1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream Doll 'Lily' from Laidoll - Anyone Recognise Her?

Aug 23, 2006

1. I just got my teen trends outfit for Kayla and she's so cute looking. I'll have to take her and my camera for a photoshoot next week!

2. Oooh, I'll be looking forward to it! :)

3. RUKIA'S HERE!!!:dance

She's even more beautiful in person!! :love
      [​IMG]
      my camera is crap...:sweat She's NS with the default peach makeup from Laidoll and acrylic 16mm eyes from mimiwoo (ebay). So far I like her eyelashes, but I'm having issues with her wig.:sweat I swear, it sheds like my cat.

and she looks SO good with Ichigo.:)
      [​IMG]
      I am totally floored by how perfectly they match. I have to admit that I was a little bit worried because most MSDs didn't look good with Ichigo, as their heads tend to be significantly smaller. But Lily is simply PERFECT. She is a LOT shorter, but it works for their characters.

and he just loves her.:3
      [​IMG]
      She's actually standing by herself here, and he's actually leaning on her.^^

rest of the arrival pics! And I have to say, whatever frustration I had with the whole waiting and lack of communication thing, it all melted away the moment I pulled off the bubblewrap and saw what a treasure I had. I LOVE HER!!!:aheartbea

(...wouldn't order from Laidoll again though. they made me be a cranky old lady.^^; )

4. Oh dear... I see she's up to her same old tricks... My advice to you all is threaten once, then file if it's within the time frame 45 days.

Opening up a dispute is just step one. Then if you don't receive your doll in the next 20 days, you can escalate it to a real claim. I happened to receive my doll within that period, so I cancelled the dispute when I received her.

It's the only way she responded to my many emails and PMs, and she responded in exactly one hour and five minutes. No internet connectivity? Yeah right.

Here's my thread about my experience. Change8023 is the rep for Laidoll.
      I wanted to get a Lily, but I would never buy from this person again.

http://72.52.146.26/forums/showthread.php?t=123014

Good luck everyone...
      Raven

5. >.> I'm still not sure why everyone is having such problems with her. I got a tan Megi within 15 days of ordering him. I ordered a fukubukuro last month and got it within about the same amount of time. I've also bought something from her on the marketplace. Sent in about ten days. Though I never got the tracking number for it.

My suggestion has still been put 'PLEASE REPLY' in all caps in every single message you sent. There really is a problem sometimes with the servers between here and china. She'll go MIA on the forum for a week or so sometimes.

I'll continue to use laidoll. I've got no problem sending them a dozen prodding emails about my stuff if thats what it takes to get a reply.

In other news. I'm without my Lily for about three weeks or so while she gets a new face. T.T Will post pretty pictures when she returns.

6. I don't know if anyone cares... but I did a search for Laidoll in the feedback thread and it appears one doesn't exist.

I'd make one, but I haven't (and wouldn't now) order from them... but if you have you might wish to make a feedback thread for them.

If you had a great experience, people should know.
      If it was less than stellar, then you may wish to post there saying so.

Just a thought...
      Raven

7. Tokiko: Congratulations on your Rukia's arrival! She's lovely, and the eyes you bought her are so pretty! And yes, they are quite the adorable couple! :D

I feel really bad that everyone's been having such problems...but again, I must thank whoever it was that told us about that other e-mail...it did wonders! Hopefully my girl will be on her way very soon!

8. congrats tokiko!!

9. Tokiko, she's so cute with your little boy! you are right, the are the perfect couple! My experience with the wig is, cut off the pig tails and comb it. I love my default wig. You'll see it in the pics I'm taking next week (I have time off work and a camera, watch me go!) I have mine styled like real hair rather than it sticking up everywhere and it looks very nice. I like the wine colored wig too but I like fur wigs when they are done right.

10. YAY Rukia has arrived!!! <does a happy dance for Tokiko> that's pretty much how I felt too, annoyance that I hadnt had a clue where Kefri had been for three weeks but completely forgot all that once she arrived. She looks stunning Tokiko, a really beautifully painted girl, and again so different from everyone else's! More pix!!!

(sorry for being so quiet, still suffering with the foot, which has to get worse before it gets better :( )

11. Kaga: Thanks! And I'm glad your order went through OK.^^ Hope you have your dolls home with you soon!

mendokusai: thank you!! I'm so thrilled with her!:D

Sarah2008: Thanks!! I'm a first-timer with fur wigs, so I was vexed by the shedding and the default Chaka Khan 'do.XD But I do like how her hair "stays where I put it" without product - I guess I just need practice!

Sue: Thank you! (is careful not to tread on your toe in the happy dance! :XD: ) I'm so happy with her faceup! When I took off the facemask I was like, "OMG you're so cute!!" Followed by "OMG you're Rukia!!!" :dance

Everyone who's waiting on Laidoll to respond/send dolls/do SOMETHING dammit: Bug early, bug often, use all the addresses and avenues available to you and put "PLEASE REPLY" in the subject of every one. Don't feel like you're being a nag - at this point they need all the prodding and poking you can give. I now know that I was one of the luckier ones who didn't get the extreme runarounds and wait times that others have experienced. (I feel like I should apologize on behalf of all Chinese :abow: )
      [ :edit: I just wrote Change to let her know that Lily arrived safely, and I added that several people are waiting on replies from her/Laidoll. I don't know if it will help.]

