1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Unidoll - Unilimited resale

Sep 5, 2009

1. News thread: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321387

Unidoll is releasing their limited line again. This time not in french resin.

I have been eying on the UH-03 for a long time, but three weeks sale is really short *_* So maybe I have to pass this girl TT I do hope there will be more unilimiteds now on doa ;)

2. I'm so incredibly happy! I just asked them earlier this week if I could get a UH-17 in urethane and the resounding YES was SO breathtakingly awesome.

3. :aheartbeaI have been looking for uh-o8 and had asked them about it also. I guess it pays to ask:aheartbea Does anyone know if they are the exact same as before except for the resin? I had the impression that UH-08 was 67cms like Rio and Ark etc. But I see the limited boys are 58 cms, Is that the way it was before?*_*

4. They are exactly the same as before except the resin type and color. :) The limiteds were before they did the larger body type for the real line.

The 58cm body is very nice! Much better than the Real (Ark, Jace, etc) body. The only issue I have with it is the wide feet can be a pain to find shoes for sometimes.

5. Oh what a temptation. I wish they'd done this before I bought my UH-08 in French resin -- only because he's the only French resin doll I own -- but he's spectacular, just a wonderful doll. I'm sure anyone who goes for these ladies or gents will NOT be disappointed!

6. oh no! only 3 weeks! such a short sale....well, there's always the secondary market some day. these are gorgeous dolls, i especially like the older to mid sculpts. :)

7. Does Unidoll offer layaway?

8. I hope that they would extend the period of resale :-(

9. I have the Uh-14 and absolutely love her!:aheartbea:aheartbea The french resin is beautiful. I also have 3 Uni-reals and though I love the sculpts, Dalia, Feanor and Berkut, I'm not too wild about the color of the resin.:( I've been in love with the Uh-08 for a while now and really like Uh-17 & 19. But not too sure about their height, they may be too short for my girls. Going to have to think about this and decide before the deadline*_* Oh the pressure!:doh

10. French resin is real love. It's got such a beautiful glow. I got Uni-real Ark and my sister got Uh-14 in French resin. My Ark is yellowed even more then my sisters Uh-14.

I'm still not sure if I should go for it. Uh-03 was so long on my wishlist. It is very tempting not to go for a layaway XD

11. I have the UH-14 Sint mentioned. ^_^ She hasn't yellowed much, but I put her away in a closet when I don't play with her so she won't be exposed to too much sunlight. It would be nice to see urethane UniLimiteds too that can stay a bit longer outside in the sun and decorate the room. ;)

Unidoll does layaway (4-8 weeks with 30% down payment when placing the order, I think) and I have been thinking about an UH-21, a second UH-14, an UH-11 or an UH-13, but this is just a bit too soon.

I do wonder if these UniLimited girls will get the old girl body or the same girl body as the UniHigh school line, because you can order extra hands now.

12. Unidoll said they are the same as the french resin version. So I think it will be the old body.

13. Oh man this is so not good, such bad timing for me anyway, but I have always wanted the UH-05, heck even the UH-11 is nice too. I don't think I can do layaway unless 1 of my dolls leaves soon.

14. Oh, she's my favourite too! I've wanted her for ages. :D

Ooh, can you tell me why you don't like the Real body? I've been thinking of getting Kaito, actually, but I've heard the body isn't very good. It's just hard to find information and photos of why people have this opinion. (I realise this is a little off topic, so you're welcome to PM me about it.)

15. @toveb: You too like the uh-03? yay ^^ Are you planning to order her? About the real body. I love it, but I like musled and details. It got his downside, but every body got them. If you want more details you can pm me ;)

Now on topic; I read in the newsletter every limited are not released in the same quanty. It said that they only release the numbers what was left after the french resin sale stop. I hope I misunderstond, because nr 1 till 6 were sold out before.

16. You are correct that they are being released in quantities to total 200 minus what was previously sold (unless they run out of time first). I believe they discontinued 1-6 more in an effort to conserve the french resin than because they ran out of the edition number.

I don't care for the size, muscles, and posing of the Real body. Compared to the limited body (which is fairly standard old style body) the Real body has some quirks. The low torso joint is only to make restringing easier and does not allow the torso to pose at all. The limited torso has much more range. The Real body does have double jointed elbows, but the ones in the body I had were so tightly packed I didn't even know about them until AFTER I sold his body. Posing shouldn't be a gimmick you have to find, but something that comes with ease. I've found I'm much happier with older style doll forms (Volks SD13, Soom Gem, Delfs, Unidoll limiteds) than with overly large or overly engineered dolls. Just personal preference. That said my french resin UH-17 has his quirks and limitations. He can't touch his face, but he's a great sloucher.

17. I was surprised at how much I liked some of the sculpts, particularly UH-01. But the timing is bad, and I won't be getting any of these guys.

It's good to know about the body though, in case one comes up second hand at a better time for my budget.

18. I wonder how many people are ordering in this very short order periode.
      You know, if they were like the soom limiteds, I wouldn't be woried I can't afford one now. Because you will always find one in the second market (ok high price, but still in reach). With the Unilimitids, they are very rare. Uh-14 and uh-08 are the most commen I've seen in the second market. I don't think I will ever see Uh-03 and I have kept eye on Doa, ebay, jpyahoo etc.

Meh, I think I just order her and see where it's going.

19. I think it's amazing that they're bringing their Unilimiteds back, even though it's just for a short while. I love UH-21 and I remember when I first saw her I was floored! She's so perfect! I'm just not sure if I'll be able to get her within that 3 weeks or before she sells out...

On a side note, I think UH-05 is gorgeous. I lover her nose!

20. Gah! The more I look, the more dolls I see that I want! Now UH-06 is also looking very tempting. :sweat