1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bambicrony Recomendation for Colored Elf Care -LSG fades too

Apr 17, 2007

1. Hey AreeElf... I just wanted to say thanks for getting out there and doing all the legwork on this. I've really appreciated your effort to get to the bottom of things.

2. You're welcome

3. This was posted on the elves discussion thread I'm quoting it

4. Hehe sorry..Didn't know where to post it, I hope it's helpful in some way!

5. Thanks for posting it. There was an ongoing issue with possible yellowing and fading. We didn't know what happens to LSG thanks for showing the findings.

I need to take pictures of my findings with the pink one. It faded to a pink tinted nearly white then stopped

6. I'd love to see what happened. There was also a lady with a pink who was very worried because hers was more apricot-peach after some yellowing had happened, and I've always wondered what hers looked like too.

7. blue or pink ones don´t look so bad even if they yellow a little bit, they look different but nice (still laughing at the "hospital green" comment)
      XD

but the slategray when "yellowed" ...god I just can´t describe the colour shade I see..it´s really weird. Maybe night creature characters will work well on that

thanks for posting it^^

8. My MR dolls never see the light of day very much since they hangout in our dark office but my Kumi is much paler pink than my Pepe who seems moreso pinky-pink. So there is a variation in color with the MR dolls as well.

9. I think the faded LSG is pretty green-gray and would work better for zombies than anything else :XD:;; It's such a sickly dead color ;__;;;;

10. Wah! I wanted a zombie color!! ^^;
      Maybe there's hope yet!!
      But then, I also wonder what 2 days of direct sunlight would do to normalskin of any sort...
      H

11. Just today I noticed my LSG (bluish) Kumi is starting to yellow!

I was prepared to deal with this when I bought her, so I'm not upset, but just thought I'd mention it here to compare with others' experiences.

She's been outside a total of three times, no longer than 10 minutes each time, and never ever in sunlight, in fact I had her in deep shade (I only take my dolls outside to photograph in deep shade at the end of the day, and I've been especially careful with her). My house is half underground, and has dark red cedar walls, and this particular room gets little ambient/window light too.

It'll be interesting to see what she looks like in a year or more! :-O

As long as her color remains satisfactorily "weird" I'm happy with her. If she turns tan I'll be mad! D-:< LOL

Raven

12. this has nearly frightened me away from buying any colored elf from bambicrony... sheesh. the blue fading is kinda cute, but that purple. eek!

13. Raven my Aisling has also faded even though I kep her in shade all the time and only took he out for a few outdoor shots. Mine has tuned about two shades lighter than her original color. I ended up redoing her faceup to match her newer color she's not the same doll I got but I still like her. She's less like Mcdonald's strawberry milkshake pink and in certain lights borders on almost normal pink complexion :(

Honestly I think it somewhat soured me on BC doll I think especially since their official stance on it is store your doll in a box

14. Just a note to report that my Misty Blue is now a very pale mint color. As the "blue" itself in its original state was more of an aqua, it doesn't bother me that much. She hasn't been out a lot, by the way. The slight color change is pretty even all around. I would have been upset had it been in blotches.

15. Aw that's too bad...! I don't feel any different about BC... I like it that they made these guys, it was a very adventurous thing to do, and as far as I'm concerned everything that's coming out lately (all companies) is kinda boring.

I see it as just a French Resin thing. They may or may not have known. I knew, as I'd handled yellowed French resin dolls (Narshas), but it didn't stop me from adopting an LSG girl. Of all the colors, I knew LSG had the most dubious future, but I'm glad I got her. ^_^ She's just that cool! XD

*edit* Their official stance is definitely a cop-out, but... I'd hate to see them go out of business because of a few colored dollies. I notice this latest crop of elves were not French resin. I guess they've learned! I am sorry for everyone who's unhappy about the yellowing.

16. and that's silly. pay that much money and then leave it in a box? why even buy it??? what a silly official take.

17. It is silly!! XD
      They should have suggested burying them, that would protect them from light!!!
      XD

Argh
      Raven

18. glad someone else has a sense of humor on this place.

19. I am glad that I found my beautiful Mistyrose Roko. She is truely a dream come true, and I am forever greatful. In a way I am glad I had to buy her from the second market. I was when they came out considering getting a blue roko, and I know I would have been more then dissapointed if she had turned green. My pink girl on the other hand has faded abit. But I knew she would, I bought her knowing the chances and deciding that she was more then worth the risk and despite what Bambi told us about only keeping them inside I enjoy taking her outside to take photo's. I gotta admit the whole discolouring didnt bother me that much, but the fact that at first Bambicrony so blatently denied it and pretended to be innocent was just very rude somehow. Alot of people were very dissapointed, and I would have been to if I had a green Roko.

Yet... I have to admit, if they turn their new elves also into tann and then coloured elves, I would buy them without hesitation. I want another Mistyrose companion for Pinku-Desu.

20. I admire them for coming out with really neat fantasy style elves. I would have rather they handled the issue differently somehow other than hiding the issue and denial. I don't want them to go out of business over something like this but sending warning on sun only with fullsets and not all the elves in the beginnning was a bit off putting. Spending a few extra hundred dollars means you are entitled to better warning?

It was after the colored elves they turned the default for their Q&A to locked posts

When I bought my Mistyrose I was a aware she was french resin I did a bit of research I was also aware she potentially would yellow in time. A month though is a bit fast I was thinking a year or more with light exposure.

Bambicrony claimed they tested the materials for a year so I would think they would be aware of the potential for it to fade that quickly but didn't think it was a problem.

On the burying the dolls I still can enjoy a sense of humor. It would go with their odd coloring to have zombie and undead dolls characters that need to be buried for light protection :lol: