1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angell-Studio Baby discussion part 1

Oct 19, 2007

1. He is such a cutie! Can you tell that his head is translucent and his body isn't easily, or do you really have to look?

2. Thank you Stephanie and mysteriousracerj. The difference in resin isn't really that noticeable in person unless you really look. One good thing is that the french resin sort of reflects the color of his neck, so it appears to match really well until you see him in different lighting, or if you hold his hands up near his face. I got his body second hand, so it's a bit yellowed and has some defects (could use a good cleaning up again, too). But it poses like a champ. He might be my best poser out of the whole crew and he's not even sueded. An expressive body like that goes so well with his cute face and the personality of the character. I love the combination even with the slight mismatch. It still would be great to get him a body from the same company, though.

I've heard some great things about the A-S bodies. Let's bring this thread back to life a little. :) Anyone have awesome posing spam using the A-S body?

3. Hello! I'm getting ready to order an AS Bella in Tan, but before I do I really want to make sure it's dark enough for the character I'm trying to shell. Could anyone post a picture of their Tan little one next to some of their other non tan dolls? The comparison photos on AS for the resin look good, but they aren't always that dark in person! Thanks!!

4. Hi everybody ! I ordered via "a mint on card" the beautiful Cassie limited. But I don't know how much time it takes before shipping ?
      Someone has an idea ? 1 or 2 months ?

5. @Maxtastic: I'm sorry I haven't checked back this thread for so long! But your Gus still looks really good. I'll have to try out those tips after my exams end! I'm desperate to get my Rue back to a normal skin tone. If anything I might even resort to dyeing her to a flesh tone, but that's a last resort.

6. Hi everyone. I don't know how active this thread is...but... I'll be taking a Kimi home from the event <3 (And 3 Agi friends) I was wondering if anyone has any pictures of Kimi? I can't seem to find very many..

I plan to get Ice & Snow someday, too. I'd just love to see everyone's Angell-Studio bunnies :)

7. Well I don't have Kimi anymore (I bought his head so I could have both sets of ears) but I can see if I can get a new picture of my Kimo. He's due for some love...

8. I'd love to see a Kimo, too! I wanted to get him as well eventually (to complete my bunny family) but he'll probably sell out by the time I can. >w<

9. This isn't a very active thread unfortunately, although I guess it depends on timing? x3; *shot* Like, sometimes it may move 1-2 pages within a day, then get quiet for a while.

Unfortunately, I don't have a Kimi either though >: I only have my cute modded Yuma uvu~ (who is still in the hiding, I should take the poor thing out and give him a new face-up...) I must say, I'm SUPER jelly of the you getting Agi friends ;A; I love them, they're so adorable and bubbly, but other companies have emptied my wallet TT_TT gahhh...

10. I understand. There are a couple threads that are not very active much to my dismay :c I'd love to see your Yuma anyways :)

I'm curious to see which Agi they are going to give me since the are random o.o

11. I'll definitely post him when I get my new fixative (it's already been over two weeks since it shipped from UK...>.> *is getting worried* ) and give him a new face-up! >^<; I also need to smoothen his eye a little, because when my friend did his mod, she didn't have sandpaper >^<;

Me too oAo! Argh, I'm getting excited for you D'x You should totally post when you get them! (your kimi too of course! >w< )

(also I totally feel like I've been posting overly too much on DoA the last few weeks, and like I've been seeing you everywhere Shawnee XD I bet you are getting bored of me! LOL )

12. Ah, I hope it gets to you soon. It can be so nerve wracking waiting for something to come, especially if it's being shipped overseas!

I definitely will :) I hope people post their Abu's and Charlie's too!

LOL. You are totally fine. But I sometimes feel like that too <.< I hope people don't think I'm annoying because I seem to pop up in random places ._. But I like seeing everyone around :) Makes the world seem a little less huge

13. Yea...-m-;;; Well, if it delays too much, I guess I won't have any other choice and I'll just go buy some of the old from the hobby-game store -3-; I wanna do more face-ups!!! >3<)9

Do you think anyone bought Abu? D: I LOOOOVE Abu ;A; I want him so so so much! Glad he's unlimited, or I'd flip and quit this hobby LOL!!! (toomanylimitedsamg) I do hope we'll see a few around >:

[SIZE=-5]Haha! Glad I'm not the only one feeling like that XD I feel like, I'm sometimes becomming annoying too because, I don't usually post pictures/spam, since almost none of my resin babus are here with me TTvTT; (or don't have bodies or eyes or hair or etc)[/SIZE]

14. I wish I could do more faceups, too, but I'm so scared of sealant and ruining the faces ;-; I live in Florida, and it always hot/humid here!

