1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Difference between Hypermaniac Choyangbi and Hahanbi heads?

Feb 12, 2005

1. Hi. I know there are plenty of Hypermaniac fans out there! I need to ask a question. ... Do these two have the same face mold or am I just going crazy? If they do, then what is the difference between them? Also, any other information on them is much appreciated. I've already done a search for "Choyangbi" on this forum and saw a couple of lovely dolls that were pictured in the gallery. They have such charming, pouty little girl faces.

Here's the information I've gotten on them: They are each 52 cm tall and take an 8.5 inch wig size and 18-20 mm eyes. Also, I heard somewhere that Hypermaniac's default package for their creations consist of the doll, a doll carrier, default wig and default eyes. (But please tell me: does this mean that they come with the wig and eyes in the publicity photo, or does it mean they come with randomly-selected eyes and wig? What do they mean by "default"?) They come unpainted, or the artist can paint the faces for an extra $20.

The Choyangbi and Hahanbi dolls are meant to portray 7-year-olds, so they have rather sexless, skinny child bodies. Thanks for any further information. Oh, also, I've done searches on the internet for this face, and I have never seen a photo of her face in profile (side-view). If anyone out there has these dolls, could you please post a picture of her pretty face from the side? Thanks.

2. I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!! :cry:

Right after I posted this, I went to the Ethereal Angels forum and saw that they just posted that Hahanbi is sold out, and there is only one Choyangbi left! That post wasn't there five minutes ago! She was apparently posting it at the EXACT SAME TIME I was over here on Den of Angels writing this post! :crushed

3. :grin: Hypermaniac dolls are only released once a year so this year there will be newones coming out. I have Ksy and she arrived before Christmas 2004, so if you want the other one that is left.......hurry and order. They come with default eyes and wig pictured on the site, the face-up is worth the extra money too. Check out Etheral Angels and the members pictures of their dolls, Grace has Choyangbi and she is beautiful, she also did the makeup for her doll. They are worth the money.

4. I did send an e-mail with my order. I'm hoping 20 other people didn't do the same thing, but of course they did! Yes, I love Hypermaniac dolls. I think they all have such expressive, wonderful faces. I'm looking forward to seeing which new ones come out this year. :grin:

EDIT: I missed out on getting the last Choyangbi by ONE ORDER. She's completely sold out, now. I was the "2nd Alternate", meaning I would only be able to buy her if the first person didn't pay. Of course they did. Darn it! :| :| :|

5. Someone please help me!! *_* is Hahanbi still available? as i do find on the hyper site, that although the buy it now button is there , it doesn't always mean that the dolls are still available.