1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Standards SD13 girl Rinon and SD boy Kanata

Sep 14, 2009

1. Didn't see a discussion thread for these two cuties so i thought I start one!:3

I really like Kanata's wig. I don't really keep up with the Volks releases, but is that a new style? Anyone know where I can get it?

2. Rinon has definitely jumped up to the top of my 'to buy' list!
      I just love the cute look on her face!

3. I agree! That's one of the best boy-styles they've come up with in awhile! They've got it on Volksusa.com... check the Dollfie Dream section. (Looks way cuter on Kanata, imho. ^^)

Kanata is absolutely adorable. :aheartbea Sort of Junior Ryoya...

4. Yeah, so many Volks releases only get chatted up in the Events threads and people rarely think to start discussions for them here. :(

I think these may be (okay maybe for just my purposes) the best standards I've ever seen them release! The sculpts are just beautiful! He has sort of a Tsukasa-ish feeling about him and she seems to have some kind of relation to Pearl. I wouldn't mind having both of them! :aheartbea

The wig looks like it's going to be the default all Kanatas will come with. I've never seen that exact cut from Volks before, it's awfully cool, huh?

If Volks has them in the stores mid-month rather than at the end of October - we're buying him in Japan and shipping him home! Then my Michele can have his fraternal twin Dorian, though he will technically be owned by St. James. ;)

edit : JN, is it the same wig as the DD version? They have such tiny heads! I assumed it would be a new size better suited for a resin head...I wonder if that means he's a bit of a pin-head?

5. Thanks JennyNemesis! Yes i love that style :D! Do you think it will fit a larger head though? like an SD13? (don't know much about DDs :sweat)
      And your right, Kanata does look like a baby Ryoya! I think Rinon looks like she could be Okita Souji's sister. The lips kind of remind me of Okita :)

6. Yeah I think so too! I really would love to have Kanata, but Rinon is really growing on me as well :sweat

7. It's very rare that I take a strong liking to a Volks doll, but Kanata really is adorable! I might be adding him to my wishlist! :3

8. Kanata just went to the top of my list :o I was going to order a junior delf next month which I kind of liked, since I wanted that size range, but Kanata is perfect :D

9. Kanata is really really cute and Rinon could definitely be Pearl's sister. I am definitely liking the direction Volks is going in with their sculpts.

4 of 6 of the last boy releases (Genji, Maki, Ryoya and now Kanata) have been must haves for me. My wallet will definitely be very unhappy with his release. At least he isn't lmtd. :)

10. Kanata is doomed to come home as my Nayru. xD But, but I have to wait. T^T Well, he's next! :3

11. Kanata is probably the first (well, to-be) standard that I actually fawned over upon first sight. If all goes well--or not well, depending on my stipend--I just might have to put him on my wishlist! :P Really though, he is wonderful. Have they always had that wig color, though, or is it totally new?

12. Rinon is my cup of tea
      How i wish she's taller *sighs*

13. i want them both! :aheartbea
      oh geeze....

first thing i was reminded of when i saw them was tsukasa and pearl xD <3

14. They are both adorable! Can't wait to see more photos, the ones on the Volks page are rather limited >_<

15. WHYYYY omg they're both cute =_+.....I wants..I luv them both!
      Will they also be part of the FCS option?

16. I think quite a few of their recent limiteds have come with DD sized wigs, Michele is listed as having a DD sized wig and he's never struck me as too much of a pinhead. I actually have no problem getting DD wigs onto my Kun, and she is the queen of melon heads.

Kanata is absolutely adorable, he's definitely on my wishlist for a grown up version of my BF May boy. He's giving me this nice Tsukasa/Hewitt lovechild vibe.

17. Kanata looks like a cutie! I'm really looking forward to seeing him with different faceups, and some eyes that aren't acrylics. :sweat It's very exciting that there's finally a standard I might want to add to my collection! :D

Almost all the new Volks dolls fit DD wigs best, since they've been making them with smaller heads than they used to. My two new boys, my Sch C & Michele, both wear that same wig, only in Pale Ivory. It's a really great style!

18. rinon is lovely! she reminds me a bit of kun. so sweet though. i would love to see what owners would do with them.

19. I'm so impressed with these guys. I was loosing my faith in Volks, but it's definatly renewed.

20. I've never wanted a Volks doll so much as I want Kanata! He's absolutely adorable!