1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Serendipity Yuha and Lucian rereleased by Dollndoll - discussion!

Aug 16, 2009

1. :D :D :D

News thread

Lucian
      Yuha

I loved Serendipity, but they closed way back before I even got my first doll. I'm so glad that, although it seems Serendipity will not be coming back to make new mold, two of their discontinued molds are being taken on by Dollndoll.

I hope Dollndoll updates soon with photos of the body. I remember Serendipity bodies were really beautiful, and unusual in that they were chubbier and more youthful than most SD-size male bodies.

2. I may be incorrect but I thought Serendipity only closed their English language website and wee not selling directly to anyone outside of Korea. If that's the case perhaps there will be new sculpts in the future.

I'm thrilled there is a way for us to buy these sculpts again, I really like them both. Once I have a few incoming dolls squared away I'm going to figure out if I can work a Lucien into my group...:sneaky

3. I'm eager to see some pictures of their body *.*
      I hope DnD kept the original Serendipity body- I've wanted that body for such a long time!
      With free shipping, I'm very tempted. Now the only problem I have is the resin match x.x

4. haha!

That's what kept me from buying from Serendipity before when they had the English website. I was interested in the body at first because it's under 60cm and really cute but I could never find good skin tone comparisons. I was looking to see if the white was anything like and of the Delf white colors or Peak's Woods white.

But I like Lucien so much I'd just buy the whole doll and see what happens.:pcupcake

5. As far as I know, Serendipity slowly scaled back their sales until they finally did totally stop selling even in Korea...and then DollnDoll bought all the molds from them. *notice on the DollnDoll site from when they started to come out with their versions of the tinies*

I am hoping they put up white skin as an option, soon...I know they have it for their other dolls, so they should....
      It says "* It was serendipity doll 14 years old (about 58㎝)." in the description, so it looks like they do have the Serendipity body. They have discontinued selling their own boy body in favour of using that one, it looks like, as their old body is now out of stock.

6. Aaaaaaaah! That's for that info!

So their resin colors may be different this time around. I'll have to see if it's any easier to find comparisons between dollndoll resin and other types just out of curiosity. They are using the same promotional pictures from the old Serendipity site so those are not much of a clue.

7. Dollndoll resin is pretty nice, rather similar to Volks but more pinky. I haven't met the WS yet but I've got a head on order so can get a comparison with Soom WS next week.

Can't wait to see Dollndoll's photos, I like their recent photos so I think they'll be good.

8. I'm really excited about this, it seemed like these boys just weren't available for very long and not many people were able to get them. Yuha has been on my wishlist for years.

Does anyone know if Dollndoll's white resin would be a match for Dollstown freshskin or Glorydoll milky?

9. How close is the match? (DnD vs. Volks)
      Does it bother you at all? I want to get a NS DnD body for my Volks NS head, but I'm worried about the resin match :sweat

10. I haven't been able to get a side by side match, so this is purely from memory, but I don't think it's close enough to hybrid without blushing.

Out of curiosity which head and body of both? I've owned both the King and Diamond (when it was Serendipity Ismy!) and I'm wondering if both are a bit small for certain same size-bracket Volks heads, so am very curious about this ^^

11. I have SwD Syo and School C heads (not home yet, but I'm expecting them this week) and they're going to share one body (DnD King body).
      But I'm kinda iffy here because I'm going to be extremely annoyed if the resin match comes out to be... not so match-able >_>

12. I wrote to DnD a couple of days ago about white skin:

"Hello .
      Lucien and Yuha are sold by normal skin for the present.
      White has plan to sell late.
      And, they are not Limited.
      Is doing first sale by Basic version.

Thank you very much."

So white skin will come out eventually :D Anyone here planning on getting one of these boys?

13. Oh, Serendipity Lucien!! I've loved him for a long time!!

I wonder if their NS colour will still be the same as when Serendipity sold them? Or will they be Dollndoll's NS (if it's different) since the sculpts belong to them now.

14. Lucien! Ive been wanting him for a long time too! I'm soo ready to order him, but I think I'm going to wait until DnD post their pictures (hopefully soon!).

I'm also curious about the skin, I hope its not too pinky and a little pale!

15. I've got a doll needing a <60cm body, and currently, it's a toss-up between Glorydoll's and this! *__* I hope the resin will match. T3T

16. Back when I last saw them, I liked Lucian more than Yuha, but now I think I prefer Yuha... maybe... *_* I hope Dollndoll gets their new promo pics up soon, I'd have a better idea of it seeing the dolls in different faceups.

17. I will be getting Lucien in NS, but also will wait until the new promo shots come out first. If the default face-up blows my socks off, I will get it, if not~ will do it myself.

He is the perfect boy for my first SD size doll to add to my collection! *Squeee*

18. lol, i have the same feeling! Im going to rely on the promo pics to help make my decision... or maybe just wait till they release Yuha head separately. I hope Dollndoll also provide pics without faceup to help give me ideas!

19. Oooh, they updated with a listing for the body alone!

Lucien/Yuha body

Aw, it's just as cute and childlike (and actually rather plump by bjd standards) as I remembered. Time to start saving~ :3

I love his little fingers! Serendipity sculpts were always so delicate.

20. Ooh!

Did he always have a waist joint or did Dollndoll add that I wonder...

I think I might have to start saving ^^;

Edit: Is he Lucian or Lucien @_@
      The item description and watermark on the photos has an 'A' but everywhere else I see his name written with an 'E'. So confusing for searches!!

Edit2: The item description says the head is '9-10 inches' but I think that's impossible. He's 58cm with a head which looks small (for a BJD) on the body, I think he's more likely to be a large 7-8 like the Zaoll and Lati Reds. Yuha might be a larger wig size judging by the nude pics.