1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Pipos' Majestic Line 70cm boys, human and anthro

May 26, 2014

1. I thought I would create a new thread for the discussion of Pipos' new 70cm Majestic line, due for release on June 12th, 2014.

You can find the link to Pipos' release info HERE

This initial release will see the appearance of 3 new boys, Dr. Jekyll – midnight CROW (70cm Man), Dr. Jekyll - noon CROW (70cm Man), & Mr. Hyde - midnight blue RAVEN (70cm Cat).

So far Pipos' promo pics had concentrated on their new human boy, Dr Jekyll, such as can bee seen in the news post linked above. However, a preview pic of Mr. Hyde was posted on Twitter HERE

I'd have to say, Mr Hyde has definitely peaked my interest! With his large, more mature cat anthro head sculpt, I am particularly impressed and looking forward to seeing more!

2. Thanks for making this thread, with this size range I think Pipos will see some definite interest in this anthro-sculpt. I am actually liking the Human sculpts as well for that matter, and the bodies, while I find it funny that they try to make a "muscle" body distinct from another body just about as equally covered in muscle, are actually very beautiful from what I can tell. I can't wait to see the beast parts, and the make up, and really just everything!

3. I'm not interested in anthro dolls, but I really like the human sculpt and am glad to see Pipos doing more of them!

4. I'm kinda excited about this..Pipos making a 70cm doll is awesome. The body is rather muscular and I'm not sure how I feel about it..but I'm waiting for more pictures. I can't wait to see the beast parts..I would love to have a giant anthro kitty.

5. Eeek... so many companies making large+ sized dolls! I guess 70cm isn't even that big any more, compared to how big other companies are getting, but that's quite a jump for Pipos.

It'll be interesting to see how the anthro version looks on that body!

To me, the big problem with human bodies and animal heads is the neck. Human necks just look a bit too skinny and hairless with an animal head on top. It doesn't look quite as odd on the smaller dolls, and some companies have managed to do a good job with it, but it's still a bit of a problem unless the doll looks very fantasy--or the body is meant only to go with an animal head.

I've got a Soom Ender with the jackal head and without the headdress/wig, the head can look pretty odd stuck on an all human body and neck. But the jackal head is very narrow, so it almost works. Same for my Soom Beast with the antelope head... the head is long and narrow and the MegaGem body has a super-thick neck, so it sort of works. --But the wig really helps hide a lot of that. Not sure how that will go with a cat head if there's no wig or headdress....

6. I have to admit I am really liking the look of the Human boys here too, loving Mr Jekyll's headsculpt almost as much as Mr Hyde. Definitely looking forward to seeing more of both Mr Jekyll versions & Mr Hyde with his company face-up, even if he's already impressive blank.

April
      , I know what you men about the neck, especially with my experience with Pipos' M.Pi cats. It works fine to have an anthro head on a smaller more humanoid body, such as for the R.Pi & U.Pi dolls, but the bigger the doll the more noticeable it becomes. It was the one of the things I think bothered me a but about Hopen more-so than Minuet, for some reason being more noticeable on a male body, I think. However, somehow being more suitably muscular seems to help balance out the look here a bit from what I can see so far.

Really looking forward to getting a better look at that body. I am hoping that for such a big boy Pipos have gone to the trouble of giving the majestic line double jointed knees and not just double jointed elbows this time. That was my main flaw I could pick out on the M.Pi / PO13 body - it could really use those extra knee joints! It would really help stop the excessive un-necessary knee-buckling issue than tends to happen before sueding and create more of a continuity in pose-ability between the arms and legs that is otherwise lacking in the M.Pi / PO13 body at the moment.

7. Pipos displayed and sold Big boy at Dollfete 2014 event in Bangkok, Thailand - 30 March 2014
      I ask directly at Pipos's booth they said it's 65cm boy. but after News update it's 70cm boy.
      I try ask friends who also joined Dollfete, Pipos told everyone at Dollfete it's 65cm boy.
      May be something wrong with information or re-sculpt body to 70cm? if they re-sculpt what's up with bodies they early sold at Dollfete?

here are pics I snap at Dollfete 2014
      they displayed 3 human sculpts, 1 anthro sculpt(Mr. Hyde), I only have 2 human sculpts's close-up pics and don't know which sculpt's name so I called with no. and displayed 1 body type (may be B type - 2 torso)
      [​IMG]

no.1 sculpt
      http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l146/hyokito/dollfie/reIMG_0826_zpsc6560cff.jpg

no.2 sculpt (Dr. Jekyll)
      http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l146/hyokito/dollfie/reIMG_0821_zps14d00ca1.jpg
      http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l146/hyokito/dollfie/reIMG_0818_zps947def2a.jpg
      http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l146/hyokito/dollfie/reIMG_0819_zps1b429834.jpg

body (front body with no.1 sculpt)
      http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l146/hyokito/dollfie/reIMG_0825_zps7a20d8dc.jpg
      http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l146/hyokito/dollfie/reIMG_0824_zpsf391ac3b.jpg

See? full bodies displayed at event look like 65cm boy more than 70cm boy in person. :pout:

8. Thanks so much hyokito for the photos! I was really surprised by this new size too. The human sculpts look nice. I'm not sure how I feel about the anthro yet. I was expecting more of a beast head, like a lion or wolf. Something more masculine to accommodate the body.

