1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

HeartStrung 1/6 (27cm) - Ruse

Mar 5, 2014

1. [TABLE="width: 700, align: left"]
      [TR]
      [TD]Hello!
      As the first HeartStrung dolls will soon be making the journey to their new homes, I thought it might be a good time to open a new thread - to share information, photos... general discussion. I will be here to help too, if anyone has any questions. You can also reach me any time by emailing [email protected]

1/6 (27cm) - RUSE

[/TD]
      [TD][​IMG][/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]
      [​IMG]
      Capturing Ruse by aneemal, on Flickr
      [/TD]
      [TD]Measurements:

Height: 27cm
      Wig: 4"
      Eye: 8mm
      (Low dome recommended)
      Foot length: 2.6cm

Clothing & accessories...

Ruse is less broad in the shoulders than many other similar sized dolls, however she can still share many Blythe/Pullip/Azone and even some Momoko clothing and shoes.

Bear in mind that her limbs are longer (Blythe stockings will not fit, for example, unless you cut off the toes! ^_^)

For shoes, a length of approximately 3cm is recommended, to ensure a good fit.

Please understand that this information is based on my own experience and you will still need to use your own discretion![/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD="align: center"]I am so excited about seeing her out and about in the world!![/TD]
      [TD]~Amal :)
      [/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD="align: center"]Measurements (cm)

[TABLE="class: outer_border, width: 150"]
      [TR]
      [TD]Bust
      [/TD]
      [TD="align: center"]8.5
      [/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]Waist
      [/TD]
      [TD="align: center"]7
      [/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]Hips
      [/TD]
      [TD="align: center"]10
      [/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]Shoulder to shoulder
      [/TD]
      [TD="align: center"]3.8
      [/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]Arm length
      [/TD]
      [TD="align: center"]7
      [/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]Upper arm circumference
      [/TD]
      [TD="align: center"]3
      [/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]Inside leg
      [/TD]
      [TD="align: center"]13
      [/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]Thigh circumference
      [/TD]
      [TD="align: center"]6
      [/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]Shoulder to crotch
      [/TD]
      [TD="align: center"]7.5
      [/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]Neck circumference
      [/TD]
      [TD="align: center"]3.5
      [/TD]
      [/TR]
      [/TABLE]

[/TD]
      [TD][/TD]
      [/TR]
      [/TABLE]

2. Popping in to say HI!!! I paid my deposit on one of these little darlings. Anyone from the Joint will recognize this sweet little imp, it was a delight to see her come to life at the hands of the artist... welcome and the wait begins :)

3. Oooh yay for this thread, settling in here too as I'm a huge fan of Ruse and have been since you started making her, Amal. It's so amazing to see her all done now and I can't wait for all the Ruses to arrive with their new owners! :D
      Such a beautiful characterful doll, and I love her bodysculpt!
      PS: Love the logo!

4. ; - ; Wah, I'm so happy she's finally ready! I'm working towards being able to afford her, hopefully that's soon.

5. I can't wait to see more of her!

6. That's good to know about sleeves needing to be a little wider or elasticated to fit her delicate little hands!

Someone is going to be so very lucky to win this doll ♥ loving the new photos of her!

7. @ Amal: Are the hands attached with s-hooks with the body? (So you could remove the hands before clothing Ruse.)
      I love the unusual finger position of your doll.
      Detachable hands would be great. I would also love to have different kinds of hand parts if this is possible in the future.
      But before I'm looking forward to hold this cute girl in my hands. :celebrate

8. Hi Saiyaku - yes, they're attached with s-hooks, so you could still remove them (...I didn't find the courage yet! Which is a silly thing for a bjd-maker to say! ^_^; )

i can't wait to see what everyone will do with their girls! :D

9. Thank you for the answer.
      I can understand if someone is reluctant to remove a head or the hands of a doll to put on the clothes. It also happend to me that I lost the s-hook inside the body. ^^;
      But for the perfect clothes I would still make the effort.

I saw some beautiful Blythe clothes at etsy and I'm thinking about to put her in a mori outfit but Raouken also offers corsets for Blythes and I love her work... so I'm unable to make a decision at the moment what she will wear when she is home with me.

I was wondering if you will be at the Ldoll (in Lyon) this year as an artist with HeartStrung?

10. º uº Oh, I'd really appreciate extra magnet hands! I love her splayed out fingers, they give her so much character but I keep worrying about them getting broken when someone tries to dress her up.

11. Saiyaku, oh no - I can imagine freaking out if that happened!...But I guess in the end having to reststring the doll completely is not as bad as dealing with broken fingers! :O

It would be a dream come true to attend LDoll! According to the policy, I would have to book a stand as a 'professional' and I'm afraid I haven't planned enough in advance to be able to fill a whole table on just my own. Maybe it is possible to share stands? I will try to find out. I do hope to attend in the future - It looks amazing each time. ...And all those dolls for sale!! @_@

americonedream, the resin is quite strong and not brittle, so the fingers shouldn't break that easily. But at least if there are option parts available, a broken hand would be easy to replace. I'll make it a priority ^_^

12. Radical, thanks! :D

13. for a doll this small, you can take a paper clip and hook it around the elastic while the hand is off, that will prevent the dreaded loss of elastic up the arm. And, then you can slide the paper clip through the sleeve. These dolls are so sweet! Is her pre order over?

magnet hands are great, but they present their own problems (getting easily knocked off and lost, the magnets coming loose etc.) I don't mind fiddling with the strung hands myself. I think the worst BJD accident I have had lately is gluing a hand magnet in wrong, then trying to get the magnet out...my poor doll was an amputee for a really long time.

14. The glue thing happened to me as well, it was so frustrating! The warm water technique really does the trick, though, that's how I got mine out. Just get some warm water and leave whatever part you need the magnet out of in it for awhile. If the glue is fresh, it shouldn't take too long. And one thing that helps even more is to have a stronger magnet on hand, one that attracts the magnet you want out. After doing the water thing, hold on tight to the piece and depending on how strong the magnet is, it'll take the offending one out. That's how I removed mine from a Pukifee so as long as you're stocked up on magnets, you're good to go.
      I'm pumped, it looks like I'll be able to afford Ruse sometime this week. ; w;

15. I used the stick the thing in the freezer trick, similar to the warm water trick, the temp change makes the resin and the magnet lose interest in each other, and make it easier to pries out. Next time I will use the old mark the polarity with a marker trick.
      I have never chipped the wrist resin with a paper clip. Resin is pretty darn resilient.
      Personally I consider restringing to be a last resort. I am a firm believer in hot glue and for the tinies a little wire to make them more pose-y.
      ooh maybe I will be able to grab one of these cuties, I am going to look at your site right now.

ok I wrote you a note, asking about payment.

16. Thank you both for the tips!! :) I wouldn't have thought to try any of those things and I feel tons better knowing them now!

I'm impatiently waiting for news from the factory - the first lot of dolls will hopefully be shipping soon!

17. Eeeep so exciting, I hope you'll hear from them soon! :D

18. So any recommendations for good places (or Etsy sellers) to buy Blythe clothes?

19. Trawling through Etsy has become somewhat of an addiction for me recently! You're welcome to have a look through my favourites, if you're interested! :)

20. I´m happily waiting for Ruse of my own... Not a long time anymore. :)