1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Kiezkinder Discussion part 1

May 28, 2013

1. I have just had confirmation that these dolls are on topic, so I am starting a thread and am curious to know if anyone else here has any of these Kiezkinder BJDs, made by Sonja Hartmann.

I have quite a few now including some with their original eyes and head caps with attached wigs, some with alternative eyes and wigs using the optional blank wig caps and one who has been modded and painted.

Here's a few of them in their nightwear.

[​IMG]

In my "storyworld" they are a group of friends in their late teens/very early 20s.

........Mod Notes.......

This is a discussion of Kiezkinder Mini Dolls by Sonja Hartmann.

All Measurements in cm (and inches):
      Girl
      Body size (incl head) 42.0cm (16.5″)
      Girth of head 14.8cm (5.8″)
      Girth of chest 17.8cm (7.0″)
      Girth of waist 13.3cm (5.2″)
      Width of shoulder 8.0cm (3.1″)
      Length of arm 13.0cm (5.1″) (shoulder to wrist)
      Length of forearm 6.0cm (2.4″) (elbow to wrist)
      Length of back 14.0cm (5.5″) (without neck)
      Length of thighs 10.5cm (4.1″) (hip to knee)
      Length of calf 11.3cm (4.4″) (knee to ankle)
      Girth of ankle 5.5cm (2.2″)
      Length of foot 5.4cm (2.1″)

All Measurements in cm (and inches)
      Boy
      Body size (incl. head) 43.5cm (17.1″)
      Girth of head 15.2cm (6.0″)
      Girth of chest 18.5cm (7.3″)
      Girth of waist 14.6cm (5.7″)
      Width of shoulder 9.2cm (3.6″)
      Length of arm 13.2cm (5.2″) (shoulder to wrist)
      Length of forearm 6.1cm (2.4″) (elbow to wrist)
      Length of back 14.8cm (5.8″) (without neck)
      Length of thighs 11.4cm (4.5″) (hip to knee)
      Length of calf 10.8cm (4.3″) (knee to ankle)
      Girth of ankle 6.0cm (2.4″)
      Length of foot 5.5cm (2.2″)

Kiezkinder Discussion part 1:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?579050-Kiezkinder-Discussion-part-1

2. I am so pleased to hear that these dolls are on topic.......I am really looking forward to chatting about them and hearing what others think of their posing etc

And I love that photo Petronella :D

3. Wow, I never thought there's a thread here for Sonja Hartmann BJDs. I love Tiffany and Nika. However for cost/budget reasons, I only collect resin boys 24"-26". These 16" dolls is a different group and they will stretch my budget. I am not sure if I want to go down this path to acquire dolls in this size although i really tempted to do so.

I went to the Kieskinder Booth at IDEX but Sonja Hartmann was not there. My budget was exhausted during IDEX due to acquisition of Volks Reisner, hence, I did not persist in meeting Sonja Hartmann. I don't think she attended the BJD party either. I really would have loved to meet her.

Here are the photos I took from IDEX.

[​IMG]

The sculpt combined with makeup is soft and sweet. I think this doll's name is Zara. While at the booth, another doll collector pointed out the fact the basic face molds are the same.

[​IMG]

Petronella, thank you so much for sharing your photo. Hope to see more close up photos. I think these dolls deserve far more attention and publicity than they are currently receiving. :aheartbea :aheartbea

4. Thank you Jane....I only know a couple of other people with them so I'm hoping more will join in here soon.

Here's a close up of the boy face (the Marlo doll) - I'll add some to show more posing soon.

[​IMG]

5. stargazer-i, I'm pleased to hear about the display at IDEX. I'm in the UK so didn't get to see that although I have been able to meet Sonja at doll shows in Europe. She is very passionate about these BJDs.

You are right that the basic face is the same, there seem to be tiny differences with the painting but only minor. I have had a lot of fun creating my characters using different eyes and wigs - and occasionally a bit of modding (not done by me!).

Here's a close up of Nika for you - I don't have the Tiffany doll.

[​IMG]

6. I like also this dolls, and hope to get one in the future. :D
      The outfit also so pretty and up to date.
      Hugs Sabine

7. oh glad I found this thread! These boys look so interesting! They are MSD size right? They look more mature than most MSD boys out there which I great, I think the high cheekbones and nose even remind me of Dollshe Saint a bit, my favourite male sculpt! Gotta def check these out! What's their measurements and is it easy to find clothes that fit them then?

8. Thank you Sabine, I hope you get one.

liquoricefairy, they are more mature than many msds and also very slim. I feel they look like late teens/early 20s guys - not fully mature men but certainly not mid teens like many msd guys.

Male - 43.5 cm tall, chest 18.5 cm, waist 14.6 cm, foot 5.5cm

A lot of my clothes have been made for me but I also buy from both fashion doll and slim msd ranges for the guys.

I'll try and find you another male pic for more ideas.

9. I love the faces of the girls, so serene.

Does anyone know what size eyes and wig they wear?

10. I purchased mine from a doll shop where they'd been on display, so their faces are yellowed, but their bodies are still pale pink. They're so hard to come across that I have to not mind about the yellowing, but I'd love to buy new Kiez Kinder without this problem. So hard to find any now.