Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: DreamingDoll Discussion (Ddollshop) , Part 2

Project list is vedy long hobbywhelmed's Avatar

DreamingDoll Discussion (Ddollshop) , Part 2

Discussion thread for DreamingDoll: http://www.ddollshop.com/

"“Knowledge is knowing the tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in your fruit salad.” — Miles Kington
    PS Index //

ah, the squish of clay! MissEmily's Avatar
    Mirren, thank you so much for the male/female pic! I was out of the country and didn't see your post til now.... He would make a stunning girl! Hmm....
    Here's some old spam for the new thread.
    Minnow and Fry...with Fry still awaiting the rest of her face mods.

Thrift Store Refugees by Estes 'n Anne, on Flickr

What lovely pictures! (I assume you mean me, Mirrin!) I am happy to help!

Here's my not terribly old addition!
    At Home: Lettice (RS Rong), Avery (PD Tara), Sebastian (RS Wu), Titiana (RS Li),
    Patrick (RS Mai), Vivica (DDoll Airi), Brody (DZ Hid), Fyodor (DDoll Hiro), Landon (WD Juwel)

I have a question for Little Elva owners, what eye size can be used for your doll? I would highly appreciate if the eyes are not showing the white around it

If you don't want visible sclera, bump up the size. Their eyewells aren't that deep so you should be able to fit 16mm eyes in there, probably. If not that, you could opt for doll eyes with coloured sclera. I know Mint on Card offers some.

I wouldn't recommend such a big size otherwise, because it won't look very 'natural.' I like smaller eyes, ones hovering around 12mm.. because it's more realistic. I'm just saying this for posterity's sake...Smaller for realistic, larger for a less realistic look.

Also, it depends on the mold you get. Airis have smaller eye holes.. so it doesn't take 18mms to cover the sclera, I wouldn't think.
    At Home: Lettice (RS Rong), Avery (PD Tara), Sebastian (RS Wu), Titiana (RS Li),
    Patrick (RS Mai), Vivica (DDoll Airi), Brody (DZ Hid), Fyodor (DDoll Hiro), Landon (WD Juwel)

Meet Brooke! She's my first BJD!!!~
    "It's not like you come over and you're like; oop, that's my style. cmon; in my bag you go, adventure!" -Alexia

"Ma-ma-madona ain't got nothing on me. Be-be-beyonce ain't got nothing on me! Diva 1, diva 2, diva 1 2 3!"

Ooh, she is gorgeous! Freakyviki. Little Elvas are such great start for beginners. Where did you get that dress? It's highly lovely

I got it from Angell-Studio >< it's really beautiful~

Aheheh, I kinda like her bald more... I don't know if it's just the hair or I really do 0.0
    and, I didn't think resin felt like porcelain! And they're actually quite weighty ~
    "It's not like you come over and you're like; oop, that's my style. cmon; in my bag you go, adventure!" -Alexia

"Ma-ma-madona ain't got nothing on me. Be-be-beyonce ain't got nothing on me! Diva 1, diva 2, diva 1 2 3!"

How do you guys manage to put an eyeball to your bjds? I am so scared that if I ever put eyes to my Airi, it will come out bad, cross eyed or the putty might be shown. Any help will be appreciated

aheheh, Actually. I asked them to put in the eyes for me cause im scared to put it in >< If you still haven't bought her, you can actually request them to do it for you heheh... They actually do all the requests you have, theyre nice ^^

Oooh, really? I did not know that. I am going to own her as my 3rd bjd. And sorry if I have too much questions about her though

Putting in eyes aren't that hard... You just have to make sure you use the right kind of eye putty with the eyes. If you have glass, like DDolls come with, I'd say use silicone ear plugs. They're super easy to put in and adjust that way. It's just an easier stuff to work with. The only thing about the ear plugs is you can't use them on silicone eyes. Silicone on silicone action causes some melting issues.

I had introduced my Lia a bit ago, in a head switch picture, but here's a better intro for her- Her name is Gwyneth Alice, and she's pictured here with my Nathaniel.
    Home: Ariadne -- Mikhaila -- Elinor -- Johanna -- Mira -- Dana -- Arin -- James -- Hollis Winter -- Anabiel -- Gwyneth -- Mona -- Nico -- Eden -- Leonie -- Danae -- Norah -- Nathaniel -- Ilya -- Ceres -- Enfys -- Julian -- Asher -- Evangeline -- Octavia -- Brenden Kelly -- Tamsin
    Waiting on: Impl Olina & horse body

Very cute, FreakyViki. The dress is very adorable on her.

She's lovely, Catalystflours. Lias are too cute. I dig their smiles. You don't see them like that a lot on dolls.

Might as well join celebration for the new thread with some picture spam of my own

May there be much Dreaming Doll beauty and adorableness to come!
    ~ My dear Cups of Tea ~

Anyone here owns a Little Elva Bella?

Idaheika, your doll is just so adorable!

Catalysrflours, Lia you got is so cute. I love her smile

I took a new picture today.

ah, the squish of clay! MissEmily's Avatar
    Mirrin, I love her outfit! All the different textures and shades...sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrin View Post

I took a new picture today.
    she's beautiful~ I love the shade and the dress you got her with