girls?

I'm really curious because I want some pretty lingerie for my Lizzie.

Thanks for your help! :)

9. I only know that DD panties can work on SD16s. Not sure with the tops. More than half the time, they don't fit. It's a hit or miss.

10. I've tried some Dollmore Model doll clothes on my girl, it's a loose fit, but I like it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Has anyone tried Iplehouse EID Women clothing on a Volks SD16? IH is coming out with some cute stuff I would love to get for my girls...

12. As much as I wish they could share clothes I really don't think they can. I've seen a voluptuous Jessica in person and she's much bigger than my SD16 girls.

A look at a measurement comparison:

SD16
      Bust: 25.5cm
      Waist:17cm
      Hip:26.5cm
      Arm:19cm

EID
      Bust: Large size : 32cm : Medium size : 29.5cm
      Waist: 21 cm
      Hip: 32 cm
      Arm: 20.2 cm

Based on those measurements I'm thinking the EID clothes won't look good on SD16s. :(

13. I've got some EID dresses - to fit SD16 they really needed to be totally resewed(

14. given the vast differences in measurements - I seriously doubt the EID garments would fit the SD 16 gals. I can do some trying on tomorrow but I think it would be pointless

15. As i just received my 16KIRA, i would like to find some shoes for her,especially high heels~
      Does anyone know how model doll's / EID's / LEEKE's heel shoes fit with 16's high heel parts?
      Could they stand well?
      and how those shoes fit with 16's flat part?

thx^^

16. the SD16 flat feet are quite small - mine wear regular SD sized shoes with her flat feet.

I have only used Volks heels when her heel legs are on

17. I did some research when I first got my Ami Ayase that suggested that Leeke heels are too shallow an angle and that Model Doll shoes are too long for the foot to fit securely, I believe... Aside from the Volks high heels, I found a pair of heels from mimiwoo on eBay that fit perfectly and allow my girl to stand without any problems at all :)

18. I've read on this thread an others that the Model Doll shoes are too long to fit the SD16 high heeled feet, but looking at Dollmore's website it looks like their high heeled shoes have different lengths - everything from 10cm to 8cm long - so do some Model Doll shoes fit well? Because an 8cm long shoe seems like it should fit.

Edit: Nevermind! I get it - obviously it's because of the different slants of some of the shoes - a higher angle would cause the shoes length to measure shorter - derrrrrrrr.... :P

19. In Columbus,ohio we had a Doll show today,so I was able to try shoes on my Ruby,without buying them.:)
      Here's what fit and didn't fit:
      Didn't fit..can't get her foot pass the first strap....:(
      http://cgi.ebay.com/Shoes-Boots-1-3-Super-Dollfie-AOD-DOD-BJD-etc-SH58_W0QQitemZ160422062207QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2559e6687f
      Did fit and she can stand in them :)
      http://cgi.ebay.com/Shoes-Boots-1-3-Super-Dollfie-AOD-DOD-BJD-etc-SH47_W0QQitemZ360246983967QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item53e064bd1f
      Doesn't fit...Her foot went in fine but the boot wouldn't zip-up pass her calf..:(
      http://cgi.ebay.com/Super-Dollfie-SD-Shoes-Boots-SH03-Black_W0QQitemZ360219483022QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item53dec11b8e
      post:201 and 213... they fit,but she can't stand..they are big..
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?337255-What-fits-an-IpleHouse-EID-woman/page11

I hope this helps..:fangirl: