1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback for Domuya

Oct 11, 2007

1. Overall : bad customer service in my experience. I had a hard time contacting them & once I made contact, they did not follow through with their promise. :evil:

Background :
      I purchased some Flexi-bodies from Domuya.net during the first few months of this year (3 female & 2 male). I decided I didn't like them enough to fiddle with, so I sold them. Upon receipt of one of the male bodies, the owner contacted me because it came with female leg coverings (the others all fit, so it seemed to just be a packaging mistake on Domuya's part).

I contacted Domuya late July and said that I had purchased the dolls from them months ago, but I just found out that one set of leg covers didn't fix. I apologise for not contacting them immediately and asked if I could purchase a replacement or send the incorrect ones back for a switch.

I contacted them two more times without a response from http://domuya.net.

Around 08/19/07 I finally received a response from Domuya by using the email feature on http://domuya.com/ (I read on the board that someone had luck contacting Domuya this way). Domuya said they were sorry for the mixup & would send out a replacement cover set via airmail & that I did not need to send back the incorrect one. I thanked them & sat back to wait.

I never received them & all other emails (using the contact features to both to domuya.com & domuya.net) have not been answered :(

I did try two email accounts in case that was the problem, but I don't think it was.
      So I'm not too happy with their customer service.

2. I'm horribly unhappy with Domuya myself. Shortly after placing my order, I learned I was going to be moving- and no matter how often I've tried to contact them to change my shipping address, I've yet to get an answer. I'm trying to cancel my order now- I just don't want the doll anymore. I'd rather go with a company who can at least pretend to be reliable. :| If I don't hear from them soon, I'm contacting my credit card company.

3. Tried to contact Domuya for update (been waiting 10 weeks, but other people with identical items seem to be getting their stuff before mine.) No response thus far. No comment on items; have not been received.

4. I ordered a Fin, i had a wait of 8 weeks before she arrived but this was due to the overwhelming amount of orders they had received for the special offer - 8 weeks does'nt seem too long when compared to some companies delivery times anyway.

My order status was always updated quickly but...Don't expect replies to emails! The tracking number worked and she arrived within 4 days of shipping.

Fin is a great doll, i'm really pleased with the quality and the sculpt.

Marks out of 10 for doll 8/10
      Marks out of 10 for customer service 5/10

I have dealt with a lot worse companies than Domuya :)

5. * What did you order?
      fin
      * When did you order?
      * How was the communication?
      good,
      * How easy was it to pay?
      very easy
      * How long did it take to ship?*
      about 1 month
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?*
      Absolutely.I think it worth more than the price I've paid:)
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?*
      yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product?*
      completely, and I love the wig they sent me as a gift :)

6. Domuya was quick to answer the one question I had. I got the doll in a reasonable amount of time, about six weeks, I think.

The body is amazing, the resin quality compares to my older CP doll. What's put me off from ordering from them again is that she had a small nick in her side, along the lower torso joint, and another on the back of her leg, under her butt. They're small, but not small enough to sand out. She also had several grey scuffs on her body, from something metal.

The thing that really bugs me is that she has small grey marks on her face. I did not notice this until I had coated it with MSC, and was about to start a faceup. I'm still spending time every night trying to scrub them off. I've buffed the cheek they're on until it shines. Even acetone won't take them off. Also, a bubble has collapsed on the top of the ear on the other side of her head, which I haven't messed with at all. I would complain to Domuya, but after having the doll for weeks, I'm afraid of looking like a flake trying to scam.

I appreciate the fact that I got a $520 doll for $260 (+$75 for extra legs and feet) but the bubble and the scuffs that won't come off the face sour it. I know many people only wanted her for the body, but I liked the head. :doh

What did you order?
      Fin
      When did you order?
      August 30th
      How was the communication?
      Fine, but I only had one question
      How easy was it to pay?
      Easy, no problems.
      How long did it take to ship?
      About six weeks
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      If it were't for the air bubble on the ear and the scuffs on the face that won't come off it would be a steal.
      Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes.
      Were you satisfied with the product?
      More or less. If it comes down to it, I can always sell the head as junk an put another head on the body. The body is AMAZING.
      If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      Didn't contact them. It would look fishy after so long, like I screwed it up.

