1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream Realm BJD Antonio (70CM) Discussion Thread

Sep 20, 2009

1. ooooooh ! thank you, bishounen_hideto for making this Antonio thread. there is something about him which makes him very special and very exciting. i do hope that chinese boy follows us in here quickly to answer even more questions and to listen to all the *squeeing* :) .

he said that there will be 'four pairs of interchangeable ears' for each head. the ears are then going to be available as special 'body options' then, yes? for example: buy antonio, then opt to add one pair of "bat ears". or, buy antoinio and then opt to add one pair of "wolf ears" .

my biggest question is: dear chinese boy, are you planning on doing optional hooves for Antonio ? optional hooves, paws, or jointed tails which attached to the male bodies would be very desirable.

also, will you be selling each of the male 70cm heads separately ?

2. On the site it says 'Pink, White, and Yellow' in the drop down menu box for the FULL doll. Is that for skin color or hair or clothes?..I don't see many skin tones listed as 'yellow' so I'm confused..

By the way....he IS awesome!

3. oooooo, Antonio..... we like Antonio, his face sculpt is amazing, i love the long nose, the hooded eyes, and the lips.... oh my, the lips. i have a question too..... under the face up and clothing category, it says "crutches" i assume that is referring to the walking stick? that is very cool......:) i can't wait to see the optional ear parts.

4. sybilla: i think Antonio is going to come in the following skin colors: normal/pinky, WHITE, RED, TAN, YELLOW .

the optional resin 'parts' like the skull walking stick and the hair ornaments will also be available for purchase separately, which is a great idea. also, did you notice that there is a marvelous 'phantom' mask which will be available ?

5. I -love- the hair ornaments so I know I'll want to jump on those (and probably) the mask as well when I can actually order this guy some day. Anyone have any idea what the pricing is on those in USD? I was really hoping we'd see those appear, and had been afraid they were one of a kind pieces just for the photos. I'm -thrilled- to see them available.

6. I'm so excited that these big guys will soon be available in tan resin. I've been waiting for this! I absolutely adore them.

7. This guy's nose and lips are <3~ Wow. I cannot wait till owner pics of him get out. I'm speechless!

8. I'd love to know if any of the skintones would match luts realskin~

9. Did anyone else look at him and think Labyrinth.........Goblin King! or is it just me? That is so an outfit that Jarith wears XD

10. has anyone been able to 'scutinize' Antonio's knees to see if heliot's hooves could be attached ? i am really hoping that chinese boy is the sculptor and that 'magically' he is in his studio producing hooves which will be loaded onto the 'other' parts page and that they will 'just appear' the next time we 'refresh' the page :) .

luckyxxiii : yes: that is "very" labyrinth :) . i adore labyrinth and that is one of the first things that i thought of . how could Antonio not appeal to all of us who love 'that look' ?

come talk to us, chinese boy ! please say you have been busy figuring out hooooooves. i am not saying i 'love' these, but, even something like this wouldn't be bad :

[​IMG]

Besides, we need some discussion in here. this guy is gorgeous and this room is very quiet O_O .

11. The tanned skin Dream Realm Hunks would be the end of the end @_@
      *waits patiently*

12. i have my eye on a white skinned antonio. i am waiting for them to price just the 'face up option' separately.

i look at him so often, i should turn him into 'computer wallpaper' :) .

13. Thanks for everyone's patience. Li Wei could not quite understand everyone's questions, so we took time to translate them and get answers for you. One person may have asked a particular question and they are individually referenced, but these answers are for anyone who might have wondered the same things. All questions are answered to and in the order they were received.

So that we are all on the same page, all dolls sold directly from Dream Realm Studio now come only with version two body and version two head. Version two body has more muscle and anatomical definition and quick-change magnetic hand system. Version two heads are original, classic mold designs with quick-change magnetic interchangeable ears. to see the four different ears offered and how they fit with the version two head, please refer to the Antonio link in the original post and scroll down for pictures provided by Li Wei. All heads come with all four ear designs in pairs, at NO extra charge.

At this time, due to production schedule, if an interchangeable ear is lost or damaged, Li Wei can not send a replacement. We will keep you updated as soon as this changes.

DREAM REALM STUDIO NO LONGER MAKES VERSION ONE BODIES OR HEADS. THE MOLDS NO LONGER EXIST.

