1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DreamOfDoll (Dream Of Children) Discussion (DoC) Part 3

Aug 26, 2013

1. This is the discussion thread for Dream of Children (DoC).

Questions about what eyes, wigs and clothes fit your dolls.

Company Website:
      http://www.dreamofdoll.com/

Comparison Volks MSd, Angel Region Boy, DoC:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showpost.php?p=72646&postcount=5

Volks Msd old type girl body/Blue Fairy/DoC boy/Kid Delf:
      http://no-gentlemen.net/sdc.php?details=msd

Problems with Dream of Children Resin and Face-ups:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90158
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15766&page=2

DreamOfDoll (Dream Of Children) Discussion (DoC) Part 1:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...(DoC)-Discussion-Part-1&p=3272724#post3272724

DreamOfDoll (Dream Of Children) Discussion (DoC) Part 2:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...(DoC)-Discussion-Part-2&p=8160911#post8160911

DreamOfDoll (Dream of Children) Discussion (DoC) Part 3:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...l-(Dream-Of-Children)-Discussion-(DoC)-Part-3

2. Oh wow, I _just_ missed the old thread. I've been lurking a while and definitely loved the Pitts spam. I'm most partial to the old molds because there weren't that many of them when I started the hobby. :3

yumi~, DoD skin colour is definitely still pink. It's the reason I can't buy more of their dolls, I just can not stand pink/red toned skins on dolls at all. I had to sell my Tender Zen because I just couldn't cope with it. :< It wouldn't even yellow although I tried to expose her to light as much as I could (should've just left her properly in the sun, I think).

~A*K~ I have a photo with Mir + Tender Zen together from when I still had both, if that helps at all? It's not the best one around but the first one I could find quickly.

3. Yenna, thank you so much!!! Your Mir is so pretty! But, why does she looks so tall?

My girl has something new!

[​IMG]

But now she won't listen to me =___=U

4. Oh yay~ A new thread!~ XD

My little lady got a new wig and outfit from the secondhand market. The weather was really good today so she came out for a little bit of air~

[​IMG]

5. She's on a DIM Happy body that's about 45cm tall. xD I bought her when DOD still only had the old type body and I wanted to upgrade.

6. PinchofSalt, she looks great :)

Oh! That's why xD
      Well, she looks amazing :D
      Thank you for the picture!

7. Anyone who knows about any good resin match for DOD resin?

I have the old body for my Pitts because I wanted a child like character. Her single jointed arms I can not straight them out without them popping back. But then she was strung extremly tight. And I have never sueded her before.

But I kinda wonder if I should get her another body so I can pose her better. I prefer a child like body. But if I can't find anything I'll try to give her a little looser strings, suede her or try some suede rings\ joint fixing parts.

8. So we managed to reach another thread and I finished my Jack Frost cosplay

[​IMG]

9. Hello! Random drop-in from the BBB/RS discussion thread =)

Do any of you know if the DOC clothes fit other MSD size dolls?
      I have a Fairyland Minifee boy, and I have two Resinsoul minis on the way (they're all Slim MSD, as far as I've been told) and Dream of Doll has some awesome punk/goth clothes that I'd ADORE for my dolls.

10. @Alchemist's Fire Their clothes would probably fit some other MSDs, but I doubt Fairyland or Resinsoul would fit in them since they're so slim. DOCs are comparatively chunky.

11. @megpie252: Thanks very much hun.
      Kind of a shame...there's some really awesome goth & punk clothing on DoD that I'd love to have for my dolls.
      Guess I have to learn to sew after all xD

12. @Alchemist's Fire : Unless you don't exactly mind it being slightly baggy. ^ ^)" I think you still can get the clothes from DOD, except that you might need to make some alterations to the clothes if you would like them to fit better. That's still slightly easier than learning how to sew completely; you already have the base, you just need to mod it.

13. Thank you Yenna <3 it's kind of sad though...I can't stand pink/red shades on dolls either and I think I got the pinker DOC boy ever but I love him so he's staying...but I won't be ordering another DOC until they add new shades or fix their normal skin tones. Or I can blush the head since I'm not a fan of DOC bodies either way, let's see what the future brings!

14. I wouldn't mind it being slightly baggy, no. Certain things may actually look cuter being a little baggy.
      And I do have someone who could probably help me make alterations, which would also be a good thing.

I just wish I had more time. I really do want to learn how to sew =)

15. I took Valeska out for some pictures today, before the snow ruins all the water lilies.

[​IMG]

16. Uhm... I posted this... yesterday? But since the hacking, some post are missing, so here I go again...

megpie252, I adore her :) so cute, as always

I should spam too...

17. Joining the thread since I just got my first DOD doll this week - I won a Yen on eBay. He had a company faceup, but it wasn't quite right for the character so I redid it, only keeping the eyebrows (which I recolored to match his hair.) This is Addison:

[​IMG]

18. Sorry if this question has already been asked, but do Dollheart shoes fit DOC boys?
      I just got a lovely Si (his name is Finn!) and he's been shoeless since I've had him D:

19. megpie252 I remember Valeska, I couldn't forget that beautiful Leya! she looks so pretty with that outfit and great background.

solitary agent
      congrats on your new boy!! he is lovely, I always liked yens (every DOC for that matter) I love his big eyes and freckles <3

parapluie I don't have dollheart shoes but any "MSD" shoe will fit fine. I never worried or had any problems when buying shoes for DOCs, any MSD size will fit and if it is bigger the better! (I struggle a lot with shoes about the same size of their feet because it is a pain to take off).

20. solitary agent, he's so cute :D congrats!!!