7. My experience with them wasn't bad..but the communication was horrible.

I bought a Domuya Zen in August..and emailed them like twenty times asking them when he would be shipped out..After about a month they finally emailed me back...And told me the date he would be shipped out. I waited for the day he would be shipped out and emailed them..because they never sent me a tracking number, etc. Finally they emailed me back stating that they would need another week. Okay..I was fine with that. I waited a week..got all excited..and then they told me he'd be shipped out in another week..It was overall very frustrating.

I was so disappointed in what he looked like when I got him I didn't even take opening pics..I was about to sell him right then and there. His eyes were too big for him..he looked scared. The wig they sent me and I paid 20.00 for..was junk. It looked like it was burnt or something and the fibers were all burnt together at the top like melted almost). I got him a different wig...and he looked a tad better...Needless to say..his foot was screwed in and attached by one of those little clips at the end of a lanyard. That fell out ..it took me several super gluing attempts to get his foot back on. I messaged them about the wig and that. (I thought I was getting two wigs because on the site it says "wigs" when you say whether or not you want it.) Messaged them again about the junk of a wig they sent me. And they never responded. I also message them about his foot..and once again no response. Overall, he has a new wig now.and he looks similar to the character I wanted him to be. But the face up is smearing off or something is going on. Not sure what it is. When I got him there was a tiny scratch in the face up. I don't think I'll ever buy from them regardless of how cheap their dolls are..BUT I do have one positive thing to say... The standard body poses amazing..he has a hard time sitting up 'cuz he's tight..but he can squat and stay like that..he can do a lot of things that my DOT boy can't even do. I have to give them credit for making a great body (other then the cheap screwed in foot.)

8. What did you order?
      Standard 60 cm female Flexibody
      Leather outfit for girls
      When did you order?
      August 21th
      Good, but difficult at times. It was very good when I asked a few question before I ordered, but when I emailed them about their shipping schedule, I had a hard time getting through. All of my emails have been answered very politely.
      How easy was it to pay?
      Easy. Although it took ages until my customer account got updated, so I could n't be sure that my payment got there in time.
      About ten weeks.
      Defintely yes (the body was 50 % of the normal price during sales period).
      Yes.
      Yes. The Flexibody is an amazing poser and works well with the head it was intended for. There are no seams at all. The stringing could have been a little tighter. I don't like the hands so much, they seem a bit too big for a girl, but the sculpt itself is okay.
      The clothes are lovely with lots of details and very well made.

9. The communication problem got worse. The first time I bought a Flexi D-One Syon (that was before all their "sales" offerings started). The communication at that time (over a year ago) was quite good - even concerning problems with some flexi parts.

As they had the sale on the Flexi-Dolls this summer I ordered a Flexi Perennial Fin - the only communication was from Domuya concerning the tanned skin: apparently there was something wrong with it as I could choose normal skin instead (with money back) or bodyblushing (I'd have to pay them money). I choose normal skin. The Fin arrived after a bit more than a month loosely tossed in a damaged and very thin cardboard-box. Considering the distance she travelled it was a wonder she was still in one piece with every item and the extra head inside. But I had a to email them several times to get the money back I paid for the tanned skin (as a gift certificate for their website). At that time they did respond to emails (that was in August).

I ordered another Fin, a Flexi D-One Rei and a Flexi D-30 Bobo in August (all without face-up). I ordered them separately (a week apart).

I waited two months for the dolls. They arrived all together without the extra items of the Fin. The shipping cost I paid for all my 4 separate was $ 171. Never got a response from Domuya concerning the missing items. I tried it via the "contact us" option on the domuya website, via "regular" email to their email address (two of them: orders and support). I tried sending Candy of Domuya (using the address from the email they sent me concerning the tanned skin) but I never received an answer. I tried for about two weeks...

They never answered my emails. If you are lucky and you got everything you were supposed to get with the order you made it doesn't matter if the repy to emails. But if you have a problem with the order you received - no answer to your emails. If you buy the doll in their reduced-price time that's not so bad as if it happens when you pay full price for the doll. I really don't know if I would buy from them again. Maybe small items, but not a doll for the regular price.

10. What did you order?
      Zen with flexi-body and shinobi outfit for him
      When did you order?
      August 20th or something
      I didn't really communicate with them. I asked them to do two things when placing the order and they did both.
      How easy was it to pay?
      Instantly and very easy, through paypal.
      It was shipped in the beginning of October, well, as estimated.
      Yes, absolutely. I bought it during the sales with 50 % discount, and the quality was awesome for this price.
      Yes. Zen, he is quite a special doll, he appears to look differently on almost every set of photos I see. But I was happy to find him looking exactly as he was on their pictures.
      Yes.

