1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Obitsus

Oct 15, 2014

1. Obitsus:

(THIS IS MY PERSONAL OPINION, and a rant I need to express, I know many feel the same!)

They are made of vinyl (a type of plastic) and are made in Japan (in Asia) and have joints/body parts that are easily removable.
      I personally think obitsus should be classified as a type of Asian jointed dolls. Just because they aren’t made of resin (another type of plastic) bjds and aren’t strung up with elastic doesn’t mean they aren’t Asian jointed dolls.
      If its also because they don’t have ‘ball joints’ single jointed bjds technically don’t have ball joints and neither do most double jointed bjds.
      the point of a ball jointed bjd is that is made up of BALL joints. (balls are round, not bean or tube shaped).

Im sorry, but im tired of basically being discriminated against cause I don’t have a really expensive doll. Yes, she is about the same size as a barbie, but I don’t treat her like a toy doll (like alot of bjd owners treat their dolls) , shes a COLLECTORS ITEM, the same as the other bjds. I am able to pose her and take pictures of her so shes not as delicate as a porcelain/china doll but I do like to have her standing/sitting looking pretty. Cause thats why I got her, shes adorable.
      She is different to monster high and barbie/bratz dolls in many ways, one being obitsus are aimed at adults/doll collectors, not children. I understand grown men and women collect such dolls, but there are many sub-categories that they fit into and I am not going to go into them.

And the same goes for other ‘non Asian dolls’. Theyre all made of a type of plastic and are poseable.
      If they are from Asia and are jointed they ARE an Asian Jointed Dolls. Just saying they shouldn’t be discriminated cause theyre different. Like people shouldn’t!

Thankyou,
      now if you have any obitsus, please feel free to share them!!

2. Den of Angels has nothing against Obitsu dolls or any other dolls deemed to be off-topic. Most users here do own at least one off-topic doll. The implementation of a criteria system is simply to make website related chat more specialized and focused.

Just because a doll is deemed to be off-topic for this website, it is not considered to be a mark against the doll or it's company.

3. If you would take a look at the updated Criteria for Topicality - and the various discussion areas in the forum, you would see that there are both Asian and Non-Asian dolls currently included in this forum. However, the Criteria still require on-topic dolls to be made of resin, with Volks DD's grandfathered in because of the forum's origins as a Volks-centric site. Arekushia is absolutely correct in her summarization. This is a specialized forum, and this thread must be closed, as obitsus are not on-topic for discussion or presentation.

in addition, there are many forums out there that do provide discussion areas for owners of obitsus and other non-resin dolls that are considered off-topic for DOA. Perhaps you should look into joining other forums as well, where you can share your obitsu, rather than railing against DOA for not meeting your specific expectations?