Cat ^..^: As you can see above, the four ears shown by Li Wei in the Antonio thread come standard now with all version two heads. You do not need to request, special order, or pay extra for them. This is Li Wei's way of encouraging creativity for Dream Realm owners, to thank them for them for their loyalty as Dream Realm begins to grow, and to welcome new owners to the Dream Realm family. :) To your second question about interchangeable animal parts or extra appendages, I had suggested this to Li Wei a long time ago at which time he said he would consider it but is not ready to release such items any time soon. He will let us know when he is ready to consider such a large and time-consuming project. For your third question, I will be making an official News post announcing that Dream Realm is now able to sell heads individually. If buying only a head and no body, all four interchangeable ear pairs are still included and you may also request a default company faceup just like you can with a full head and body doll order. The price will be list in the full News post.

Sybilla: the skin colors listed in the drop down menu refer to the new Dream Realm skin tones you can order. Along with the News post to be made about the version two head, pictures and information will be provided about the new skin tones plus the introduction of tan Dream Realm dolls. Please check there when the post is up. I will be sure to link to it from this thread.

Miss Ally: you are correct. Crutches refer to the skull topped cane. We will try to get the word fixed on the web site to avoid confusion.

Surreality: We are glad you like the Dream Realm accessories. The jade hair pin is especially beautiful and looks like real jade, doesn't it? It's US$18. The mask is US$25. They are both available for order. The best part is they are not limited edition, you do not need to rush your order to be able to get them.

Illves: I only own a Luts EL BeautyYellow, er BeautyWhite doll, next chance I get to go to a local Toronto doll meet, I'll see if anyone has a Luts realskin doll, and take picture comparisons. I'll probably try to do that for Volks and other brands as well if I can.

Cat ^..^: Chinese boy is in fact the sculptor! =D See my above comment about extra limbs, however.

Allebirthe: The wait is over! I will get more information on price and production method of the tan skin process.

Cat ^..^: The cost of any Dream Realm 70cm complete doll with only a faceup, no clothing/fullset is US$475.

I hope that adequately answers most questions people have asked so far.

14. Thank you so much for the answers! :) And yes, they really do look like real jade. It's quite amazing. I originally thought they were a special carved jade piece for the promo images.

The ears also look wonderful!

15. bishounen_hideto please thank chinese boy for his beautiful sculpt and thank you for taking the time and the care to answer all of our questions. i cannot think of any that you missed. i am particularly pleased not only by the beauty of the sculpt, the loveliness of the paint, but the wide variety of the options. offerring 'simple' things like the 'jade' hair clip and the mask as non-limited items are strokes of genius and a boon to those of us who covet such things.

now i just have to convince my husband that antonio is the most perfect, reasonably priced birthday present for me with the added bonus that he did not even have to 'pick him out' :) .

16. Thank you Bihsounen_Hideto! That will help me greatly, even if I can get information how yellow or dark the skin is compared to anything. :)

17. bishounen_hideto: question: resin match to Soom cream white. I have a number of Soom bodies. One of which might be used for Antonio's beautiful head. He would then have many clothes which would fit him perfectly :) . Is the Dream Realm white at all close to Soom's cream white?

Also: we are thinking of doing a group order for "heads". Are you 'up' for that ? :):) . Even if it was only a few, we figured we could save money on shipping from overseas to the states.

I hope that someone has painted a magnificent white skin Antonio head and put my name on it. I only want the very best one that Dream Realm will ever make and i am willing to wait for it. I am just trying to figure my order out :) . We love these guys.

Next question: Eye size. All of the eyes offerred on Dream Realm are what size ? Is it possible to purchase the same eyes a bit smaller ? Actually, i was loving the pink ones and the green ones (Eyes 012 & 013). I wanted more of the 'white' to show when the eyes are set in.

Also: thank you for your links to pics in the database. More, more, more :) please !

18. bishounen_hideto: Antonio is my absolute favorite of the Dream Realm boys so far! I'm also interested in what other companies the Dream Realm white skin matches! Do you have any idea if it would match Dollzone white?

19. Oh my goodness, my fullset Antonio arrived! He is fabulous and exactly as pictured! (Well, the eyes may be different but I am planning to use something else for him anyway.) The new body is gorgeous and his face up is really stunning! Eeek! I can hardly stand it - he is even more stunning in person than I expected! I don't have time to get him all dressed, etc. today, but I am hoping on Friday I can play with him for a while and will make sure to take plenty of pictures. So far, everything I see says that this is an outstanding, beautifully made, quality doll and I expect more of the same as I really go through his things and get him dressed, eyed and wigged.