11. What did you order?
      D-1 Syon, standard body
      When did you order?
      August 24th I believe
      I never had a reason to e-mail them.
      How easy was it to pay?
      Great for a first-doll customer.
      From when I got the notice to the box being here, about 3 agonizing days. ^^;
      Very good, there's only a dark speck or two around the inside of his knee. I'm very pleased.
      Kinda, the face-up he has in the pictures make his nose look too narrow, so I had to search for other pics.
      Very, though I kinda wish I had gotten a flexi body. I like this one very much, and I haven't tried wiring yet, so I may keep it.

12. Unless all the other negative feedback for Domuya I'm really happy with the customer service!

I got a reply in 2 days, and my saisha arrived in only one week!
      she is beautiful, but one finger and a part of her leg were broken but I am getting the replacements tomorrow (for those free part I had to pay 33 euros on tax, cause it was 3.3kg T_T)

What did you order?
      Domuya D1 flexi perennial Saisha
      When did you order?
      Somewhere in January
      Really good
      How easy was it to pay?
      Great!
      from paying till arriving 8 days :)
      Yes !
      Sort of
      Yes I really am ^^

13. Right now I'm having a problem with them, and it's kind of upsetting. Way back in August I got a regular Domuya male body. Well, they were going to take considerably longer to ship it than stated on the site, due to a doll convention. After explaining that I wanted it in time for me visiting someone (who I was having it shipped to), it was sent in time for that.

Well, the person I was visiting came to visit me, and stepped on his hand. Three of his fingers were snapped off, RIGHT before a meetup. The super glue would NOT bond his fingers together again, but it smeared on his palm. I couldn't really repair his hand, I need a new one.

So I told Domuya what happened, the person I spoke to said no problem! And I bought a pair of new hands. Well, they arrived and they're COMPLETELY a different color. That's understandable, resin is changed. So I emailed again asking about it, and was told that the resin color had, indeed, been tweaked.

No problem! I emailed then asking what the person's advice was, as I've never had this happen before. I said that I could send the one good hand back (or the bad one) and wait for a resin batch that was close, or if the person could offer me any advice.

Then... Nothing. For two weeks or so. I emailed again, and it's been about a month with no word at all, and the body and head just aren't quite right for the character I had in mind. So either I somehow manage to get a new pair of hands, and can sell the body, or I take it as a loss. I wouldn't mind if the person had emailed me back saying "Maybe you can find hands on another market" or even "I'm sorry, there's nothing we can do" but they seem to be ignoring me.

14. I haven't bought anything from them,
      but i did have 2 dolls over for commissions and i must say ..it's bad..very bad.

I had a Domya o.n.e on a old body here.
      And after sanding just a little bit i found allota of airbubbles right under the surface.
      Espacially her right side seem to be bad.
      She also had some on her face. (like...above her lip..so in the middle of her face)

I also had a Domuya Fin here,
      She also had some strange airbubbel-ish things (didn't sand her tho because she had bodyblush)
      Some of her body parts had badly beveled out holes,
      and the Elastic she was strung with was way to thin to keep the big body up.

Even worse, the strange clips (not s hooks) in her feet cut into the elastic.
      And i had to get her new Elastic.
      With Normal sd Elastics (which are a pain to get in her because all her elastic holes are just to thin) she can stand sit and stand on one leg...

So if you buy from Domuya, please check..and recheck your doll.
      Sand a little close to some of the seem lines to see if there are airbubbels.

Because Domuya seems to have some problems there.

15. What did you order?
      Domuya Flexi-Perennial Ida

When did you order?
      February 24th, shipped 29th, recieved March 4th (probably would have gotten her earlier, but I was out of town). Incredible. She was my second doll order and my first doll - at this rate, she'll beat my Narae by a long shot.

Um, as expected? I didn't need to contact them for anything. They let me know that my order had gone through, how to get to my account, that it had shipped...I had no problems at all. I'm not an impatient customer. With Domuya's turnaround, you wouldn't have time to be.

How easy was it to pay?
      Really, really easy.

FIVE. DAYS. *_* *boggles*

This is a tricky question for me. Firstly, because I got her at $100 dollars off. Secondly, because I'm absolutely enchanted: her sculpt is gorgeous, her flexibility is amazing, and she has so much character. She stands right out of the box. She looks good in everything.

