1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angel Region Little Fair Discussion part 1

Jan 11, 2005

1. the website says 5.8cm long for foot measurement - but theyre a little wider than some others too. i cant take measurements right now, i'm about to head off to work.

2. I've got a Bluefairy girl, so same body sculpt, same feet, etc. I've not had trouble finding shoes for her, though. I have a pair of cheap Cancan Jseries laceup boots that fit her perfectly, and a pair of Volks boots I got from Y!J that are also a great fit. Both will fit with or without socks, even.

The one pair of Dollmore shoes I've tried on her are the ones from the "Where are you going Alice" set -- really cheap Mary Janes. They're a very, very tight squeeze, but I can get them on her feet with socks if I try REAL HARD.

3. The AR maryjanes she came with fit lovely, with socks. I was just wondering which companies are good matches, cuz dollmore seem a bit hit-and-miss...

4. Go with Dollheart, eLUTS, Souldoll, Volks, Anotherspace..

Leeke shoes are too small, some older Dollheart shoes are too small as well.

5. i've actually been considering buying a dollheart outfit for a while. :)
      I'll see if that works, thanks

6. The thing to keep in mind is that with Dollmore, they get their shoes from different companies. I can recommend Dollmore's little sport shoes for AR/BF and the canvas slides. Both seem to work pretty well for my guys.

7. with all these new skins and stuff popping up (with DOC n kid delfs) does anyone know if their hands would fit AR now?

mostly DOCs cos I really like them haivng to use strings than the screws that are really making me scared I'm going to twist-snap them out again >_<

8. Ive seen a lot of normal msd's and they're hands and i still think AR has the pretty-est.
      I had a ar ren girl with normal hands and they were amazing! Really pretty.

I hope to replace my petsha's hands for AR hands.. but for now i will just need to sand down her fingers..
      I really miss the s-hook system AR uses now because my mnf's hands aren't half as posable D:

Owh i have some pictures for you from when i splitted her fingers:

[​IMG]
      Touching her earring ^_^"
      [​IMG]

9. Aww <3 Your girl is just sueded or sueded AND wired?

I was just thinking, maybe i could do something about the hook and make it so it works like the DoD hands^^ instead of a " ? " shaped hook, I'm gonna try to find a " o- " shaped one, so i can "tie" it to the elastic instead^^

THe hook is bugging me because sometimes I'm not sure if the hand was turned so much that it's twisting the elastic, which would cause the hook to be snapped out *_*

I don't wanna glue it cos it's easier for me to "twist the hand out" when I wanna unstring them^^;

it's just a recent incident of nearly losing the bloody hook and not being able to find replacement small enough ANYWHERE that's getting to me ><

10. I just bought a new pair of eyes for my AR boy, and I noticed that the eyes he came with appear to glued in (or atleast that's what it looks like)

Out of curiosity for AR owners, do all of them come like that.

And if it is glue, how should I go about removing them?

11. I want to ask the same question I find that MSD sized clothing does fit Dana, but not always MSD size shoes. Any specific suggestions for shoes?

12. Link to news thread.

New fullset Little Fair dolls from the Platina Angels line.
      While they are listed together, you are supposed to choose one or the other.

The outfits are sold separately.

13. The thing that gets me is that they each cost nearly as much as a limited Fair, and those are SD sized.
      I can understand the clothes raising the price a bit, but not that much.

And the fact that they are listed together only serves to make it even more confusing.
      Plus, the Kai and Nell sweet cookie limiteds were offered both together and separately.

I can't say that I'm particularly experienced with AR's pricing though, so hopefully someone with more experience with the company can shed some light on this.

14. I wonder if their skin has anything to do with the price? The limited Kai from "Bedtime Stories" call their skin "rosy white" while Seio has the "milky white". Either way, they're very cute!:D I hope they release Seio as basic in the future!

15. I think what's causing the price to be that high is because both are made in white resin, which Angelregion doesn't carry for their standards. =/

16. Even though the direct link to the dolls still works, the angelregion website has taken down the notice about the Seio True Friends, and the Platina Angels section where they were listed ( http://angelregion.com/shop/step0.php?b_code=B20090213125401&c_code=C20090213010410 ) is empty now. They're still on the website banner, though.

-_-; I kind of wish AR would get its act together. When they came out with the new site and partnered with soom, I was hoping for some improvement from their wishy-washiness. They were so good back in early 2005. (and a white resin doll from them didn't cost twice as much as a standard. Our limited whiteskin Ren and Jade were only a slight markup over the basic dolls.)

I really like the Seio head mold, but the price was way too high. When I first saw it I assumed it was for both of them, because no way one could cost that much!

Maybe they've taken it down to fix a pricing error? We can hope, anyway.

LOLOL, there's no way /any/ AR boy has $5 worth of resin in his pants. =D My resinsoul boy gives my AR boys a complex. He might have a couple of extra bucks there, but no way the AR boys do!

EDIT

The dolls are back on the site! And much cheaper. ^_^;

you can also buy the outfits separately. :D

17. It's just me or Seiio outfits reminds a lot Ciel from Kuroshitsuji's one? XD

18. Ciel was actually the first person I thought of when I saw him. XD
      He just needs an eyepatch and a little pimp cane.

She might be. The circus performers in the manga arc have ball-jointed prosthetics.
      And in the anime, there was that arc with Drocell where they were turning little girls into dolls.

Good to know that the price was a mistake.
      I'm definitely considering the Seio boy now. :D

19. //revives thread//

yuh. Seio is one moody boy. I definitely see some Ciel in his stylization.^^