1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Supia Limiteds Discussion

Jun 10, 2007

1. New limited edition Supia Rosy, Roda and Yan are in the newsthread here.

See News thread for order period info.

I've asked Yu Jin, and she says she's going to try to bring this shipment in before the holidays but can't promise due to the heavy loads on casting services this time of year. So you might receive your doll after Christmas or Hanukkah, but not too long afterwards. Let me know if you have any other questions...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Catrina -- is the separate dreaming Roda face available for Rosy buyers too or only Roda buyers? Thanks!!

3. I was a little iffy about Roda, but ROSY! I am sold, she is so my Augustine!! How beautiful is her face...

The only, miniature pet peeve I have (WI is fortunate to already have a gorgeous Roda) is the hands :'/ I don't suppose there will be other hands casted in the future? Or if there are any other possibilities for swapping
      ?

4. Rosy has a Roda body, so no reason here why you should not be able to get a Dreaming Roda too!

From Amaranth:
      "I was a little iffy about Roda, but ROSY! I am sold, she is so my Augustine!! How beautiful is her face...

The only, miniature pet peeve I have (WI is fortunate to already have a gorgeous Roda) is the hands :'/ I don't suppose there will be other hands casted in the future? Or if there are any other possibilities for swapping
      ?"

I can talk with Yu Jin and see if she has any plans to make new hands. I must say, I'm a big fan of her hand sculpts... the detail is amazing. You can see the backs of the fingernails when you look at her palms.
      I think everyone loves hand options, so I will see if she is interested in making that for you! :D

Thanks for your questions
      Catrina

5. Congrats!

It's been very hard for me to be quiet about Rosy, since I've been looking at her prototype photos now (the shots of her in clay only) and I've been so excited....
      She came out even better than I ever dreamed, and Yu Jin of Supia is such an extraordinary talent. The detail and expression she puts into all her sculpts is really incredible.

LilyKoi is a big fan of Supia, so there will be no problem getting her to do your girl. There is an amazing Roda she did recently, with modified ears (into an elf) in the Gallery. Her tattooing work and soft painting is just unbelievable. I'm sure you will enjoy what she does with your new Rosy.

Thanks again!
      Catrina

6. Hi Catrina,
      Sorry if I missed this in the News area but is Yu Jin only casting her dolls in French Resin, now?

Also, when will the outfits go up for sale?

Thanks,
      Deb

7. Oh thank you Catrina! I really don't want to bother Yu Jin, as the hands do have SUCH detail (the dimple on the pinky!) its just that maybe the shape or position of the fingers are a little odd for me. I really did wish I like them more. But optional parts is so cool regardless n_n!

8. Hi there,
      Thanks for your question.

The next ordering period will be approximately the end of next month.

We start the new one as the last ones are being sent here. This helps the artist pace herself so things don't get backed up. Hope that makes sense.

I'll have a new announcement soon too... Supia has her own line of shoes, for both the 58cm girls and the MiniSupia sizes!!! They are in a rainbow of colors and we hope to have them on the web site for everyone to get at any time :D

Thanks to everyone for supporting Yu Jin from Supia!
      Catrina

9. Oh, I thought I had my first doll picked out, but now I see Rosy! I think I'm in love! This is probably a really dumb question (I'm new!), but which skin color is the one in her order photo? Thank you!

10. The photos show the dolls in pinky-white.

The alabaster color is a white with an ivory base (kind of a creamy white-with a tiny yellow undertone).

Hope that helps. Tomorrow is the last day for Supia's ordering period.

THanks for your interest!

Catrina

11. I ordered her! I could not resist.

Lishe

12. Rosy is so beautiful!!!! I ordered one yesterday :D

edit: my first question has already been answered ^^

Do you know which wig size is better for Rosy ? 7-8 or 8-9

Thanks very much ^^

13. The limited dolls are still available in a small quantity.

I'm going to take some photos of the limited clothing boxes, because Supia ships the limited outfits in a special Supia box with a magnetic flap... and you get a golden certificate signed by the artist. Now I have also seen Supia's shoes for the first time... they are gorgeous handmade leather shoes, just like for a person. It seems she bought leather dyed in gold and silver.

The limited dolls we will have available are on the web site: www.supiadolls.com

We're shipping some out today, and everyone is "ooooh" "aaaahh" as each box is opened. So gorgeous! Wish you all could be here with us to see them.

Catrina

14. I'm curious.. Does the artist do custom face-ups?

I want to get a Roda eventually, and while I love the tiny details of the default, I really want her to have deep red lips.

15. Catrina, which eye size does Rosy take? 14 or 16 mm? (Sorry if this has been asked before ^-^´´)

16. 16mm is what they wear, 14 would be okay too.

17. We have shipped most of the Supia order from the airport. The dolls arrive in batches every day or so, and we are still waiting for one more box. But we kept up with the shipping, and everything we have received has been sent on to owners.

We have also been given permission to open a new ordering period. It will go through September 30.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
      Catrina

18. Ack! Is it open now Catrina? Does it start Sept 30? Forgive my stupidness.

19. You can order anytime from now through the end of this month. I wish I could make it longer, but they get anxious to start working on the new orders! Once the shipments are off, then... I think Yu Jin really wants to begin making a new group. She really loves her work.

20. Thanks so much for that clarification Catrina! I'm incredibly excited about ordering my Rosy, and about finally meeting you in three weeks time!