HOWEVER: all of her joints have dust in them and she's scuffed from poor sanding - her arm is actually poorly sanded enough that I thought it was cracked and it turned out to be a lower level in the resin. I'm not prepared to sand her myself or I would try and even it out. It's not so apparent that it shows up in pictures, nor do I plan to sell her (gah, I love her too much<33) so it's not a big deal to me [just a natural imperfection]. See two questions down.

Moral: If you're in love with the Flexi-Perennials, get one - every company has issues. If you want a perfectly made doll, well, get on Domuya's case, or go to a different seller.

In terms of sculpt? Better, in my opinion.

I'm totally taken with everything except the lack of care paid to my baby pre-packaging.
      I feel like the artists put a great deal of work into her and whoever's responsible for finishing touches just want to get their jobs done. :|

It may be karmic retribution for getting her home in nine days, though.

Didn't contact them. I love Regan immensely and for the most part I can blow the dust off her. The sanding is what it is. I don't have perfect skin either.

16. What did you order?
      Venturo
      Pretty good
      How easy was it to pay?
      Easy.
      About 5 days
      yes, wonderful face up/body blushing. No problems with the mold.
      Better tbh
      Im extremely happy. The doll i got was much better than i expected it to be.

I moved house. Domuya pulled the package back, re labelled it and sent it back out for no extra costs. My doll would have arrived within a week (even with blushing and custom face up) if i hadnt needed it to be redirected.
      Very happy with my boy, tracking number worked and the only people that screwed up were parcelforce.

17. What did you order?
      Eyes!
      When did you order?
      Mid June during their event

Good communication though a tad slower so I was in a panic to pay to qualify for the discount >_<;

How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy with local bank transfer

- I had to collect it at the event.

I think it is good! Haven't really familiar myself with it yet.

Yes

Yup, looks good so far. Though a bit bumped that 1 pair of eyes I ordered was out of stock and did not have a chance to scout for another pair =/

18. What did you order?
      Limited FP Marlene

When did you order?
      June 13

I never got any confirmation emails or anything, but I was kept up to date on my account page.

How easy was it to pay?
      Easy with Paypal

She arrived on June 26, so it took a little under two weeks.

For the price? I think so.

Yes.

Mostly. Her outfit and accessories were beautiful, though I'm passing them on to another DOA member. However, Marlene herself is not very finished and has a few nicks and sanding scratches. I am not happy with the lanyard hooks which are scraping the resin. She's also very floppy and I may have to replace the thin elastic that's barely keeping her together. Other than that, her face up is very pretty and I really like her skin tone. I won't complain to the company since I don't want to wait a long time for a response.

19. What did you order?
      Alice

When did you order?
      During the singapore toy and comic con

Candy replied every email i sent very polietly and she replies within 2 days for the initial part of my experience of domuya.

How easy was it to pay?
      Paid on the spot during the con.

It was TERRIBLE!!! According to them, my doll was suppose to arrive the lastest 3 weeks after i ordered her as she is a preorder. So being a patient person i am, i sent them an email in the 4th week and on the 5th week, they replied that they are going to take 1 more week. So i waited till the end of the 6th week checking my letter box eveyday but she did not arrive. Only at the end of the 7th week they finally deceided to ship her and the wait was simply excruciating!!!

I will not deny the fact that she is absolutely beautiful so she is kind of worth it.
      There are no sales pictures as she is not out yet.

Not really. When she first arrived, her eye dropped out during the shipping. Being a first time doll owner, i tried to put her eyes back into place which is when the disaster started. Her eyelashes kept on dropping out and her eye putty were sticky to the point that everytime i tried to adjust her right eye, the left eye goes out of place. When i check her for defects, there is a crack in her right lower leg. I them promptly sent an email to domuya stating the damage. As their exchange policy states that all returns and exchange must reach them by the 7th day, i started to worry when i did not hear a thing about them on the 6th day. After i persisted, I finally got a reply and told me that they will send the replacement leg one week later. I waited and on the 2nd week, there is still no reply. I sent another email and this time they finally sent me the leg on the 4th week. She was also very VERY loosely strung and had alot of problems standing.

They sent in a replacement which they took thier time to send. I still have 9 dollars with them and this problem is still not solved yet.