I hope someone bought an Abu, I think he's just the cutest thing. (I LOVE raccoons! Hehe, maybe somebody will make a raccoon anthro bjd someday :D That would totally sucker me in) And yeah I agree, so many limiteds... so many adorable dolls. *o* Easy to go crazy in this hobby, lol.

How come your resins babies aren't with you? D:

15. Awww D: It's pretty hot here too, but I'm thankful to AC! *shot* But it's so sunny and hot, I've been having daily headaches, and that's not fun TT_TT; Today I've been with a headache all day because I'm out of painkillers fml! TT^TT; It's gotten better now (12am) but still...
      And well, if you spray like, 2-3 layers before starting the face-up, there won't be reason to worry of ruining the faces! ^-^ They'll be pretty nicely protected from staining and such. Rubbing alcohol easily removes it and if you find difficult, you can get pure acetone, and just work fast. I was pretty much freaking out the first time I used acetone from all the horror stories I had read, but I used it on vinyl for around 20 minutes before washing and the face is still fine XD

Hahaha! Awww, that'd be indeed very cute eee! *w* I don't have any 'special' love for raccoons (I do find them adorable! >w<) but Abu is just precious *v*//
      Yea, companies should just take it easy on us UAU;

[size=-5]Ahhh well X'D You see, my family doesn't exactly know about my hobby (and I've been in it for almost a year and a half wow...). I'm kind of too scared to tell them because they're not the very supportive kind of parents? XD; (and my bro just immitates dad...go figure). Even for my trying to get into Fine Arts, I mean, at first they were all 'meh, better go do smth better with your life', mostly my mother, my father was all 'do whatever you want, just don't blame me' but when I bought my PSP, he looked at it and then looked at me and I could see it in his eyes that he wanted to throw it away!!! TT3TT;
      So, because of this and that, I kind of give my dollies to friend to dolly-sit them till I move out of here and can live on my own (I'm living with my brother right now, and although the tinies are in full view and all, he hasn't seen the bigger one hiding in my bag and I don't want to know what he'll say if he does XD; ). So yea >_<;;; Right now, a few are at my friend's, the tiny ones and a few heads are with me and one big guy is hiding in a bag, day and night u~u;[/size]

16. That's terrible >w< I really hope you feel better soon. Headaches can just be the worst, especially when they don't go away ;c

So, Kimi will be my first ever Angell-Studio doll, and my second doll in a gray resin. I know with some grey dolls, the sealant shows up awfully white on their face when sprayed! Do you think that will happen to Kimi? How is AS resin? I know most of their dolls are the translucent one, but since Kimi is grey, she's the solid kind. I just don't want her to look ghost-facey because of the sealant ._.

Aww, Shai, I just want to hug you ;-; It makes me sad you can't be open with your dollies! I understand, though. I hide some of my dolls from my family, too. My mother likes them, but every time I show her one she's all "how much was this one?" ._. Even though I've told her I don't like those questions! So I don't really tend to tell her when I get a new family member~ Maybe I'll tell her about Kimi though, since she'll be my first AS doll.

I hope you get to move out soon. I live on my own, as well, and it's so nice to have my girls out and about in the house. It would be terrible to have to hide them!

17. I got Abu with my most recent order! I got him blank, my fiances going to blush him and stuff for me :3 I can't wait, he's so cute. He's going to go with my male xibao!

18. You got Abu!? Yay :D Does your Fiance have any plans on how he wants to blush him? I can't wait to see him either ^.^ I really wanted him, but I know I'll be happy with just the little agi chicks &#9829;

19. knowing my fiance, she'll probably do something super colorful! I'm giving her 100% freedom with Abu because he's going to be my little Clover (xibao)'s "imaginary friend" if you will ^^