1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Unidoll Otter

May 28, 2009

1. So is anyone thinking of getting one? I know I'm tempted ^.^

2. Would love too, but how much? I can't find a price yet. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.

- ShadowHawke -

3. I don't think a price has been released yet ^_^ I want to know how tall he is >.>

4. I think he is adorable! I am tempted but will definitly need to see a price first...

5. Am I the only one who cannot see the pictures on the News thread? And where on the site is there news about Otter? I can't find any.

6. He hasn't been added to the website yet I don't think. The images are working okay for me, that's odd @_@ usually the other way around on my PC lol

7. Ok, now the pictures are working. He's(she?) cute, but sadly not for me. Maybe the next anthro mold.:(

8. Oh! It is an otter! That makes sense :) . *had an awful time trying to figure out what he was* :P

9. At first I thought s/he might have been a cow, but yeah...that was way off and now so obvious that s/he wasn't one. :sweat

10. i'm definately getting one... i love his cute little face it makes me think of my ferret...

11. Has anyone found out how tall this little otter is? My next question is... the tail, is it attached or magnet on? I guess these things won't be answered until the price etc is put out but thought I would ask just in case someone knows...

12. I'm anxious for details. Hurry Unidoll ;)

13. Very cute and interesting. But with the head proportion so large! Maybe hed look better with clothes. If he had bigger ears he would be an adorably cute cow IMO

14. I love otters, but the head is awfully large compared to the body. If I were to get one I might get a littlefee or some size of other body and then dye and mod it to match as a body for the cute little otterface.

15. Rosslyn: I was thinking of doing the same thing, I have my Bao on a Bambicrony body and it works really well. I wonder how hard it would be to match the grey resin though?

16. I so want the little Superman otter! *lol* He's so cute! But I promised myself never EVER to buy such a tiny doll again. Even though he might be doing very well next to my Cassie ... *sigh*

17. i originally thought these two were so cute. However, when talking to Kevin Kanirie this afternoon (the head of Dc comis licensing) i discovered that the likenesses of Superman and Wonder Woman's costumes and logos were not licensed to Unidoll. They basically just assumed that they could take such iconic characters, and use them without repricussions. Kevin stated that he never recieved a request for licensing from Unidoll for the costumes, nor the logos of Superman and Wonder Woman, both of which are registered trademarks. Mr. Kanirie has contacted the Dc comics legal department, and they are sending a cease and desist. He has stated that IF Unidoll is willing to go through the right channels, and pay for the license, they could work something out in the future for the dolls, which he agreed are absolutely adorable. But no matter how cute they are, Unidoll will NOT be allowed to make and sell these versions of their dolls without the proper license.

18. Re: comicbookartistboi

I was wondering about this and I am glad they are getting the big C&D. Normally I don't let myself get bothered by things like this but for some reason it REALLY rubbed me the wrong way. I don't work for DC but several of my coworkers do freelance and I came close to having them contact them. Glad you did.

They may be cute but yes, they should have asked permission.

19. Completely in agreement there. I've talked to a number of the different people that work at DC for a while now. Kevin and I just started talking when some of his co-workers looked at my portfolio. They are all really cool and nice people. He even admitted that the little otters were cute. However, it is a business. And the families of the original creators of those characters are going to want to be paid for the use of the characters.

Kevin noted the things that stood out most. how the costume on Wonder Woman otter looked in design almost exact to the chest design. And how the Logo looks like the old 40's design.

I'm sad that Unidoll is starting up with using and selling stuff that does not belong to them. To me, this is no different than stealing a mold and using it to cast your own dolls. You are stealing something that does not belong to you, even if it is just designs. They were wrong to do this, and i hope that these particular designs are not allowed on DOA, due to the dishonest way that they went about this.