And for those considering getting a Lily but are worried because of recent events: You won't regret having her. However, I'd definitely recommend buying her through ebay rather than through Laidoll's site, as you'll get buyer's protection from both ebay and paypal as well as their feedback mechanism. Also, much as I LOVE Rukia's Laidoll faceup, I suspect - no concrete proof - that Laidoll are having serious issues with their faceup service, since those who order unpainted dolls seem to get them faster (YMMV). Therefore I would recommend ordering your doll without faceup, and either find someone local and reputable to do the faceup for you, or try your hand at doing it yourself. There are lots of tutorials on DoA, and she has such a pretty and forgiving face.:love

12. On the subject of face-ups... Getting a Lily without a face-up and either doing it yourself or shipping it to one of the lovely face-up artists in marketplace really helps out members of this board. And you can get them to customize it so much more to your liking than any company can. I recommend 1000 Cranes. But Cherry Street Sera and SDink also seem to be very reputable among others. Those are all three located in the US. There are more in Europe, Asia and otherwise.

13. I'm glad you got her! She's a beautiful doll.

I realize servers go bad. But I've emailed EVERY account possible and PMed Change on this board. And I get absolutely no reply. I've done this quite a few times just asking for an update. I'm out $300 and don't even know what's going on.

I ordered my Xi from Laidoll and got him in fifteen days. No problems. But this is just one pain after another and it is only when I threaten to file a claim against them that I get any response whatsoever and now that I'm past my date to open a claim even that isn't working.

I ordered my doll two weeks before Tokiko. I'm happy the doll is there but what about me? I ordered basically the same thing, just a Yin doll. Yet I don't even get a reply to my email requesting to know?

I was emailed on March 16th saying my doll would be shipped "next week". Now? No reply. At all. It's unbelievably frustrating and depressing because I'd always defended Laidoll because I had such a good experience getting my Xi there.

I hate doing this but I'm opening a claim. Because I can't afford to be out $300 without anything to show for it. Though when I do it (because I'm past my date) it says my claim is "registered" but not viable for paypal refund. Does this mean they'll show my claim to Laidoll but they can't get money back for me? Anybody know?

I urge anyone who ordered to STAY ON THEM. Otherwise you might not get what you ordered for...quite a while.

Keep those pictures coming. At least some people are happy.

14. So Sorry to hear that Kaga! :sorry

I'm sure that you've already e-mailed them with "PLEASE REPLY" in the subject line and asked them for a tracking number?

We didn't have to harass them at all for my Lily. Of course I didn't order a face-up....

Don't forget Mendokusai does a pretty rockin' face up herself. She's posted pics of Merryl before. ;)

I did my own face up. It took a couple of tries but now I have it down pat. (can't wait for me piccy session Monday....)

Mendokusai - I had my other two girls done, but they weren't nearly as nice as kayla so I'm starting over on them. I should buy stock in Testors.

15. for the record, tokiko, those are better default eyes than I got. I got these crappy yucky green acrylic things. Acrylic can be nice, but those were terrible!

16. Tokiko: MORE BLEACH DOLLS! XD My lily is Hinamori--I had no idea that Rukia would look so awesome as a Lily! Heee~!

17. Sadako's funny...she was quite goth for a while...but last night she sported pink and an auburn wig and looked AMAZING!!!! TobiasCamery took some pics and she's going to send them to me...

18. I'm so sorry to hear you've been having such a difficult time, Kama ; ; I sincerely hope that things work out!! :(

19. I think it was your Lily that helped me to decide I wanted a Lily too.;) She looked SO cute!! And you know, Rukia and Hinamori do have about the same height and looks - though Momo's features are a little softer I think. Rukia GLARES.XD

ReineDeLaSeine14: I can't wait to see pictures! I love how Lily looks great in every color, doesn't she?

Sarah2008: Yeah, they seemed like OK eyes (and anyway they were free!:XD: ), but - not for my Rukia.:3 I'm going to trim her wig today - wish me luck!

Kama: I'm sorry that Laidoll/Change STILL hasn't gotten back to you. I think that the "claim but no refund" means that you don't qualify for the Paypal buyer's protection (which is paid by Paypal) but you will be refunded directly from the seller's account if Paypal decides in your favor. I THINK. That's the impression I got when I was reading the T&C when I was getting ready to open the dispute. Any Paypal experts out there?

20. Picspam~!
      I made Rukia a little white dress yesterday because I totally failed at making her hakama.^^; Then today I made her a shirt as practice for her school uniform. The result: A Belated White Day!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...wish my flash wasn't so glaringly bright...^^;

oh yeah, and cos I was messing around with her wig earlier.;) Her default wig makes really great Sasuke hair! :XD:
      [​IMG]
      (her look so plainly says "ha. ha. I will MURDER you in your sleep." )