9. Oh wow, thanks for posting up those pics, hyokito. Pipos posted a new pic of their Majestic boy body on Twitter HERE today and it definitely looks like the same body to me. I wonder if they made a mistake on the size one way or the other? Very interesting, either way and I do like the style of musculature they've gone for. From what I can tell, it looks like double-jointed knees there on the pics you posted, but then the PO13 / M.Pi body looks that way too, but sadly they're not. I still have my fingers crossed for double-jointed knees here, though!

10. I've been looking quite a lot at Pipos website today as all the Pictures of the new dolls showed up. I was surprised though. I expected that the limited Raven doll would be sold out really fast... but he is still available... Wonder how long until all are sold.

11. Same here, JAS101. As much as I love Mr Hyde in that lovely GS (his company face-up is just gorgeous) I really can't afford him right now. With a limited edition of just 20, I wonder how much longer he'll be around for. Also, why a non limited version in NS only again? Really not a fan of Pipos' larger anthros in NS. After my experience with M.Pi Hopen Gift Edition I would much prefer anything other than NS for larger Pipos anthros.

12. Hehe, I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds the normal skin version cats sort of off-putting. ^.^"
      I don't know what it is…but...
      That said, I ordered the gray skin version of Mr. Hyde!!!! :sumomo:
      I was also surprised that he wasn't sold out already (though not complaining!). I wonder if people are waiting on him since he's such a large jump in size from their normal selection?
      Personally, I've been waiting for Pipos to make a cat man in this size ever since the R.Pi's came out! ::rubs hands together::

13. I ordered one last night as well :) And I just noticed Pipos is having a event linked to the new dolls. As I understand it shipping will be free?! If that'sthe case it's really, really fantastic!

14. Oh! That is nice!
      Thank you for mentioning it. Hehe, I had to go look just now. I was thinking, "aw, I paid for shipping already" but it sounds like they will refund it. :thumbup

15. You're welcome :) I did ask about the event and in the case of a layaway you just don't pay for the shipping. So I figure that if you pay the whole amount at once you will get a refund for the shipping. I think this event is great because the shipping is no small amount and I feel it is very kind of Pipos to make that offer :kitty2.

The only thing I do wish had been different about Raven is that I would have liked a tail option and the option to buy the same style of beast hands that are available for the other cats. I like the hands he have because they fit the theme very nicely, but personally I would have loved to also be able to buy the very round, cute cat hands for him :)

16. Oww, they remain on official site.
      [TABLE="width: 100%"]
      [TR]
      [TD]
      Height : 65cm
      Girth of head : 22cm
      Girth of neck : 10cm
      Width of shoulders : 12cm
      Length of shoulder to wist : 19cm
      Length of elbow : 10cm
      Length of back : 13cm
      Girth of chest : 28cm
      Girth of waist : 21cm
      Girth of hip : 26cm(A.body) 25.5cm(B.body)
      Length of waist to ankle : 39cm(A.body) 39.5cm(B.body)
      Length of waist to knee : 21cm(A.body) 21.5cm(B.body)
      Length of Knee to ankle : 18cm
      Girth of ankel : 7cmFoor size : 8cm
      [/TD]
      [/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      Yeah!:dance, exactly height is 65cm, (why announce it's 70cm size first?)
      but as 65cm size, I'm interesting in body or may be Midnight Crow head too.:D
      can't wait to see owner OPB!!

17. Yes, it is very sweet of them to do free shipping. ^__^
      They emailed me already about it.

I'm quite excited because I have a beautiful resin cat tail that I've been saving from Iplehouse's Luna Tamer release years ago. I never knew what to do with it, but I just really liked it. Now it will be perfect for my Mr. Hyde! :chocoheart

18. The mysterious gray Mr. Hyde grabbed my heart the moment I saw him, but I just couldn't afford to have him shipped home. I still went to see him the day after he was released, just to admire the pictures, and added him to my cart, just to see how many of him were left... That's when I noticed that the shipping fees had disappeared!

I'm now eagerly waiting for him! :dance

The company pictures seem absolutely wonderful to me, but on the picture hyokito posted, the cat head really looks tiny for the body... I'm afraid april and JenKat may be right about the anthro proportions, but I'm crossing my fingers...

19. Which one of the body types did you who ordered one choose? I picked the B type for mine

20. I'm glad that more of these guys are getting ordered. It will be fun to see them around the forums. ^_^

I purchased him on the A body, JAS101. I liked the extra joint and slightly less muscles. Hehe.

In regards to the promo photos vs. the event photos posted above…I would say it is because Pipos photographed Mr. Hyde from above in their shots, so this changes the perspective of the head to body ratio. I think I will make him a ruffled collar. I like those anyway, but it will help to fill that space between his shoulders and his head. ^_~