1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Notdoll BOY Andante Espressivo discussion :D

Apr 30, 2006

1. So, I saw in the News section that Notdoll is releasing new dolls . . .

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61209

. . . and while Blanka and Bianco are super-cute (Little Fair/MSD-size), I'm on the FLOOR about "Andante Espressivo" . . . Notdoll's first MAN.

[​IMG]

http://www.notdolllab.com/shop/step1.php?number=320

He's 58cm and has a similar "dreaming vampire" expression to their "Janus" dreaming vampire girl, although I can't tell from photos whether his eyes are completely or just almost-completely closed (I think completely, because he doesn't come with eyes, unlike NotDoll's other dolls). I don't see fangs, but I have no doubt that he'll be produced with them at some point.

He's got a more anime-vampire style face (I could totally see him playing Alucard from "Castlevania", for example), but he's definitely very masculine and would be a fantastic counterpart to any of the Notdoll "Lady" dolls.

. . . Lysandra says that she didn't know she had a brother. X_x

Meep! Discuss! He's seriously amazing!!

-- A :D

2. Yeah, I could see him as Alucard... especially in the wig he's got on in the promo pics!

I remain a little unsure of the Notdoll trade-mark lips, but he fits their range perfectly, and it's nice to see a doll with a smile! ^_^

3. I'm intrigued by him but I think I would want to mod his eyes so that they were slightly open. I do wish he was bit taller. He kind of remind me of my gothic Namu Pullip (Serpent).

4. I have a feeling that they'll release an open-eyed or half-open-eyed version of him soon . . . they tend to do that with their other molds, I think Belladonna is the only one that *hasn't* had a closed/dreaming version.

Damn, I'm tempted. *sits on hands, reminds self that I have a living-room full of dolls that I adore, and that my husband will probably divorce me if I bring home any more*

*wibbles anyway*

-- A :D

5. I don't like sleeping/dreaming dolls, but if he'll come with open eyes in the future, I'm so all over him! Wow. :D

6. I think he has romantic expression in his face when I first saw him..

Is he about to kiss someone? :D

7. Love him and would love to see him with modded eyes!

8. i'm not usually into boy dolls, but he is so damn handsome and suave! he would be great for kissing pictures :D

9. *swoon* He could definetly be Alucard! Such a handsome guy!

10. :blush AUGH! I love him!!
      I wonder what the body looks like...he's so short!
      I'm the ultimate sucker for sleeping boys. *_* Boy dolls, that is.

11. He's very nice. :D I like him better than most of NDL's other dolls, which I think is because the NDL lips of d00m aren't as pronounced. ^^ I'd love to mod his eyes open... I think he'd look even better with them half-opened instead of completely shut.

It also occurs to me that he'd make a LOVELY girl... maybe because he looks a bit like Angelica.

12. I LOVE those NotDoll lips! That is really what first attracted me to my Belladonna. I do wish his eyes were open though...I really don't want a boy who sleeps all the time *_* I hope to see more NotDoll boys in the near future!

13. I love his face shape so much...flat face and good shape jaw....so pretty...

14. Love Nottdoll new man. He looks very charming!!

15. Lestat. Woot.

Second boy is cute in an, uh, quirky way. XD

16. Man.. NDL has made a boy that's just.. TOO PRETTY. Had I not already sworn off vampires....

17. He is a riot! Notdolls have a fantastic sense of irony. Any one else know what I'm talking about?

18. I like his face, but I love most sleeping dolls. :) Does anyone here know where I can find pictures of the Angel Region boy body Andante comes with? I know he'd be a little guy next to all of the other boys in the house but I'd like to see how his sculpt compares...and can anyone tell me what the resin is like? Or what kind of clothes will fit him?

Thanks for any help... (I've done a few searches for images of both AR Nik and Allern but it didn't turn up any body images, didn't see any at the AR site and the ones at Gigglegeek are too small to see properly.)

19. Actually, I'm not sure that he's going to come with the AR body -- it sounds like he's an entirely new sculpt altogether, unless I'm misreading. I got a (very sweet!) reply from Notdoll that they're going to take and post new (including nude) photos this week :>

-- Andi <3

20. Great! The description of him states that he has the AR body, but I haven't compared the measurements. *hopes for new sculpt*