1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angel Region Little Fair Discussion part 1

Jan 11, 2005

1. Mod Note: This is now a discussion thread for Angel Region Little Fair.

Please ask questions about Wig size, Clothes, Eyes, Shoes that fit etc.

Neo-AngelRegion site:
      http://dollsoom.co.kr/soom/neoangelregion.html

Angel Region Little Fair Discussion part 1:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...ttle-Fair-Discussion-part-1&p=71043#post71043

I've just learnt about the offer at Angel Region and I'm very (very!) interested in getting the Ami head. I missed the whole doll one or two weeks ago and this is my chance. But I'm also very (very!) interested in the Blue Fairy blossom body (for girls). Before I order here or there, can you tell me if it's okay to put an AR head on a BF body? Is there a problem of balance or something? I don't think, because AR has 44cm dolls and BF 43cm. But disproportion maybe? Any advice would be very welcome!

2. Ummm....aren't the BF dolls and the AR dolls by the same sculptor? I think I read that on a post here....

3. I'd be more worried about skintone matching than proportions, which are probably very similar, "Blossom" body or otherwise. The major difference in the Blossom body seems to be the bust and not the overall proportions.

4. shan - Yep, different skintones may be an annoyance but since the AR head would come without make-up, I may commission a face-up to match the BF body. Do you think the difference is very big?

Lauryn - I really want my Chiara to be feminine. The blossom body would be perfect for that but the deal at AR is also very tempting. And skintone, though I don't care much about it (yet still a little bit).

Kiyakotari - That'd be great! If only the resin was of the same colour ^^;

5. I've heard that Angel Region MSD sized heads are a bit bigger than MSD...

Would anyone with an angelregion doll be able to measure the circumfrence of the head for me?
      Thanks! ^^

6. If you're wondering about wigs, then MSD wigs fit them fine... I can't measure the ren I'm doll-sitting right now (I'm at work and she's not. =^^;=) But we bought her a MSD wig... I believe it was a Poshdoll or Dollmore brand... and it fits just fine!

I hope that helps.

7. I think this may vary from AR head to AR head... Last year, I bought a Poshdolls wig that was supposed to be fine for MSD, DoD and AR, and it simply would *not* fit my Dana-boy. :(

When I measured his head, I found that it was between 8.5 and 8.75 inches in circumference. Quite a bit bigger than the average MSD head, I think!

8. At a meet-up last year, I had a chance to compare two different Blue Fairy dolls (neither with the blossom body, unfortunately) with my Angel Region boy. We discovered that his skintone was pretty much identical to the newer of the two Blue Fairy dolls!

Unfortunately, I still don't know whether my boy was made before or *after* Angel Region started using their new "Crystal Skin" resin. I think I got him after the Japanese site said they were switching over, but the English site didn't make any formal announcements so I have no idea. :(

From what I recall, Blue Fairy and Angel Region dolls really are proportioned similarly... there shouldn't be any major problems.

9. They are- That sculptor dooes both the bodies and heads for BF and also soem heads for AR, to the bodies are indentical. The resin match would be the only worry, and with what twotone said, then there shouldnt' be any problems. ^^

10. I just measured the Ren head... it was about 8 1/8th inches.

Sorry this is a little late =^^;= I ended up getting home much later than I expected last night.

11. AR dolls skin tone (not the crystal skin) matches well with BF body.
      M Twin Dana with BF blssom body
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]
      ^^

12. My Dana came today...yay!

One question. They have a waist-joint thing that goes in between their top torso and middle torso....could anyone tell me how to string it on? I just strung it with the body, but it always sliding up the elastic...I am sooooo confused,

13. That bit (at least if I'm thinking of the same thing) is meant to be glued to the bottom/middle torso. See if the middle torso has some marks where it has come away?

14. I was also wondering about the Angel Regions... I wanted to get a Present Ren (just like so many other people...) but I was wondering how plasticy they are. my mom is mad that I bought a 'plastic doll' (aka Serendipity Shall) and I really wanted to get one that was more resin-like and didn't squeek at all, so are they plasticy?

15. Will mention that AR minis seem to have slightly larger heads than most, and often won't fit smaller MSD sized wigs (DoD especially)

Also, squeaking isn't necessarily bad.... the new Souldoll opaque-resin boy body squeaks horribly, but he holds his poses WAY better than my Luts body, I think because the joints... stick more?

16. My angel region cien girl doesnt squeak, but she was also a kit so she came uncoated. her texture is rather different compared to my DOD, but i still think they are both amazing dolls. she seems a little heavier than my DOD. Thats really all i can say at this point. when i get some Mr super clear, i can tell you how the coated texture is.

17. Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone who owns or has seen an angel region doll can tell me how 'white' their standard skin colour is? Is there a really big difference between "crystal normal skin" and "crystal rose white" ? Because you can't really tell on the website. If you have any photos that compare the two that would be -fantastic- but I'd be happy to just hear descriptions of the resin colour.

Thanks so much ^_^

-Kitari

18. Um..i know that my Present Ren's crystal rose white skin seemsed about the same lightness as the Luts white skin. though more pink where as their's was yellow...compared to the normal..sorry ^_^; no clue.

19. my ren twins are crystal normal skin. compared to a luts BW the skin seems to be a bit rosey to me. its not as solid of a color as other dolls. thu being called crystal i guess >.<.

sorry im not much help. the crystal normal is like pale but normal colored. hope that helps.

20. Reverie - I think that "crystal skin" is to AR as "pureksin" is to VOLKS.