1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Re-using clothes and objects from other things for your BJD

Feb 12, 2006

1. OK, just an update: I got all those Just Pretend clothes (for slim 18" dolls) and they are AWESOME!!!! They fit my Sooah like a glove, even the two pairs of sandals : ). Now she has a wardrobe instead of just a few things, LOL. Will take pics soon. Am expecting some custom jeans in the post soon so will probably be after those arrive so you can see the 'dresses' as tops with them (since our 60cm girls have a longer torso than the 18" dolls the clothes were made for). But am very happy with my purchases, and there are some more Just Pretend clothes going up on ebay in the next day or so (the seller forewarned me) lol. Happy shopping!

(Please note, everything fits width wise beautifully, but remember, short things will be shorter on our longer girls! Also, The overalls will not work if they are pant/short legged, only if they are open like a skirt)

2. Ok, here are some pictures of most of the stuff I got, forgot to take pics of a few things, but maybe will do so later. Everything pictured is by the Just Pretend clothing collection made by Kid Galaxy, except for the jeans, which I had custom made on a commission thread here on DOA.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      As you can see, even the shoes worked, which I was very happy with : )
      Most of the stuff fits like it was made for her, and I'll definitely buy more in the future if possible.

3. some of the little apple doll outfits (they only come with the dolls) fit SD girls and MSD.
      Also some of the living dead doll outfits (also on come with the dolls) fit yo sized dolls.
      You have to buy the doll to get the outfit, but 15-25 dollars for an outfit is cheap when you think about it! (and now my leeke has a straightjacket hehe)

4. Alright, this has probably been asked a thousand times, but do any weird clothing items happen to fit a 70cm doll?

5. wow thanks for all the tips guys :) im off to ebay now hheheh!

6. I just find some TAKARA Jenny's clothes fit YoSD.
      Not too snug ones, because Jennys are thinner than YoBJDs.

Such as:
      [​IMG]

It's similar to Okita Souji's uniform~:fangirl:

7. I've seen quite a few wine bottle covers that work well. Sometimes old store stock and vintage clothing for old glamour dolls can work too for SDs.

8. Oh yes wine bottle covers, I almost forget that.

I've got one wine bottle cover made of real silk, but it was too small to my girls.
      And I gave it to my friend, here is her gyoku(Volks MSD Nasya).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. My Notdoll Lucy fits very well into Bratz tops and skirts (pants too lons unless shortened). Also some Blythe clothes fits as well.

10. I had a rummage around some of my other dolls and I found a ragdoll and her outfit fit my Viyol absolutely perfectly! I'll have to post some piccies :)

11. Here is my Viyol in a cute little set that a ragdoll I had lying around intended for repair was wearing, Viyol looks much better in it. A bit like an old fashioned pyjama set (don't tell I said that cus she's been wearing it out! lol) So, ragdoll anddress found at a bootsale for about 50p so bargain :)

[​IMG]

12. I have one, and their clothes are pretty much a perfect fit for that size tiny. I got one of them from ToysRUs when I was searching for clothes for my poor naked Bobobie tiny (the one I bought was the girl in the soccer set). Her clothes fit my guy almost like they were made for him. The clothes from them would probably fit girls better than boys because the shorts fit a bit tight across his groin, and most of those dolls are in dresses. I'd have tried one of the others, but my tiny is not a girly boy.

13. I found that the dresses that come on the bigger Disney Princess dolls at Toys R Us fit MSD dolls well!

14. I found a dressed and wigged porcelin boy doll in a charity shop today and his clothes and wig fit my Leekeworld Peanut! I'm over the moon!

[​IMG]

15. The dresses AND shoes from the Disney Royal Nursery dolls fit my Bobobie tinies just about perfectly. They're a bit on the short side if my dolls bend over, but a pair of bloomers or something would easily fix that.

16. I just got some pictures done and would like to share these asap!!!
      One skirt - three different sizes (from 24 to 28 cm dolls - 10 to 12 inch) and shown on dolls from sizes 24 to 43 or 10 to 17 inch!!! I now have officially decided this is the Boneka look for June 2008!
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG][​IMG]

I just started listing more items on my webshop, but thought I should share these first.
      I now have three of these skirts in my private collection - I am starting to be my best customer!!!

17. I found that Fun Bunch Buddies bear clothes fit my SD13 girl. The dress became a baby doll shirt to her and the skirt became a mini skirt. :)

Edit: Btw, I found these clothes at the local Dollar store.

18. I found an old crocheted dress that my husband's grandma had made that fits my luts kum-ran perfectly! oh it is gordouse! red and white and tons of skirt! some day i will post pics of it!